Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Lira? Is that a currency? :L

Aye, Turkish Lira, a bit strange though to be using it as the default currency.

Trivial thing that annoys me today -

People that don't knock to alert you to the fact they've been standing there for the last five minutes watching you giving it welly while listening to Beyonce... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

^Yep. Bring them to the Dublin Bus HO on O'Connell street to get them reimbursed.

Trivial thing - When people say "my first cousin". What is the need for specifics there? Cousin would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

thecatspjs wrote: »
    I would like this actually! How was the bear steak?
    I was beginning to think nobody was going to ask.

The ostrich was nice, but the bear steak....well it was a bit grizzly:D

Where the feck is my coat.....

maximoose wrote: »
    ^Yep. Bring them to the Dublin Bus HO on O'Connell street to get them reimbursed.

Trivial thing - When people say "my first cousin". What is the need for specifics there? Cousin would suffice.

Well, if you were a hillbilly, it could mean the one you lost your virginity to...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

A change receipt is what you're owed from what you paid for the fare. Let's say you're fare is €1.85 and you pay €2 then you'd get a receipt of €0.15 instead of the actual change. You can get them reimbursed somewhere (can't remember where - it's been a while since I used Dublin Bus).

Ahhh I see, I thought it was just a reciept saying how much you paid.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I was beginning to think nobody was going to ask.

The ostrich was nice, but the bear steak....well it was a bit grizzly:D

Where the feck is my coat.....

Perfect opportunities to use a good one liner, that should go in the life's little victories thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

krudler wrote: »

Tbf, receipts that are given out for feck all are a pain in the hoop. Mitch Hedburg had a great bit about getting a receipt for a donut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I much prefer this, it annoys the sh1t out of me getting reciepts for things like a can of coke or something mundane. Clothes, dvds, electronics, anything thats a an actual purchase you might change or return, fine I need that, but I'm hardly gonna return a bar of dairy milk or a bottle of water now am I? I just horse them in the shop bin straight away its such a waste, the centra near me only gives you a reciept if you ask for it, much better.

I'm hardly going to "return" my bus journey :confused: You do realise that the receipt is actually something that you can later redeem for cash at Dublin Bus HQ?

You get one of those too, even if you are not due change. If an inspector gets on, he can demand to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Phone ringing.

People standing in my way when I want to make tea.

Overly helpful shop assistants.

The way that Lidl and Aldi never have a full compliment of cashiers.

The really strong piece of cheese close to the rind.

When bus drivers dont give you back your change receipt.

Being asked if I have any new years resolutions. Fuuck off, I'm perfect.

Sweaty joggers.

The way people mill around the reduced section in Tesco like it's the end of food as we know it.

Trying to find a shampoo and conditioner from an entire aisle of sh1te thats been tested on animals and will still make your hair dry at the end and greasy on top anyway.

Fat people sitting beside me/half on my place on public transport. Heave over your own side ya sweaty thing ya.

The little drop of liquid that spills down the side of a mug after you have taken a drink, no matter how tighly you held your lips to it.

The nauseating smell of nacho cheese in the cinema.
    Shampoos not tested on animals:)
    • Alba Botanicals
    • Aveda
    • Bath & Body Works
    • Burt’s Bees
    • California Baby (Grown-ups can use baby shampoo, too!)
    • Desert Essence
    • Dr. Bronner’s – Dr. Bronner’s is not a shampoo, but their castile soap is great for your hair! If you use shampoo now, though, there may be a break in period while your scalp adjusts to this less-harsh cleanser.
    • Earth Mama Angel Baby
    • Eucerin
    • Herbal Essences (There is some debate about this one. Check out the company’s FAQ on this.)
    • JASON
    • Kiss My Face
    • Nature’s Gate
    • Paul Mitchell
    • The Body Shop
    • Tom’s of Maine
    • Yes to Carrots

Source: http://feelgoodstyle.com/2013/10/21/animal-testing-shampoo-brands-that-dont-test-on-animals/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

People who still say "two thousand and fourteen " when any idiot would know we should have been saying "twenty fourteen " years ago . I mean how do you say 1914 ??? Hardly "one thousand nine hundred and fourteen " !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

• Alba Botanicals
    • Aveda
    • Bath & Body Works
    • Burt’s Bees
    • Desert Essence
    • Dr. Bronner’s – Dr. Bronner’s is not a shampoo, but their castile soap is great for your hair! If you use shampoo now, though, there may be a break in period while your scalp adjusts to this less-harsh cleanser.
    • Earth Mama Angel Baby
    • Eucerin
    • Herbal Essences (There is some debate about this one. Check out the company’s FAQ on this.)
    • JASON
    • Kiss My Face
    • Nature’s Gate
    • Paul Mitchell
    • The Body Shop
    • Tom’s of Maine
    • Yes to Carrots

Source: http://feelgoodstyle.com/2013/10/21/animal-testing-shampoo-brands-that-dont-test-on-animals/

Shampoos not tested on animals is also a thing that annoys me. When it says "No more tears" I want to know that out there somewhere a rabbit has gone blind to bring me that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I read recently that burts bees IS a brand that's been tested on animals

edit: ah they're a subsidiary of a company that do, but they themselves dont...

The body shop are owned by l'oreal who do...
    this is all very complicated

I'm hardly going to "return" my bus journey :confused: You do realise that the receipt is actually something that you can later redeem for cash at Dublin Bus HQ?

No, cos I don't live in Dublin and I don't ride the bus like a peasant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Shampoos not tested on animals is also a thing that annoys me. When it says "No more tears" I want to know that out there somewhere a rabbit has gone blind to bring me that information.
    No pun intended but you need to look for the bunny symbol on products, the ones that aren't tested on animals often have the bunny on the front. I often have to look in pharmacies for shampoos/conditioners

• Alba Botanicals
    • Aveda
    • Bath & Body Works
    • Burt’s Bees
    • Desert Essence
    • Earth Mama Angel Baby
    • Eucerin
    • JASON
    • Kiss My Face
    • Nature’s Gate
    • Paul Mitchell
    • The Body Shop
    • Tom’s of Maine
    • Yes to Carrots

Thanks! :)

No, cos I don't live in Dublin and I don't ride the bus like a peasant :pac:

Aw, well at least now you know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Bloody lecturers that seem to think the only module you have to study for is theirs! Bastards.

People who refer to their neighbourhood as a "residential area", surely anywhere people reside is such....unless you live in the local industrial estate, or am I missing something....

There was an aul one on the news a while ago who said that to a reporter, somebody had been shot, and she says "that sort of thing does not go around here, its very quiet, I mean this is a residential area"

Bloody lecturers that seem to think the only module you have to study for is theirs! Bastards.

Hate that. We have one who gives us extra reading lists that would take you a week to get through. Does he not realise that we are mostly working full time and have 6 other modules?

• Advertisement

People who refer to their neighbourhood as a "residential area", surely anywhere people reside is such....unless you live in the local industrial estate, or am I missing something....

There was an aul one on the news a while ago who said that to a reporter, somebody had been shot, and she says "that sort of thing does not go around here, its very quiet, I mean this is a residential area"

I also hate the "community is in shock" when someone dies. Like we dont care if someone dies in Dublin but them country folk, well they ALL know each other and they're ALL in shock when someone dies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

When somebody is murdered and the press interview the neighbours.

"I never spoke to him but he seemed like a lovely guy"
    "You wouldn't expect it to happen here"
    "I only moved in and don't know anyone in the estate"

The majority of the comments are pointless and should not be aired, they may aswell find a talking dog that lives miles away and ask them.

I also hate the "community is in shock" when someone dies. Like we dont care if someone dies in Dublin but them country folk, well they ALL know each other and they're ALL in shock when someone dies...

"The man, in his thirties and was known to the Gardaí, was shot, AT TEA TIME":D

"The man, in his thirties and was known to the Gardaí, was shot, AT TEA TIME":D

"The body was found some ten miles away from the head...Gardai are not treating the death as suspicious" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Add to that getting assignments on your Christmas holidays you've no idea how to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

"The body was found some ten miles away from the head...Gardai are not treating the death as suspicious" :confused:

It's been windy as fúck lately if you hadn't noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

24 hour protection against perspiration? Me hole it is.

That's nothing. The new Loreal men expert anti-perspirant claims to offer 96 hour non-stop protection. As if you wouldn't have a shower in that period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

• Alba Botanicals
    • Aveda
    • Bath & Body Works
    • Burt’s Bees
    • Desert Essence
    • Earth Mama Angel Baby
    • Eucerin
    • JASON
    • Kiss My Face
    • Nature’s Gate
    • Paul Mitchell
    • The Body Shop
    • Tom’s of Maine
    • Yes to Carrots

Some bad news for you about not testing on animals. At one stage basically all cosmetic ingredients have been tested on animals to prove that they're not dangerous to humans. Companies that don't test on animals use active ingredients that have been tested on animals at some stage in the past by another company. Reusing old test data does mean that no more animals are suffering now, at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When you go back to the gym after the xmas break and you find 8000* people have joined and you cant get a bloody swim. :(

*May be slightly less.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Mariasofia wrote: »
    When you go back to the gym after the xmas break and you find 8000* people have joined and you cant get a bloody swim. :(

*May be slightly less.....

Not to worry, this time next week they'll have all given up on their New Years fitness plans and you'll have the pool to yourself... mostly...

*snaps goggles* :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement