Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

My husband is from Essex. Every now and again when he's had a few drinks he tries to get me to say R, he finds the way I pronounce it hillarious. Needless to say on those occasions booze is all he gets:D
    That's another one though - they pronounce the feckin thing 'aw'! Like how they and Aussies call Melbourne 'Mewbin' but don't call those Matt Damon films 'The Bin Identity'. :p

Skip about 30 seconds in (and about 1:55 is the great summation of After Hours you'll ever see!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

People who refer to the overtaking lane, as the fast lane.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Building up a complex about my pronunciation of 'th'. Always thought I pronounced it properly until a colleague recently took the piss.

Now I purposely slow down when using a word starting with th. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Having to defrost the fridge once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

When my socks do a 180 and the heel section ends up on top of my foot.

It's not uncomfortable but once seen, has to be corrected. But no simple tug will undo this debacle, a whole-sock readjustment required every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When my socks do a 180 and the heel section ends up on top of my foot.

It's not uncomfortable but once seen, has to be corrected. But no simple tug will undo this debacle, a whole-sock readjustment required every time.

Oh how I wanted to click THANKS a million times for this!

When you're on a flight and you lose your hearing.
    Peter Kay summed it up perfectly, saying "everytime you yawn you get a bit of your hearing back".
    Wtf is that all about?

Feeling you're going to sneeze but you dont and you get that horrible stingy sensation in your nose.

Getting an itchy nose when you're chopping veg.
    Getting an itchy ar*e when you're hands are all soapy from the washing-up.

People phoning you when you're in the loo and you've been waiting all day for a call but you put your phone down for a SECOND to dash to the little girls' room and the blasted thing rings!

Oh yuck...opening a bag of King Cheese and Onion and finding that someone in the factory went loose with the onion/salt seasoning.
    I can actually FEEL the stuff on my fingers! Yuck.

Someone come and eat the other 11 bags, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh yuck...opening a bag of King Cheese and Onion and finding that someone in the factory went loose with the onion/salt seasoning.

Apt username! :D

One thing that annoys me is the way my mother hangs the toilet paper roll on the holder- with the paper hanging under. Drives me demented!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Getting an itchy ar*e when you're hands are all soapy from the washing-up.

Ahh, you're alright thanks :D

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »

One thing that annoys me is the way my mother hangs the toilet paper roll on the holder- with the paper hanging under. Drives me demented!:mad:

I was always of the persuasion that you should hang it over but then I realised that when you tug it, it just rips off one sheet.

Hanging it under means you can tug it and it won't rip.
    Your mother is RIGHT!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I was always of the persuasion that you should hang it over but then I realised that when you tug it, it just rips off one sheet.

Hanging it under means you can tug it and it won't rip.
    Your mother is RIGHT!

Never had that happen to me, except with big industrial public toilet rolls.

I hate when the two rolls aren't quite aligned and it rips off a centimetre or more apart on both parts of the two ply (yeah, I'm cheap, probably the reason for my issue!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

When people begin to use brackets in a sentence and the never put the second one in, I end up reading ahead too fast waiting for the end of the brackets that never comes. Example:

I went to the shop today (the same one i always go to and they didn't have what i wanted in stock so i went to another one.

Ahhhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

guppy wrote: »
    Never had that happen to me, except with big industrial public toilet rolls.

I hate when the two rolls aren't quite aligned and it rips off a centimetre or more apart on both parts of the two ply (yeah, I'm cheap, probably the reason for my issue!).

Your plies are misaligned. Simply separate and take 1 ply for a few sheets until they are realigned.

Your life is about to change for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Your plies are misaligned. Simply separate and take 1 ply for a few sheets until they are realigned.

Your life is about to change for the better.

I have tried that, it usually works, not this pack :-(. Thank you though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

When I'm reading and my brain is already reading the sentences below. I can't stop it and I get really frustrated. Especially when I'm reading jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

McChubbin wrote: »

I remember some very posh guy docked a point off someone else on Come Dine With Me for this. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Bulling for pints the first weekend of the year.

Eating all day and still being hungry.

Soccer soccer soccer non stop on every sports bullitin on tv and radio.

2 hours of my life that I'll never get back after watching Hangover 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Danny Dyer.

Danny Dyer.

:eek: Leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Danny Dyer.

I hear he's in "the vic" now.
    Awful, depressing show. All they do is shout at each other, they're all terrified of that bald beetroot. Nobody has a washing machine. Nobody has any money, yet they're in the vic morning noon and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

People cramming their purchases on the conveyer thingy in the supermarket as if it was the last train to nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

When I'm itchy but I can't locate the exact source of the itch and therefore can't scratch it.

It happens regularly and it's horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Aidric wrote: »
    White deodorant streaks.

It's worse when it goes to powder for no apparent reason and then gets all sticky and glues your underarm hair together.
    Infuriatingly annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    One thing that has started to bug me over the past few months is this fashion for guys to wear those oversized woolly beanie hats - you know the ones that look like feckin' smurf hats! Pulled down reeeeeal low over their eyebrows and ears and flopping over at the back of their heads - even during the recent hot weather, they were out with them!!

We did say trivial things, right??... ;)

I'm quoting my post from last June here...saw one of these offending hats on a guy today...yep, still annoys the tar out of me!!!

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's worse when it goes to powder for no apparent reason and then gets all sticky and glues your underarm hair together.
    Infuriatingly annoying!

Are you female? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Users (in the person sense, not web users).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Are you female? :eek:

****in seriously bad form if I was :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

24 hour protection against perspiration? Me hole it is.

• Advertisement

One for the ladies this............

When your blusher or powder compact crumbles into tiny pieces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement