Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I've just spent the last half hour searching for a fresh pack of smokes I mislaid somewhere. I can't prove it was him, but the young lad has form for this shìt where he goes and hides my smokes because he must have come out of the womb with a "NO SMOKING" sticker stuck to his fcuking forehead! :mad:

Have to go down again now and get another fcuking pack, hopefully they'll "turn up" by the time I get home :(

They'd fcuking better! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I've just spent the last half hour searching for a fresh pack of smokes I mislaid somewhere. I can't prove it was him, but the young lad has form for this shìt where he goes and hides my smokes because he must have come out of the womb with a "NO SMOKING" sticker stuck to his fcuking forehead! :mad:

Have to go down again now and get another fcuking pack, hopefully they'll "turn up" by the time I get home :(

Lay off the poor sod. :) Well, if you 'bought it' sooner than I'd like, I'd miss you slagging/derailing/snarking posters like me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They're bad for ya anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Ah that brings me back, used to that to my own dad when I was a kid. Then I just started robbing them for my own use instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There's no Sudocreme around is there? My mother reminded me at Christmas about the time, as a young child, just after my little brother was born, that she came downstairs to find her ciggys crushed up and mixed into Sudocreme and smeared everywhere, including all over my brother, personally I don't know how she didn't kill me for that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Phil Hogan TD. Apparently he will be running County Donegal next week if recent newspaper reports are to be believed. Your county WILL be next!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Trying to get past a junkie who was stood still spaced out on a narrow path in dublin city centre today , every time I went to pass one side he leaned towards me , was like shadow boxing for a minute ... The poor creature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Had a program running a search on a dedicated machine for a solid 2 hours..go back to it and it's frozen. WTF!? Reboot and started the search again as it needs doing, does it almost instantly. That's just adding insult to injury.

Someone who's never so much as studied secondary level science who seems to think they're better qualified than a doctor to tell people how to treat their bodies. Let's face it, we all have our preferred cures and special tricks that we think keep us healthy, but I'm talking about those people that feel it's their duty as a genius to inform everyone of what they should or shouldn't be taking, and whether or not to listen to their doctor.

"Oh that sounds like a cold, you should take a mix of 3 solpadeine, 4 shots of vodka and a thimble full of the kind of moss that grows on that wall outside, should fix you right up. Never mind that Uniflu you're taking, it's a placebo"

"Oh your doctor put you on bedrest because he says you have the flu? Never mind him, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow, if you had the flu, trust me, you'd feel far worse. I've had the flu before and you don't look have as bad as I felt. Eat at least twelve carrots a day, redrink your own urine, and take a shed load of paracetamol, you'll be grand"

"Oh your friend has just found out they have a really serious illness? Let me tell you all the horrible details I know about it. You'll be terrified for your friend and annoyed at me, but at least I'll get to look really smart because let's face it I know everything"

This person is also the same person who then gets a cold and goes on for weeks about how they have/had such a bad dose of the flu.

I know the term thankswhore gets thrown around a bit, but I've been re-reading threads I've posted in and realised I'm a TOTAL thanksslut. Handing them out to all and sundry so I am.

• Advertisement

I know the term thankswhore gets thrown around a bit, but I've been re-reading threads I've posted in and realised I'm a TOTAL thanksslut. Handing them out to all and sundry so I am.

I'm the same, but stupid shìt makes me laugh... gawd I'm so easy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/37229855.jpg

thecatspjs wrote: »

I've spent all fricking day on here rather than writing a paper, don't be telling me that ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've spent all fricking day on here rather than writing a paper, don't be telling me that ffs.

Snap! 8000 words (probably 7000 really :pac:) by next Wednesday. Current total: 0 :eek:

Not finding the motivation today until right now when I'm tired is slightly more than trivially annoying!

Snap! 8000 words (probably 7000 really :pac:) by next Wednesday. Current total: 0 :eek:

Not finding the motivation today until right now when I'm tired is slightly more than trivially annoying!

Got you beat, 13000 to have in on Monday, aaaaarrgh In fairness I have most of the reading and watching stuff done, I'm just having some kind of severe mental block about actually starting to type. Feckit, be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Got you beat, 13000 to have in on Monday, aaaaarrgh In fairness I have most of the reading and watching stuff done, I'm just having some kind of severe mental block about actually starting to type. Feckit, be grand.

I've told myself if I write any nonsense paragraph now I'll be flying it come the morning, it's always so hard to just get started. But yeah you win by almost doubling the stakes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    This a real bug bear of mine....

This phrase. :o

This phrase. :o

Oooh or "pet peeve"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Emails that make me go "Wha...?". Email from the Hilton hotels. apparently I can stay in any Hilton for only Ł59. What is Ł?

Seriously though what is Ł?

Litecoin? At €25 a pop that's €1,475 for your stay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Whoever wrote the lines for the gombeen on that knorr ad - let me show you how i serve this soup on this plate - inexplicably annoying to me..

• Advertisement

wahey 209 words written. I'm scheduled for a panic attack in about 6 hours, I think if I just chain myself to the desk for the next four days I can manage it though. Consider this very untrivial annoyance my goodbye until next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Committees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Burning toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Whoever decided that 9-5 are the hours we should work. When in reality it is 8am to 6.30pm at least when you have to factor in travelling to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Whoever decided that 9-5 are the hours we should work. When in reality it is 8am to 6.30pm at least when you have to factor in travelling to work.

and the five day week. wtf? We need a day to get our sh1t together and clean the house, and then have the weekend to re-charge.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    and the five day week. wtf? We need a day to get our sh1t together and clean the house, and then have the weekend to re-charge.:mad:

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

People who use the bread knife to butter their bread! aaagh

When the butter is so hard you tearyour bread asunder tryin to spread it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Get some staff FFS......

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Get some staff FFS......

You just can't get the staff these days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

WikiHow wrote: »
    Burning toast.

Other people f*cking with the setting on the toaster so it's either burnt or you have to give it a second go and it turns to cardboard :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement