Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Annoys me that this thread will close at 10,000 posts, only 400 to go:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Annoys me that this thread will close at 10,000 posts, only 400 to go:(
    Roll on Trivial things that annoy you 2. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Khannie wrote: »
    Annoys me that there's a fine now for putting your feet on the seats on a train. Granted people should keep their feet off the seats, but I hate that it's now so nanny state that it requires a sign saying there's fine.

You're absolutely right Khannie, it should never have been necessary to introduce a fine to discourage people from soiling the seats for other passengers with their dirty footwear, but, y'know, if grown adults didn't act like children, there wouldn't be any need for a nanny!

Sitting on the couch, freezing cold.

Could wait for heating to heat up house, but I'll be this cold for at least an hour.
    Could get up and get a blanket, but then I'll lose my warm spot.
    Arrrgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You're absolutely right Khannie, it should never have been necessary to introduce a fine to discourage people from soiling the seats for other passengers with their dirty footwear, but, y'know, if grown adults didn't act like children, there wouldn't be any need for a nanny!

Ah I think that it's trivial enough that a fine (and the hours spent on associated meetings, bye law writing, sticker ordering and placement, etc. that must have surrounded its introduction) isn't warranted. Every time I see those stickers I just think "Jesus....how many hours went into that and how serious an issue is putting your feet on a seat?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

When i text somebody to ask does it suit them for me to ring them for a chat and they say anytime is fine and then when i ring they say it doesn't suit them and can they call me back? And when they call me back its obvious their phone is on speaker and they are ringing me and doing the wash up at the same time and i am competing with the clatter of pots and pans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SophiePuss

When people are eating chips and instead of pouring some out on a plate, they continuously keep putting their hand inside the bag creating that horrid crinkling sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SophiePuss

When i text somebody to ask does it suit them for me to ring them for a chat and they say anytime is fine and then when i ring they say it doesn't suit them and can they call me back? And when they call me back its obvious their phone is on speaker and they are ringing me and doing the wash up at the same time and i am competing with the clatter of pots and pans.

Thank you for reminding me... I have to switch out a load of laundry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

The ignorance of my next door neighbour.

I'm not sure why, but they seem to have some sort of problem being incapable of parking in their own driveway, and straight across ours.

Granted, no one in my family drives so we obvs don't use the driveway, but we do have regular visitors who actually want to park in our driveway, but can't until you knock in and ask to move their car.

Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The ignorance of my next door neighbour.

I'm not sure why, but they seem to have some sort of problem being incapable of parking in their own driveway, and straight across ours.

Granted, no one in my family drives so we obvs don't use the driveway, but we do have regular visitors who actually want to park in our driveway, but can't until you knock in and ask to move their car.

Grrrr.
    Smash a few bottles on your driveway when it's dark out some night. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Is that why they have employees standing at the top of escalators in shopping centres now? In case someone buckles themselves. I remember when I was a kid and I got my shoelace stuck in between the steps on an escalator and couldn't get my foot out. That was scary.

I think it's to help customers with heavy trolleys - sometimes they don't roll off so easily and get stuck at the little 'lip' at the top, causing a pile-up behind them on the escalator, which can be dangerous obviously. The staff member, usually a member of the cleaning team, grabs the front of the trolley and pulls while the customer pushes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I think it's to help customers with heavy trolleys - sometimes they don't roll off so easily and get stuck at the little 'lip' at the top, causing a pile-up behind them on the escalator, which can be dangerous obviously. The staff member, usually a member of the cleaning team, grabs the front of the trolley and pulls while the customer pushes :)

And what's the protocol if someone gets their shoelace stuck in the fecking thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    And what's the protocol if someone gets their shoelace stuck in the fecking thing?

I'd say they'd hit the big red 'STOP' button :)

Or else cut your leg off, whichever is quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,229 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Waiting for text from somebody and then the disappointment when an sms finally does come in and it's from O2 to tell me about my O2 balance or data limit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Waiting for text from somebody and then the disappointment when an sms finally does come in and it's from O2 to tell me about my O2 balance or data limit

Awh. I welled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

....or when O2 or some of those other ne'er do wells, who text you and tell you, you have run out of credit and need to top up. That's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot, why did you not text me last night when I had low credit and could have gotten some more on my way home from work:mad:

Needing to take a d**p and the toilet seat is cold. Tough decision, why are jacks not fitted with warm seats especially at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

White deodorant streaks.

People who slap 'Ted' on the end of something because they think it makes it sound funnier because of some weird association with Fr. Ted? It f'king doesn't!

Like when someone says something like "who would've thought that... Ted" and waits for laughter like a f'king pray. Or that feckless Lotto ad "looks like the new Nina bypass, Ted!" (I know it's meant to be her dogs name, but it's a cheap stupid attempt for a laugh).

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Billy86 wrote: »
    People who slap 'Ted' on the end of something because they think it makes it sound funnier because of some weird association with Fr. Ted? It f'king doesn't!

Like when someone says something like "who would've thought that... Ted" and waits for laughter like a f'king pray. Or that feckless Lotto ad "looks like the new Nina bypass, Ted!" (I know it's meant to be her dogs name, but it's a cheap stupid attempt for a laugh).

What ,, they are not tagging me in these comments after all !!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    What ,, they are not tagging me in these comments after all !!
    I'm sorry Ted, I'm sorry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 sirbob

People who take of really quickly at traffic lights or pull out in front of u like they in a big hurry then drive really slowly drive me made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Sales advertising 'up to 50 % off nearly everything' then you go in and there's only 10 % off the good stuff and 50 % off an xxxl leather jacket or something nobody wants !

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

..not as annoying as those fookers who toddle along at 20-25mph,and then accelerate at a junction on an amber light leaving you stuck behind a red light-never mind yer man's uncle..these are the tossers who should be fed to the dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Oops69 wrote: »
    Sales advertising 'up to 50 % off nearly everything' then you go in and there's only 10 % off the good stuff and 50 % off an xxxl leather jacket or something nobody wants !

That's good advertising. Got you in ;)

Oh and when the pull ring on easy open cans breaks off i die a little each time that happens :(

daithi1970 wrote: »
    ..not as annoying as those fookers who toddle along at 20-25mph,and then accelerate at a junction on an amber light leaving you stuck behind a red light-never mind yer man's uncle..these are the tossers who should be fed to the dogs!

Ah i hate those people to grrrrr ha i could rant all day about stupid things people do when driving that annoys ma ha

sirbob wrote: »
    People who take of really quickly at traffic lights or pull out in front of u like they in a big hurry then drive really slowly drive me made
    Got stuck behind one of these from Dundrum bridge nearly the whole way to Carysfort Ave in Blackrock yesterday - something always got in the way whenever a chance to overtake came about. They flew out at the bridge and literally never once got above 30mph after (I know because I couldn't take my eye off it - was cutting time very close for an interview), most of it they spent well under 25, randomly dropping to a near halt every now and then. Surely enough they were elderly... and that's why older people pay more for their insurance (something they moan about like you'd never believe).

Thankfully I got the job, but I got there literally at 2:59 for a 3pm interview, usually it takes 15 mins to get from Dundrum to Blackrock, yesterday it took over 40! Rage. So much rage! :mad: :p

Oh and people who park in loading bays in cars then complain when they get blocked in by a delivery van/truck (i've taken to doing my best when ever i can to bloke them in ha vengeance)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Bank "opening" hours. Don't open to 10am at the earliest, close around 4pm, no late opening and no weekends.
    And the bare minimum counter staff when they are open!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Billy86 wrote: »
    Eve had someone in a London/Essex accent ask you to say 'free' if you met them abroad because Irish people apparently pronounce 'free' funny, like with a 'c, h'?
    My husband is from Essex. Every now and again when he's had a few drinks he tries to get me to say R, he finds the way I pronounce it hillarious. Needless to say on those occasions booze is all he gets:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement