Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "The man, in his thirties and was known to the Gardaí, was shot, AT TEA TIME":D

Garda speak in general: "the alleged perpetrator was seen exiting the premises and proceeded in a westerly direction...." = the guy left the building and ran towards (wherever)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

hucklebuck wrote: »
    When somebody is murdered and the press interview the neighbours.

"I never spoke to him but he seemed like a lovely guy"
    "You wouldn't expect it to happen here"
    "I only moved in and don't know anyone in the estate"

The majority of the comments are pointless and should not be aired, they may aswell find a talking dog that lives miles away and ask them.

Funny how the bloke who was killed is never a right cranky oul b0llix, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When you're sitting enjoying watching tv and then it happens. Man's best friend, who's lying on the other side of the room and oblivious, lets off the biggest,smelliest pet fart! :(:(:( and it lingers :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

deise08 wrote: »
    When you're sitting enjoying watching tv and then it happens. Man's best friend, who's lying on the other side of the room and oblivious, lets off the biggest,smelliest pet fart! :(:(:( and it lingers :(:(
    They're rarer but trust me, cat farts are worse. Despite them being little clean freaks barely twice the size of your foot, they create an inexplicable toxic awfulness that even the smelliest of dogs could never compete with.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bobbygrant

iTunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

When a barman hands you your drink with their fingers wrapped around the top of the glass.

Same as friends putting out glasses with their fingers stuck inside them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

When a barman hands you your drink with their fingers wrapped around the top of the glass.

Same as friends putting out glasses with their fingers stuck inside them.
    It's almost as bad as when they cook dinner without wearing their surgical gloves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

out for a half hour walk and my left ankle is sore and slightly bigger than it should be when I get back. why does nothing in my body work properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate having a virus. That grotty feeling with itchy nose and sneezing. It's always worse at night too. The weather is horrible and cold and after next week I've got to get my arse in gear and lose some weight. It can't be next week, it's my birthday next week and I wants me some fish and chips before veggie atkins kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

DB83 wrote: »
    People who drop cigarette butts on the ground.... was at a bus stop the other morning & a guy casually drops his ciggie on the path, while standing within touching distance of a bin

As a smoker that drives me cracked as well. Ditto people who light up in someone's house without asking or people who stand in a group of non-smokers puffing away. Does it kill you to walk a few feet? This is part of why smoking has such an anti-social rep.

And on that note, being in your own house minding your own business, feeling the need to roll and smoke a fag and then concentrating on something else...and then a few minutes later not knowing if you've rolled and smoked a fag or not! It's such an unconscious process it's like trying to figure out if you've looked left or scratched your head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Being addicted to boards and going to sleep past midnight every night for the past week!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

RainyDay wrote: »
    Funny how the bloke who was killed is never a right cranky oul b0llix, isn't it?

In fact , if he's a quiet man who kept himself to himself, he's very likely to be murdered,or be a murderer, so pray for noisy, gregarious neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Everytime a football manager gets money to spend on players it's always referred to as a 'war-chest'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Lazy sports commentators coming out with clichéd crap;

Soccer; The lad can put a shift in/do a job in that position..
    GAA; Mayo were just the hungrier team on the day..
    Rugby; Hands..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

deise08 wrote: »

Mine than cast a glance at me as if to say "did you do that?" stands up, wags tail and moves to the far side of the room;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

loubian wrote: »
    Being addicted to boards and going to sleep past midnight every night for the past week!

Midnight is usually when I decide what to do with the rest of the evening :pac:

Mine than cast a glance at me as if to say "did you do that?" stands up, wags tail and moves to the far side of the room;)

My bitch is a fcuker for farting. She'll be stretched out on the floor and let one out. Then she'll look bad at her hole as if to say 'was that me' then look at me and then put her head back down. No shame.

As for smells, cat **** is one that I can't stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gramar wrote: »
    My bitch is a fcuker for farting. She'll be stretched out on the floor and let one out. Then she'll look bad at her hole as if to say 'was that me' then look at me and then put her head back down. No shame.

Cat piss as well is a stench unlike any other. Those little furballs are just pure poison factories. Hate the fückers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My bitch is a fcuker for farting. She'll be stretched out on the floor and let one out. Then she'll look bad at her hole as if to say 'was that me' then look at me and then put her head back down. No.

Classy bird

Classy bird

It's a dog, not a bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That 'community alert' signs are always in the middle of nowhere with no community in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's a dog, not a bird.

Oh sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So called lo call 1890 numbers. Are they called lo call because they are cheap? I phoned a gov dept recently and it cost almost 5 euro because i was left holding for so long before i got talking to somebody. I need to phone another dept today with a simple query and its a 1890 number so i an thinking it will be cheaper to drop them a letter in the post!

So called lo call 1890 numbers. Are they called lo call because they are cheap? I phoned a gov dept recently and it cost almost 5 euro because i was left holding for so long before i got talking to somebody. I need to phone another dept today with a simple query and its a 1890 number so i an thinking it will be cheaper to drop them a letter in the post!

You might find the number you need here http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/a-z-listing/

The missus had to call one a few weeks back and it was 9e for a twelve minute call the majority of which was waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

At least cats sh*t in a litter tray and cover it up. I despise having to clean up some absolute c*nt's dog's **** from outside my front door cos the owner is a scumbag who can't be arsed to do it themselves.

I hate c*nts who don't clean up after their f*cking dogs.

Cats > dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

You might find the number you need here http://www.saynoto1890.com/2013/02/a-z-listing/

The missus had to call one a few weeks back and it was 9e for a twelve minute call the majority of which was waiting.

that's great gramar. didn't realise that was out there. I have found the number i need. Thanks a mil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who use "big words" unnecessarily to make themsleves sound more important. Typically saying things like "I purchased" instead of "I bought" and "on inspection" instead of "when I checked" :mad: There are a few that people mis-use also but I can't remember them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who use "big words" unnecessarily to make themsleves sound more important. Typically saying things like "I purchased" instead of "I bought" and "on inspection" instead of "when I checked" :mad: There are a few that people mis-use also but I can't remember them now!

People who are intoxicated by the exuberance of their own verbosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

People who are intoxicated by the exuberance of their own verbosity?

Americans tend to do this. One phrase that always bugs me is "I proceeded to stop"...... I started stopping. What the f*ck does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Conversely instead of saying Professor of Science, people who say Science Boffin, or egg head etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement