Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

So called sports shops that sell very little sports equipment, but have every premier league jersey available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People who make a point of letting you know they don't like whatever you have given them as a present, why, just why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

LynnGrace wrote: »
    People who make a point of letting you know they don't like whatever you have given them as a present, why, just why?!

It was you who bought the baylis and harding wasn't it? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Shìtty locks, or rather shìtty keys!

Damn key just snapped as I tried to turn it in the lock. Last time this happened it cost €120 for a new lock and call-out charge.

Bollocks! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Shìtty locks, or rather shìtty keys!

Damn key just snapped as I tried to turn it in the lock. Last time this happened it cost €120 for a new lock and call-out charge.

Bollocks! :mad:

See if your cellmate has a spare:D

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    It was you who bought the baylis and harding wasn't it? :P

:D
    My post wasn't really Christmas related, I swear. ;)

Wossack wrote: »
    You're walking along and bam, the person ahead just stops dead in front of you - like they've just had an aneurism or something

Typically a tourist, which I get. But increasingly its the 50+ y/o phone operators, who cease all other function while in text message check or reply mode, and become oblivious to all and sundry.

Spotted one the other day who didnt make it all the way across the road, and stopped in front of a parked car which was trying to pull out. After it became apparent that Bridey had sent a chronicle, they eventually had to beep at them :confused:

True, though not confined to any particular age group, IMO.
    Similarly, why do people insist on standing in doorways, or at bottom of escalators, blocking the way, in order to chat.

True, though not confined to any particular age group, IMO.
    Similarly, why do people insist on standing in doorways, or at bottom of escalators, blocking the way, in order to chat.

To be trivial and annoying :D

To be trivial and annoying :D

:D and probably discussing why they hate the present I gave them.

Just for the sake of argument, what would you do if someone (your OH) got you an ironing board, would you say anything?:pac:

• Advertisement

:D and probably discussing why they hate the present I gave them.

yup. Next time someone stops dead in front of you, snatch their phone. Guaranteed the unfinished text will say "you wont believe what that b1tch got me ....yeah yeah...another fuucking baylis and harding set. I just cant.." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,602 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Just for the sake of argument, what would you do if someone (your OH) got you an ironing board, would you say anything?:pac:

Yes.

"New Year's resolution?"

I'd probably say 'oh I see you bought yourself an ironing board.' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

People who say "or" at the end of a question, like "will I do that now or...?"

Or what, you fcuking moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

or is that not a good idea
    or do you advise against it
    or won't i

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Porkpie wrote: »

I would add when people would start to list several items and get to a point where they say "bla-de-bla, bla-de-bla and ... yeah!"

Learn when to say 'and finally' when you get to your last point, please, peeps and.... errr... yeah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Porkpie wrote: »

Or what, you fcuking moron?
    What's worse are the people who say 'ya/you know? repeatedly in a conversation, often at the end of each sentence:mad:

The cold /man flu has just gone up a notch, I feel like **** on a stick, freezing, just used about two trees worth of tissues to get rid of about half a kilo of mucus, I think I have already forked out enough money to the local chemist to put all his kids through college. the day is fuuuucking draaaaaaaaging! I need TLC and there is nobody at home, all legged it and left me at deaths door.......

The cold /man flu has just gone up a notch, I feel like **** on a stick, freezing, just used about two trees worth of tissues to get rid of about half a kilo of mucus, I think I have already forked out enough money to the local chemist to put all his kids through college. the day is fuuuucking draaaaaaaaging! I need TLC and there is nobody at home, all legged it and left me at deaths door.......

They're probably afraid they'll catch it from you :D

They're probably afraid they'll catch it from you :D

Just what I needed, loads of sympathy:pac:

• Advertisement

Just what I needed, loads of sympathy:pac:

Ah man up for God's sake there's worse things.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Shop assistants who ask "are you alright?"

Yes I am, thank you - are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who repeat themselves.
    A friend of mine will often say "Oh did I tell you about such and such?" and I'll say "Yeah, you told me last week" but she'll tell me again.
    I absolutely hate it.

People who tap you on the arm when they're telling you an enthralling story.
    "..and then she says," *tap on the arm*, etc.
    Also people who hold your arm back whilst you're walking and chatting, forcing you to stop because they want your full attention.

People who tell me about their dreams.
    "Wait til I tell you the maddest dream I had!..."
    I don't care. No matter how mad it was, it wasn't real and it is of no interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The face people make when walking in rain.

That's why the most wet countries have the ugliest people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Billy86 wrote: »
    I never said I did throw them on the ground. Likewise though, you see people throw wrappers and empty bottles on the ground a lot for the same reason (and for some reason people tend to get less up in arms over that stuff than cigarette butts). As much as people should do better, it's quite a large, understated failing of Dublin council.

Sorry, but it's not up to the council to provide bins every few metres, and more importantly, provide the staff to regularly empty the bins, and to provide the landfill space for gits who won't look after their own waste. Our whole waste policy is based around the 'polluter pays' principal. If you want to smoke, or drink from plastic bottles, or eat sweets, put your litter in your OWN bag till you get home.

As long as we make excuses for those who litter, littering will continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RainyDay wrote: »
    Sorry, but it's not up to the council to provide bins every few metres, and more importantly, provide the staff to regularly empty the bins, and to provide the landfill space for gits who won't look after their own waste. Our whole waste policy is based around the 'polluter pays' principal. If you want to smoke, or drink from plastic bottles, or eat sweets, put your litter in your OWN bag till you get home.

As long as we make excuses for those who litter, littering will continue.
    I'm not saying every few metres - I'm saying there should not big enough gaps to frequently walk 10-15 minutes in very busy areas without passing one, and that completely is the look out of Dublin City (or whichever relevant) council.

I'm not one for littering either, but these sometimes huge gaps hardly give a sense of apathy from the council itself, which is part of the problem. And a lot of people don't carry bags with them, typically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm fuming.

Im friends with a cousin of mine I don't know in real life, on Facebook. She is my first cousins daughter. I always knew she was a few sandwiches short of a picnic, and she was dating this other girl who was pretty mental too.

My dad last feb was diagnosed with terminal cancer, this girls granduncle. In August both her and her girlfriend were messaging me on Facebook telling me my cousin had been diagnosed with cancer, in her lungs liver and spleen. She had been started on chemo, and radiation, and was receiving treatment. At that time I confided in my cousin about my dad and how ill he was, how I understood what she was going through, and how I would pray that she would be okay.

After an argument last week I asked her not to contact me anymore, she blamed everything on her mental issues and took no responsibility for her own actions and everyone else was the problem not her.

This morning she contacted me trying to guilt me into talking to her. It didn't work so she threatened suicide. I still didn't reply so I was called heartless and "a **** and a half". I was worried so I rang my cousin, her mother. Couldn't get through so I rang my other cousin, her aunt, as I was worried she had overdosed.

Long story trimmed down a bit,

Her aunt text me tonight to tell me she was okay, and I happened to mention About when my cousin was on chemo. Her aunt was like, what?! She wasn't.

Just checked my email there and I had an email from her mother assuring me my cousin didn't have cancer, never had cancer and never had chemo.

I'm raging that today she abused me for being a bad person, for turning my back on family, calling me the height of names and 15 days after my dad died, she's unloading her problems (relationship ones) that she brings on herself, off on me. I'm disgusted that she and her girlfriend played on my emotions when she knew my dad was dying from the same illness. She faked having it.

I feel like ripping her head off her shoulders and paying someone to **** down her throat I'm so mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

That's not trivial, that's plain ****ty and disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

In argos looking through the book and the assistant asks me am i alright? I understand why they do it in maybe a clothes shop where they can help by getting your size or whatever but in argos?

Do they want us to tell them what we want so they can go through the book, fill out a slip and queue for us?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Whenever someone says 'me' instead of 'my'. You just sound like you've no class

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement