Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Internal microphone not working on my laptop.

Have tried all the trouble-shooting/driver malarkey.

Windows cannot detect a problem/this device is working properly.

NO IT'S 4KING NOT YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SHEET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

mud wrote: »
    Internal microphone not working on my laptop.

Have tried all the trouble-shooting/driver malarkey.

Windows cannot detect a problem/this device is working properly.

NO IT'S 4KING NOT YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SHEET.

happens mine sometimes too, what works for me is going to the >device manager>audio inputs and outputs> right click microphone and disable it then right click it again and enable it.

worth a try at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Actually I was recently informed by a Polish girl that they say it the same way too. I'm beginning to think there's some sort of conspiracy going on where they're trying to get all the randy foreign women into their shops.

TMI warning
    feeling the Period Monster warming up for a few gloves-off rounds with your poor little uterus
    and knowing you can't get to a chemist for solpadeine or your mate's house for weed in the next few days :(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can't beat Penneys for their tear-away underwear! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Fly tipping. We went for a walk today and strolling back through the park we saw a Lidl bag full of empty cans that someone had dumped and which were strewn all over the ground. FFS, there was a bin about 20 yards away. A 5 minute walk away is a recycle area for bottles and cans. Lazy bas*ards.

B*stards are always doing this near my parents house. They think the mountain is only there to dump their rubbish (and speed through on a Sunday too quickly to actually see anything but still, "nice Sunday drive" -my ars*). I always pick through it trying to get an address. Unbelievably, about 30% of the time, they are stupid enough to leave post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    B*stards are always doing this near my parents house. They think the mountain is only there to dump their rubbish (and speed through on a Sunday too quickly to actually see anything but still, "nice Sunday drive" -my ars*). I always pick through it trying to get an address. Unbelievably, about 30% of the time, they are stupid enough to leave post.

What do you do when you find an address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

irks me how the handrail, and the steps move at very slightly different speeds on some escalators. Have to reposition my hand a few times going up them as I feel like Im doing Michael Jackson's 'impossible lean' at times

trivial or what!?

SV wrote: »

Me an my ol' man do go round there with some iron bars and the likes....show them city folk just how we do things out here ;) I dont do anything. I give the address to my dad and he reports it. To who or what comes of it I have no idea. I do know there is a dedicated hotline number for reporting such things now, such is the extent of the problem. (1850 365 121)B*stards never consider the environment. Must ask him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wossack wrote: »
    irks me how the handrail, and the steps move at very slightly different speeds on some escalators. Have to reposition my hand a few times going up them as I feel like Im doing Michael Jackson's 'impossible lean' at times

trivial or what!?
    Let me guess... you tend to put one hand on each handrail?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

SV wrote: »

Post the rubbish back :D:D

bluewolf wrote: »

Not all of it though, just the soiled nappies and bulmers cans :( I'd post the sofa split in two aswell but its a fuucker to pay for that...

• Advertisement

The fact that I just officially became an old fart. I had to send a letter of complaint and before I knew it, I had actually typed.....

..."it has gone beyond a joke at this stage" :( (dispenses dry fart, gets zimmer frame. leaves)

bluewolf wrote: »

That would be a brilliant idea..I'm going to start putting fake bills with the addresses of people I dislike in rubbish dumped in the countryside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

People who drop cigarette butts on the ground.... was at a bus stop the other morning & a guy casually drops his ciggie on the path, while standing within touching distance of a bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I'm absolutely dying but also hyper. And I'd eat the legs of a scabby child at this moment in time. But nobody will come for the cure with me. Dry shiites. I had all this sorted at 6.30 this morning that we'd meet in town at 11am but no, it's too windy and wet for them. Fcuk them, I'll bring the dog in instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

larko wrote: »
    Our shop opens at 930. I get in at about 910. Cue the f@@king customers on my shoulder trying to get in with me... the alarn is beeping away. The lights are off but still you follow me in and then have the nerve to say "oh youre not open till 930?". The bodies are piling up out the back and starting to smell.

On a smaller trivial thing... lots of calls today...... "are you open?"

"Are you opening the shop now?"

"No, I am closing it and walking out backwards! WTF do you think, ya dozy, early rising old bag!!"................"Do call again"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

drunk sozzled hobo's getting on the bus with barely concealed large vodka bottles then waffling on in their vulgar empty stupor of a babble.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Are you opening the shop now?"

"No, I am closing it and walking out backwards! WTF do you think, ya dozy, early rising old bag!!"................"Do call again"

They're still nothing on the 'wait until two minutes before closing, then come in and saunter around the shop for as long as possible' brigade. Especially because it used to literally be the same small handful of people, with the same "I couldn't get here any earlier - just back from work!" excuse.

After a while we switched to closing the shop earlier, and those EXACT SAME people came flying in at 10.57 now, "it's the earliest I could get here - I'm literally just back from work!". Oh ok, because there's not a 10-15 minute process to go through after you finally f***ing leave at 10 past the hour!

How are shops able to only pay staff until say 11pm, but not allow them begin the 10-odd minute closing process (closing till, counting float in till, locking up, setting alarms, etc) until then also? Given that the insurance on that staff being there would likely stop at 11pm sharp, is it even legal? What if they get robbed when they go to lock the front door and it's say 11.15pm?

DB83 wrote: »
    People who drop cigarette butts on the ground.... was at a bus stop the other morning & a guy casually drops his ciggie on the path, while standing within touching distance of a bin
    Seeing people do it close to a bin winds me up a lot too, but having used to be a smoker I can tell you that it's quite easy to walk even up to 15-20 minutes without being able to find sight of a bin to throw a butt in. In most other cities in Europe/the US/Australia at least, no matter where you are if you take a good look around you there's probably a bin in sight. Lots of tourists find themselves unimpressed with the levels of general litter here, and the lack of bins - it makes no sense to them.

What's even more ridiculous is that the response to illegal dumping from Dublin council has been... to remove 48 bins from the city centre area.

gugleguy wrote: »
    drunk sozzled hobo's getting on the bus with barely concealed large vodka bottles then waffling on in their vulgar empty stupor of a babble.

Hate that. Seems to be a daily occurence on the luas red line. Was on it yesterday and there was some idiot stinking the place out of it and talking sh1te (the usual burn the bondholders/houses are only bricks and mortar/you cant take it with you etc). The rest of us mugs coming from work having to listen to the druken, nostalgic warbling of a waste of space.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

People in the back seat pointing directions when I am driving. I can't see your finger from my seat FFS.

"This way....that way." Useless to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Making something tasty for lunch (like a stir fry) the evening before work... and finding it oh so yummy, you end up eating most of it without leaving enough for lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Dog curls off a steamer, owner bags turd and leaves it, with the knotted bag and its straps, fluttering in the breeze, *exactly* where the dog shat.

This seems to be a thing among dog owners of a certain age. You'll bag it but not carry it.. :confused:

Amalgam wrote: »
    Dog curls off a steamer, owner bags turd and leaves it, with the knotted bag and its straps, fluttering in the breeze, *exactly* where the dog shat.

This seems to be a thing among dog owners of a certain age. You'll bag it but not carry it.. :confused:

I never understood that. On the scale of acceptability:

Bag and dump>leave>bag and leave

(the latter two being completely unacceptable of course)

osarusan wrote: »
    People in the back seat pointing directions when I am driving. I can't see your finger from my seat FFS.

"This way....that way." Useless to me.

What's worse is those who don't drive yet they know the way, driving at 80km/h and you come to your turn, yet you don't know it, they tell you you need to turn when you're about 10 metres from your turn.

It doesn't work like that! I need prior notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Billy86 wrote: »
    Seeing people do it close to a bin winds me up a lot too, but having used to be a smoker I can tell you that it's quite easy to walk even up to 15-20 minutes without being able to find sight of a bin to throw a butt in.
    No excuse. Look after your own waste. Don't expect the rest of us to pay for your (former) habits.

RainyDay wrote: »
    No excuse. Look after your own waste. Don't expect the rest of us to pay for your (former) habits.

I just toss mine out the car window.....whats the big deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just toss mine out the car window.....whats the big deal?

The big deal is your contribution to the most common source of litter in the country. It takes 12-15 years for your waste to biodegrade. The other big deal is that if I'm passing, either on foot or on my bike, I'll toss the burning butt back into your lap, or into your hood, or inside your coat/jacket depending on how good my aim is. Or I'll bag it and send it to the litter warden with your reg number and a couple of photos.

http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37083

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:O3Ewr81PkpUJ:www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/3300-fine-plus-costs-for-throwing-cigarette-butt-from-car-27821020.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=122204
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/solicitor-s-car-hit-by-flying-cigarette-butt-1-5741850

Use your ashtray.

The big deal is your contribution to the most common source of litter in the country. It takes 12-15 years for your waste to biodegrade. The other big deal is that if I'm passing, either on foot or on my bike, I'll toss the burning butt back into your lap, or into your hood, or inside your coat/jacket depending on how good my aim is. Or I'll bag it and send it to the litter warden with your reg number and a couple of photos.

Use your ashtray.

Jesus, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed...............

I don't smoke:D

I never said I did throw them on the ground. Likewise though, you see people throw wrappers and empty bottles on the ground a lot for the same reason (and for some reason people tend to get less up in arms over that stuff than cigarette butts). As much as people should do better, it's quite a large, understated failing of Dublin council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The face people make when walking in rain.

When people stumble, and they do that little jog thingy immediately afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement