Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Teens and younger people up to their mid twenties interspersing everything they type with 'haha ' 'haha' , seriously , is this a mental side effect of some vaccine they were administered as kids , they all sound like Neanderthal half wits .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Shopping trolleys that steer wherever the hell they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Snapchat is my trivial annoyance. I shouldn't be allowed use it when I'm drunk. Dear lord :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Snapchat is my trivial annoyance. I shouldn't be allowed use it when I'm drunk. Dear lord :(
    You go dropping your bells on someone's inbox last night, yeah? :pac:

Billy86 wrote: »
    You go dropping your bells on someone's inbox last night, yeah? :pac:

I don't know what that means but I'm going to assume it means sending pics of my willy :L

No it wasn't like that. That would be less embarrassing :L

• Advertisement

I don't know what that means but I'm going to assume it means sending pics of my willy :L

No it wasn't like that. That would be less embarrassing :L
    ...what the hell did you do!?

Billy86 wrote: »
    ...what the hell did you do!?

Ugh, I'm gonna die from cringing. I sent a snapchat to my girlfriend telling her that I love her and then sent a snapchat to all of her friends and mine saying that I love her too. I dpn't even want to describe the picture, it's just too embarrassing. At least a willy pic would be funny but now I just look like a desperate fool :L

Ugh, I'm gonna die from cringing. I sent a snapchat to my girlfriend telling her that I love her and then sent a snapchat to all of her friends and mine saying that I love her too. I dpn't even want to describe the picture, it's just too embarrassing. At least a willy pic would be funny but now I just look like a desperate fool :L
    Just find a way to post it on here and we'll let you know if it really was that bad or not. :D

Did it go like this? PLEASE tell me it went something like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When someone lies to you about how long a job is going to take. Last year a stone fell out of my engagement ring(it's a diamond cluster) since its so small it was really hard to find, but I did thankfully. I took it to be repaired and the guy said a week. Long story short it was a month before it was done. To make it worse when I went to collect it they still hadn't finished with it so I had to go back a couple of hours later. It was just putting a little stone back in it's setting and putting a tiny little gold prong over it ffs.:mad:

The not so trivial thing, last Monday I was in Galway and somewhere along the way the stone fell out again, along with the new gold prong. So now my ring is in a drawer as it looks awful with a stone missing.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

gugleguy wrote: »
    go bus axed the 11.15 AM DUBLIN GALWAY weekday service. So, I will now not bother visiting Galway for the day in future and doing business there. And statement of obvious, the remaining go bus services have become like travelling in a sardine can. I won't be caught again, having taken the later go bus service after 11.15.

Citylink at 10.45 or 11.45?

Bus drivers who glare at you when you try to pay by leap. "Sorry Mr. Driver, will I just wait for the next one? I'm sorry you've to work on New Years, but it's your job"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Megatitan

I never really post here but I felt I had to because this crap drives me mad.

When people write "RIP x/y/z , I miss you and I will forever love you" on facebook for all their friends to see and like.

I understand they miss them and that but why feel the need to put it on facebook? They know they'll get loads of 'likes' and that but there's no need to put it on facebook. Just speak to them in your own time. Not through Mark Zuckerberg's website.

It's as if they're using it to get likes. Its crazy how the 'like' thing has become such an integral part of the facebook experience, how people crave it. Actually, yeah, people who are like whores, annoys me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

people not realising that actions have consequences - but thats not trivial sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Megatitan wrote: »

It's as if their using it to get likes. Its crazy how the 'like' thing has become such an integral part of the facebook experience, how people crave it. Actually, yeah, people who are like whores, annoys me too!

I'm not going to thank your post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

people with their year of birth in their username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Those who can't spell egg correctly.

Grinds my gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Megatitan wrote: »
    .......there's no need to put it on facebook. Just speak to them in your own time. Not through Mark Zuckerberg's website.
    thanking you for this bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Most internet speak, such as totes amaze balls , happy out, sure what else would ya be doing on a...,

Saw an online article with the word wondertqstic in it the other day. That made me lose faith in humanity for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People on buses with no sense of personal space.

People who use loose instead of lose.

Certain sigs ...oh look I am big walking cliche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Most internet speak, such as totes amaze balls , happy out, sure what else would ya be doing on a...,

Saw an online article with the word wondertqstic in it the other day. That made me lose faith in humanity for a bit.

Ahh Christ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fakman87 wrote: »

Ah Will you chillax :p

• Advertisement

second level students who get on 15B bus after Superquinn (Supervalue) . Other passengers are regarded the same as, well, the seats and are spoken across without the slightest care, punk / senior citizen alike downstairs as much as upstairs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you're just too old to get what they're trying to transmit

not in the slightest. You know by know what a feckless glorified punk I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

The Greedmongers on the Dragons Den when they say "There has to be a little in it for me" just after they offer someone €50 for 95% of there compant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

People who spell Penneys 'Pennys' and Supervalu 'Supervalue'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

mauzo! wrote: »

My OH and her fellow Brazilian friends thought that Penneys was something very different when they arrived here apparently. The way we say "Penneys" is the same way they say "Penís" and for a while there was a little confusion about what the store actually was.

"There's an even bigger penís on Henry Street" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mauzo! wrote: »
    Or 'vodaphone'?
    Those who can't spell egg correctly.

Grinds my gears.

How the heck do they spell egg?

ag? ehge? eg?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Any place in the country do slowsets anyone know? I hate clubs and dancing and all that ****e. It's either jumping up and down for someone reason or my male mates dancing together :confused: eh lads :confused: to some hibbidy hoppidy music which I've no interest in anyway but a slowset now, now that's something I might like. I'm mid 20's and I've never had a proper dance with a girl, and it looks easy enough in the filums so it does.

Back in the day, the slow set was known as "The erection section":D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    My OH and her fellow Brazilian friends thought that Penneys was something very different when they arrived here apparently. The way we say "Penneys" is the same way they say "Penís" and for a while there was a little confusion about what the store actually was.

"There's an even bigger penís on Henry Street" :P

I had a similar situation with a Finnish ex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who spell length as lenght.

People who spell etc as ect, it's et cetera, not ec cetera.

Businesses that take your phone number and tell you they will call you back when a product or item comes into the store or shop, the feckers never do. Same thing with FAS and all the former VEC's around the country, you phone up looking to speak to so and so, aw he's on his lunch break right now, can I take your name and contact number so he can call you back again. Does that feckin scenario sound familiar to you? They NEVER phone back.:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement