Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    People who sit in the car with the engine on. Especially annoying when you are minding kids....
    This time of year, sometimes you have to clear the windows before you can move off. It's handier when you have all the necessary cloths, scrapers, etc. handy to do it by hand, but sometimes you just have to sit there for a couple of minutes while the air con clears the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭deblacker

People standing on escalators

I know that's what there for but Jaysus like

Just...walk up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

deblacker wrote: »

Just...walk up...

No way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Kids in supermarkets. I was queuing this morning and a kid of about 4, was behind me with her mother. The child kept bumping into my back, but what can you do she's a child. The mother wasn't paying attention and I just couldn't be bothered to make an issue of it at the time. It was only later that I realised the back of my coat had bits of the biscuity snack thing the child had been eating all over it.:mad:

They're always so sticky and grubby. Wtf is with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just...walk up...

And forego the chance to piss someone off (trivially), not a chance.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Just...walk up...
    but I'm one of the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:, I GRACE the escalator with my presence!

Gokei wrote: »
    No way!
    You've caught the lazy...

*Escalators intensify*

Gokei wrote: »
    No way!

*Escalators intensify*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Just...walk up...

If I could thank that post 10 times I would.

I laughed last week coming out of the shopping centre.
    There was an auld couple going down the middle of the escalator ramp thing with a trolley and not much room on either side so I had no choice but to wait. Two girls though walked past me though and the first one who was slim enough slid between the trolley and handrail no bother. However her more rotund friend got her arse wedged between them momentarily and had make a real effort to pull herself through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And forego the chance to piss someone off (trivially), not a chance.....
    gugleguy wrote: »
    but I'm one of the BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:, I GRACE the escalator with my presence!

*Escalators intensify*
    gramar wrote: »

Life is fast enough. Take 2 mins to stand there (to the right obv), let the technology do its thing, and catch up with your thoughts.

Think Russ Abbott in the aul Hamlet adds.

• Advertisement

I laughed last week coming out of the shopping centre.
    There was an auld couple going down the middle of the escalator ramp thing with a trolley and not much room on either side so I had no choice but to wait. Two girls though walked past me though and the first one who was slim enough slid between the trolley and handrail no bother. However her more rotund friend got her arse wedged between them momentarily and had make a real effort to pull herself through.
    I've witnessed many similar happenings on the dreaded shopping centre escalators

It's even worse when it happens the other way around, people with their trolleys ramming their way through the other people
    'Sorry, excuse me, my fault, beg your pardon!' .-.

Gokei, I reckon most of the posters wont have a clue who Russ Abbot is.........never mind "smoking ads"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Gokei, I reckon most of the posters wont have a clue who Russ Abbot is.........never mind "smoking ads"

Surely everybody loves a party with a little atmosphere? :D

No, but I let the technology do its thing and I Googled it :P

Hamlet, great ads. There was one with "Rab C Nesbit" in the photo booth....a real laugh out loud job, what is it you youngsters say ...is it totes amazeballs?

Runs for life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

:eek:

Oh no you di-int.... :pac:

what is it you youngsters say ...is it totes amazeballs?

:o

Only southsiders, I wouldn't shame myself with that kind of talk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Saw one last night and my jaw dropped. thought they were illegal. it was for king cigarettes. totally shocked. think was on Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Driving around a packed carpark looking for a space, then you see one and drive up real confident and turn into it and there's a motor bike parked in it. Just happened me earlier on today. If the bikers would only park the bikes towards the back of the space so that we car drivers could see them!

Just thought of another one

- JVC Infomercials...

• Advertisement

I'm on a roll here

- People who walk around town with Brown Thomas bags, even if they haven't been in Brown Thomas, just to make themselves look swanky

I'm on a roll here

- People who walk around town with Brown Thomas bags, even if they haven't been in Brown Thomas, just to make themselves look swanky

People who walk around with Guiney's bags...............and they aint even been to Guiney's:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People who walk around with Guiney's bags...............and they aint even been to Guiney's:P

People who walk around with bags..and they haven't been anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm on a roll here

And Harrods. When did they open in Ennis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

People who walk out in front of you and then who walk slowly or then brake test you by stopping suddenly to check their phone.

Hamlet, great ads. There was one with "Rab C Nesbit" in the photo booth....a real laugh out loud job, what is it you youngsters say ...is it totes amazeballs?

Runs for life

apparently according to some TD who intentionally said it wrong in the daíl to try and look cool it's 'totally amazyballs'

Aglomerado wrote: »
    And Harrods. When did they open in Ennis?

That's "Harolds"......I think its a wallpaper shop:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Driving around a packed carpark looking for a space, then you see one and drive up real confident and turn into it and there's a motor bike parked in it. Just happened me earlier on today. If the bikers would only park the bikes towards the back of the space so that we car drivers could see them!

Or when you're in a big car park with hundreds of free spaces and someone parks really close to you.

I was just thinking the very same this lunchtime. It gets me everytime...looks like a space...lovely..sound..just stop now and reverse he....fcuk it anyway...' one of those little mini cars parked all the way in so you don't see it.

• Advertisement

I was just thinking the very same this lunchtime. It gets me everytime...looks like a space...lovely..sound..just stop now and reverse he....fcuk it anyway...' one of those little mini cars parked all the way in so you don't see it.
    In the Ikea car park, every time...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement