Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

LexieOnRale,
    I know this girl is family, but she is a crazy bitch. She is a 'blackhole' - just avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

In argos looking through the book and the assistant asks me am i alright? I understand why they do it in maybe a clothes shop where they can help by getting your size or whatever but in argos?

Do they want us to tell them what we want so they can go through the book, fill out a slip and queue for us?

Ever think that they're told to do that, and don't in fact actually care if you're alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In argos looking through the book and the assistant asks me am i alright? I understand why they do it in maybe a clothes shop where they can help by getting your size or whatever but in argos?

Do they want us to tell them what we want so they can go through the book, fill out a slip and queue for us?

I used to work in Argos.
    You'd think that picking your item and filling in the slip would be simple enough, that you'd be okay doing it, but you'd be surprised at the amount of people that weren't okay doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Whenever someone says 'me' instead of 'my'. You just sound like you've no class

I think it makes everything sound funnier :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I used to work in Argos.
    You'd think that picking your item and filling in the slip would be simple enough, that you'd be okay doing it, but you'd be surprised at the amount of people that weren't okay doing it.[/QUOTE

Another trivial annoyance of me is when, people quote a post but delete some of the [QU0TE] [/QU0TE] code and it ends up like the above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I used to work in Argos.
    You'd think that picking your item and filling in the slip would be simple enough, that you'd be okay doing it, but you'd be surprised at the amount of people that weren't okay doing it.

Another trivial annoyance of me is when, people quote a post but delete some of the [QU0TE] [/QU0TE] code and it ends up like the above.
    Sheesh ted! Was paranoid I did it there for a second. Then I checked and realised I'm a master at quoting so panic averted!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sheesh ted! Was paranoid I did it there for a second. Then I checked and realised I'm a master at quoting so panic averted!

So am I :D, was a deliberate mistake above, that was why I had to edit it, as I had done it right the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I used to be of the same opinion but after many years in Dublin I now love the way the dubs go on like " me MA said dis and me DA Said dat" , regional variations in language are the spice of life .

Ps that includes a strong Wexford accent .... Just about !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

RainyDay wrote: »
    Sorry, but it's not up to the council to provide bins every few metres, and more importantly, provide the staff to regularly empty the bins, and to provide the landfill space for gits who won't look after their own waste. Our whole waste policy is based around the 'polluter pays' principal. If you want to smoke, or drink from plastic bottles, or eat sweets, put your litter in your OWN bag till you get home.

As long as we make excuses for those who litter, littering will continue.

So it is just a trivial annoyance then?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

People who spend ten minutes answering a simple question without actually answering the question.

"Would you like something from the shop?"

-" Eehhhhh.......emmmm....aaahhhh.....I only had breakfast an hour ago, but then it was only small, one sausage roll, I stopped in that lovely new deli that opened, and I won't really have time for lunch.....eeemmmm.....but I'm going for dinner tonight sooooo......"

*twitch*
    "So you don't want anything then?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mustard_igloo

When the batteries in the remote are running out and people shake the remote at the television while trying to change the channel :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

When the batteries in the remote are running out and people shake the remote at the television while trying to change the channel :mad:

Pushing the buttons harder makes them closer to the batteries so the energy doesn't have to work as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People between the ages of 16 and 60 who hesitate when stepping onto an escalator. Have you seriously not mastered this skill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Took my last one euro coin out of my pocket for the shopping trolley while sitting in the drivers seat of the car , drop it and where does it always go , yes , down between the drivers seat and the central console/ gear stick thingy , impossible to get at unless you have a tiny kid with Oliver Twist tiny hands to get it out , happens every time , there's a small fortune down there !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

That wrecks me head that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    That wrecks me head that does.

Could be worse though, when we all start sayin fings loike on me 'ead guvnor or ere guvnor, does you want your chimneys cleaned. The day I start talking like Dick Van Dyke, I want to be taken in a straight jacket to a padded room and the key thrown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Could be worse though, when we all start sayin fings loike on me 'ead guvnor or ere guvnor, does you want your chimneys cleaned. The day I start talking like Dick Van Dyke, I want to be taken in a straight jacket to a padded room and the key thrown away.
    Eve had someone in a London/Essex accent ask you to say 'free' if you met them abroad because Irish people apparently pronounce 'free' funny, like with a 'c, h'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

shiver me trimbles. I'm a member of the boards underclass. Dang. Hmmm. I'll only lurk in The Gentlemen's club here on boards and keep my vulgar indignant orifice firmly shut.
    ly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

People between the ages of 16 and 60 who hesitate when stepping onto an escalator. Have you seriously not mastered this skill?

I do this THE WHOLE TIME :D.

In all fairness, nobody ever spoke like Dick Van Dyke (In Mary Poppins):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Is that why they have employees standing at the top of escalators in shopping centres now? In case someone buckles themselves. I remember when I was a kid and I got my shoelace stuck in between the steps on an escalator and couldn't get my foot out. That was scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Is that why they have employees standing at the top of escalators in shopping centres now? In case someone buckles themselves. I remember when I was a kid and I got my shoelace stuck in between the steps on an escalator and couldn't get my foot out. That was scary.
    My guess is it's more to do with the inconsiderate f***s who are forever standing at the top of escalators. As in they get to the top (having stood in the dead centre like a pack of eejits so as to block anyone who might be in a rush)... and just stand there, having a chat, sending a text, checking heir bags/pockets, or whatever. Because to some people, the world only exists in their field of vision and once they look away from something, it just turns to a pitch black nothingness.

It really does amaze me how people can get to the top of an elevator and just forget/ignore/whatever that there are numerous people right behind them. It's not that hard to take a single step or two to the left or right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Oops69 wrote: »
    I used to be of the same opinion but after many years in Dublin I now love the way the dubs go on like " me MA said dis and me DA Said dat" , regional variations in language are the spice of life .

Ps that includes a strong Wexford accent .... Just about !

Nah I just can't stick it. Must be years of seeing fair city in the background and just negatively associating the two. But I still think it sounds rough, just speak proper English.

Nah I just can't stick it. Must be years of seeing fair city in the background and just negatively associating the two. But I still think it sounds rough, just speak proper English.

Me arse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

krudler wrote: »
    Ever think that they're told to do that, and don't in fact actually care if you're alright?

Ever think I know that? Not just in Argos but in every place that does it. There is someone behind the scenes that thought it would be a great idea for staff to ask

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Me arse

^ point proven

^ point proven

So you are suggesting that a persons accent and/or diction is what gives or takes away "class"?:confused:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    So you are suggesting that a persons accent and/or diction is what gives or takes away "class"?:confused:
    No, it's just that it sounds rough, not that it means you actually are rough.

I've met people from both sides of the spectrum who spoke in the same way.

And tbh, how someone carries themselves in what they say and how they say it determines how they're viewed. The Newcastle accent is another terrible example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

It's to make a sale simply. We are instructed to "assist" customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Annoys me that there's a fine now for putting your feet on the seats on a train. Granted people should keep their feet off the seats, but I hate that it's now so nanny state that it requires a sign saying there's fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement