Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Shure. They should all have got some serious elocution lessons. Illiterate @#%%'s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

gugleguy wrote: »
    Shure. They should all have got some serious elocution lessons. Illiterate @#%%'s

It amazes me how so many people still spell those words incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People calling over a waiter and then deciding what to order. Make your minds up first FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

osarusan wrote: »
    People calling over a waiter and then deciding what to order. Make your minds up first FFS.

Probably to order some EXPRESSO excetera excetera:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Bank "opening" hours. Don't open to 10am at the earliest, close around 4pm, no late opening and no weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Bank "opening" hours. Don't open to 10am at the earliest, close around 4pm, no late opening and no weekends.

Agree 100%. Also Revenue, what are they open for now, is it two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. Four hours a day? Good for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's baffling to put it mildly - I don't know how people coped before internet/phone banking to be honest.

A classic one I remember when I was in school was that AIB Templeogue used to close for lunch for at least an hour, think it might have been an hour and a half somewhere between 12-2pm. Don't think they do it any more to be fair, this would have been around 2003-05... but the good old Celtic Tiger days!

I just don't get it though, it wouldn't kill them to open just for 3 hours, 9-12 or 11-2 on Saturdays which would likely make a lot of people very happy and even help them gain additional customers, regardless of which bank did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Or do what my Credit Union does. Closed all Wednesday but stay open till 7 on Thursday and open on Saturday till 1pm. Makes 100% more sense than the bank's hours.

I just don't get it though, it wouldn't kill them to open just for 3 hours, 9-12 or 11-2 on Saturdays which would likely make a lot of people very happy and even help them gain additional customers, regardless of which bank did it.[/QUOTE]

The bottom line is, IMO, the banks don't give a flyin ****e about customers, or least the customers who need to call to the bank.....the last thing they want is someone one calling to take out/deposit 50 euro. They want everyone to use ATM's or the machines in the bank. My local bank is the only business I know of where customers are waiting outside before they open, ( I think there is one morning per week where they don't open until 10.30...staff training??).

On the other hand, why someone shows up at 09.40 to wait outside in the rain, when they know the opening time is 10am, is something that puzzles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

You're walking along and bam, the person ahead just stops dead in front of you - like they've just had an aneurism or something

Typically a tourist, which I get. But increasingly its the 50+ y/o phone operators, who cease all other function while in text message check or reply mode, and become oblivious to all and sundry.

Spotted one the other day who didnt make it all the way across the road, and stopped in front of a parked car which was trying to pull out. After it became apparent that Bridey had sent a chronicle, they eventually had to beep at them :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Wossack wrote: »
    You're walking along and bam, the person ahead just stops dead in front of you - like they've just had an aneurism or something

Typically a tourist, which I get. But increasingly its the 50+ y/o phone operators, who cease all other function while in text message check or reply mode, and become oblivious to all and sundry.

Spotted one the other day who didnt make it all the way across the road, and stopped in front of a parked car which was trying to pull out. After it became apparent that Bridey had sent a chronicle, they eventually had to beep at them :confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

That people who don't have children are somehow less inclined to dislike things regarding harm to kids, so on. I'm unable to understand because I haven't knocked someone up? Wow. I guess the chicks with fifteen children must be social fucking geniuses, the amount of kids they queefed out.

Just because I don't have kids doesn't make me any less able to understand things about them. Films dealing with child cruelty are especially harrowing to people with children? Bugger off, I still have a heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

People who get on a bus and haven't yet even taken the change out of their pocket... and worse again women who haven't even got the purse out of their handbag yet!!

DB83 wrote: »
    People who get on a bus and haven't yet even taken the change out of their pocket... and worse again women who haven't even got the purse out of their handbag yet!!

Or the handbag out of that poxy tartan trolley:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Back in the day, the slow set was known as "The erection section"

That's how it should be done. Leave the Sergeant Major General stand to attention and he'll do the talking. Is there a better way to win a ladies heart? I think not.

Answering the phone and hearing a fuucking automated voice! What, do people just get machines to make their calls for them now. Feck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

DB83 wrote: »

Or queue at the tool bridge at peak times to get to the kiosk AND THEN start to look for change. Drives me focking crazy every time. How hard is it to get the coins ready while you're queueing?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

People leaving freezer doors open in supermarkets.... the ice cream could melt people!!!!

Can't pass by without closing them

That people who don't have children are somehow less inclined to dislike things regarding harm to kids, so on. I'm unable to understand because I haven't knocked someone up? Wow. I guess the chicks with fifteen children must be social fucking geniuses, the amount of kids they queefed out.

A "chick" with fifteen kids]........what a catch, think of all that chidderens allowance:D

Mint Aero wrote: »
    That's how it should be done. Leave the Sergeant Major General stand to attention and he'll do the talking. Is there a better way to win a ladies heart? I think not.

Or a mans heart............:pac:

• Advertisement

Smalltalk. Fuucking smalltalk! I have a cold, and sinusitis (and a massive hangover) and my eyes are dry and tired and I would like to just function for now and not exert myself with unnecessary niceties and pleasantries. Do you not realise how fuucking difficult it is for me to speak when I am like this? And you want to waste my time wishing me a happy new year and asking about my Christmas("Ah sure a quiet one is what you want"/"ah it was nice to get a break all the same"/"yeah yeah thats the thing")

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck off!!!!!!!!!

edit: the next fuucker who engages in unnecessary small talk will get a full blown, non-shielded sneeeze in the face. Off with ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

People from Templeogue talking with a Stillorgan accent, now that the AIB Bank in Templeogue is closed for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Answering the phone and hearing a fuucking automated voice! What, do people just get machines to make their calls for them now. Feck right off.

I just had my first one of them ten minutes ago. WTF like? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ah the stock "ah quiet now you know yourself" answer to the how was your Christmas question. I've heard it about two dozen times at work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

krudler wrote: »
    Ah the stock "ah quiet now you know yourself" answer to the how was your Christmas question. I've heard it about two dozen times at work today.

Can't exactly say 'it was fookin mad! coke and hookers for a week straight! Santa wasn't the only one to come this Christmas!'

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Can't exactly say 'it was fookin mad! coke and hookers for a week straight! Santa wasn't the only one to come this Christmas!'

That Coke ad drives me mad as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

krudler wrote: »
    It annoys me the amount of people that want to know how my Christmas went.

"was your turkey very dry?"
    "No, I have my butcher marinate it in reindeer piss for three weeks before Xmas, and then just roast it for 30 mins...that's a chef trick"
    "really?
    "Oh yeah, and the good part is you lose loads of weight if you eat it like this"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "was your turkey very dry?"
    "No, I have my butcher marinate it in reindeer piss for three weeks before Xmas, and then just roast it for 30 mins...that's a chef trick"
    "really?
    "Oh yeah, and the good part is you lose loads of weight if you eat it like this"

Yeah, through dysentery...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

It annoys me the amount of people that want to know how my Christmas went.

Or the amount of people who Dont ask you before Christmas where you are spending Christmas in case they might have to invite you to their place. In fact the amount of people who cut down on contact altogether come December in case they have to. Funny that, good enough to babysit and bend over backwards for them during the year, not good enough to sit at their Christmas table. Ouch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement