Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

People who use the word literally as an intensifier rather than for it's intended use e.g "I literally died when I heard that happened" I will literally f*cking kill you if you use it like that again!

When you make food to eat while you watch tv and then there's only ads on and you can't start eating

When Americans try and tell you they're half Irish because their great mother's cousins knew a guy called Paddy or some other BS

When girls post a pic of themselves on Facebook having clearly gone through a lot of effort to look well and when one of their friends compliments them, they're all "Naw tanks bayubs but I look mingin in dis pic! x"
    Really? Well then why the fcuk did you post it then?! Christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

People who pronounce "asked" as "aksed" . Usually teens in project housing either in UK or USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

People that call Football,soccer

People that start sentences with SO....

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Jazzmaster

People who say the cats laugh instead of the cat laughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Wifey has this used tea bag "plate" in the shape of a kettle, sits on the counter wth 4 used teabags on it. All the time. Just chuck the f***ing teabags in the bin! Putting them on a cutesy plate does not make them a feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

People that ask stupid ash questions. A medical lady asked me if I wore glasses, I said only reading glasses. Then in a questioning voice she said: "so you were them to see with"?

She should be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

vicwatson wrote: »

thats a very common thing in Ireland, it helps distinguish fifa and gaa

??????

??????

It's annoying

It's annoying

I see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

To, too and two

There, their and they're

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The bit that gets me is when Americans insist that their football is really football. At least when people call Aussie Rules football, it's a sport that revolves a lot around a foot meeting a ball. The official name for the European football isn't even soccer, it's association football. Bugs the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Two situations
    1.Go into a shop and you buy something for maybe €5.15. You give them a €10. They ask you do you have the 15cent, and look pissed when you don't

2.Go into a shop and you buy something for maybe €5.15. You give them a €20 or €50. Do you have any thing smaller.

What part of retail do they not understand. Do I look like I carry around a cash register in my trousers. Do they not expect people to come into there shop and spend money in exchange for goods. Do not expect people to have the exact money you fool. The look at you like you have killed there first born that they have to give you some of their precious change.

Tbh, in my local shop, I'm usually the person fishing around in my wallet for that 15c - to the apparent annoyance of the shop staff. I use any opportunity to offload a few coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

??????

Gaa is gaa, football is football.

Denny M wrote: »
    The bit that gets me is when Americans insist that their football is really football. At least when people call Aussie Rules football, it's a sport that revolves a lot around a foot meeting a ball. The official name for the European football isn't even soccer, it's association football. Bugs the hell out of me.

if we were to live by officiial titles and original name, we would still answer the phone with ahoyhoy

times change, I suppose it depends on the most dominant football in each country if that nation are to callit soccer

Tbh, in my local shop, I'm usually the person fishing around in my wallet for that 15c - to the apparent annoyance of the shop staff. I use any opportunity to offload a few coppers.

I've no problem with someone paying me with lots of change, but dear lord the ones who stand in the queue for 5 mins, come up to the counter, wait for you to scan all their shopping, bag it, and then they say "Oh you don't mind if I get rid of some of this change do you?", only to then begin to take their wallet out of their pocket. Of course, I can hardly say "no, gimme that €50 I can see in your wallet". So then there's the banter to make the customer feel at ease, quick joke about 1c coins not being worth the metal they're made of, with elderly women there's the long winded explanation about how €2 coins are just SO ridiculously heavy. Then there's the fumbling around for change in the million and one sections of the wallet, followed by them then being a bit short [even though they've plenty of notes in the thing], and then you have to either let them off a euro or put yourself in a position where the customer will get very upset. I've been screamed at by a customer before for 'letting' them count all their change at the counter and then not letting them off €2 when they had a €50 in their purse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Women sharing every little thing that enters their little heads on facebook, like a pair of shoes, wedding fairs, pictures of their offspring and various other types of drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Women sharing every little thing that enters their little heads on facebook, like a pair of shoes, wedding fairs, pictures of their offspring and various other types of drivel.
    People do this in real life too. People who can't deal with silence. Colleagues of mine feeling the need to share every inane and facile thought that enters their head just to say something. Mental diarrhea sprayed all over me. If you have nothing interesting to say, please stfu.

if we were to live by officiial titles and original name, we would still answer the phone with ahoyhoy

times change, I suppose it depends on the most dominant football in each country if that nation are to callit soccer

AFC – Asian Football Confederation

CAF - Confederation of African Football

CONCACAF – Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football

CONMEBOL – Confederación Sudamericana de Fútbol

OFC – Oceania Football Confederation

UEFA – Union of European Football Associations

FIFA - Fédération Internationale de Football Association

Soccer?- It's what Americans call it !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's not an official title or name. That's a greeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

People finding safes in their garden sheds and not opening them quickly enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Cos men would never fill acres and acres of cyberspace with pointless stuff about football or computer games :rolleyes: bless their huge, inflated heads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

THe shop beside my work puts the receipt in your hand and then the change on top of it. Really annoys me. I just want to throw the receipt away but now its crumpled round my change. The change has a habit of sliding off it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

People who use the word 'weary' instead of the either 'wary' or 'leery'.

People who say 'excetera' instead of 'et cetera'.

Tangled phone cords. Drives me absolutely mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I hate when I'm eating fruit pastilles and someone asks for a certain colour. Like I'm not going to open them all just so you can enjoy on sweet. ffs.

yeah and alot of Ireland and Australia

Due to the fact they have a more popular football

I think it is a good universal name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭santana75

old hippy wrote: »
    Cos men would never fill acres and acres of cyberspace with pointless stuff about football or computer games :rolleyes: bless their huge, inflated heads

Ah now lets call a spade a spade here, women are the biggest culprits of posting the most mundane, irrelevant nonsense on facebook and twitter. One girl I know was posting the other day about her hair appointment being mixed up like it was a crisis to match the ongoing troubles in Syria for sure.
    Men do talk about football but sport is an allegory for life so really when we talk about football we're discussing existentialism. Which is deep ****.

Just remembered another trivial annoying thing........buses pulling out in front of you just as you make a move to get by. Its as if the bus driver sees your approach in his rearview mirror then gets over the dublin bus radio: Yeah I see him, got him blocked off on long mile road here.
    They have to be doing it on purpose.

santana75 wrote: »
    Ah now lets call a spade a spade here, women are the biggest culprits of posting the most mundane, irrelevant nonsense on facebook and twitter.

Haha, if people only posted important things on facebook and twitter the sites would cease to exist.

Speaking of facebook, I get very annoyed by not being able to do stupid things on a night out, lest I find them immortalised on instagram the next morning. If people spent more time enjoying themselves, and less time trying to set up photos to convince Facebook they're enjoying themselves, I'd be having much better nights out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The amount of people who think that if you "like" or "comment" on a Facebook picture and wait 6 seconds the picture will somehow change.

Also the "I bet you won't like this Facebook spiel about cancer / depression / burned child" as if liking or commenting does anything other than massage the ego of the dumbass who posted it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Just refer to it as Armoured W*nkball next time an american talks about 'football'...really riles them up.

mine:
    people asking you for change for food while theyve a fag hanging out of their mouth.
    fat people on motorized scooters with the same mentality as the 'get out of my way' people with the babies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement