Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Speaking of toast. Why do toasters never toast both sides of the bread evenly at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Sepaking of toast. I do not have one of those Darth Vader toasters. This annoys me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sepaking of toast. I do not have one of those Darth Vader toasters. This annoys me :D

A what?? Sir, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think it's time Sir Guapo came up with a new trivial rant for the start of thread 2.
    Or at least an update on the spoon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

It is Queue.
    Not Que.

Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.

Get it right please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It is Queue.
    Not Que.

Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.

Que? *Insert picture of Manuel* :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    A what?? Sir, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter! :D

There's a toaster that you can get that er.. toasts Darth Vaders face more than the surrounding area. I neeeeeed one.

http://www.geekalerts.com/darth-vader-toaster/

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Inconsiderate people who fully recline their seats on airplanes when the person behind has got hot coffee on their tray.

Also the spell checker on boards telling me I spelled airplanes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Que? *Insert picture of Manuel* :D

Or a snooker "que":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's a toaster that you can get that er.. toasts Darth Vaders face more than the surrounding area. I neeeeeed one.

http://www.geekalerts.com/darth-vader-toaster/

I have waited a long time. The only way this could be cooler is if it had little Darth Vaders within it doing the actual toasting with tiny red lightsabers! :cool:

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    I have waited a long time. The only way this could be cooler is if it had little Darth Vaders within it doing the actual toasting with tiny red lightsabers! :cool:

It might just have :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Or a snooker "que":confused:

Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.
    Cue.

It might just have :pac:

Luke, yer toast is now ready:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

It is Queue.
    Not Que.

Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.
    Queue.

Don't loose (lose) your mind over it :). That's another gripe of mine, people using loose and lose incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Inconsiderate people who fully recline their seats on airplanes when the person behind has got hot coffee on their tray.

Inconsiderate people who object after I have legitimately reclined my seat just as it was designed to do.

Flyer28 wrote: »
    Inconsiderate people who object after I have legitimately reclined my seat just as it was designed to do.

I got stuck on a flight to New York with a baby chair strapped to the back of my seat and I couldn't recline at all. How the f*ck is that fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

I agree that seats are designed to be reclined, but when food and drink are being served, I think the person reclining could at least check that the person behind them isn't eating or drinking at the time, this is what I mean by inconsiderate.

IMO, just because it is designed to recline, does not mean you MUST recline it, on most flights the seating is just too tight for it to be viable, especially if you are on a short flight. same as not putting tomatoes in a fruit salad, just because it is fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Be it on a bus or luas, when the person on the inside seat waits until their stop to stand up and hurry you out of the way so you must snatch and grab your belongings to get out of their way fast. The trivial annoyance is compounded if there are fellow alighting passengers coming down the aisle and you have nowhere to go to get out of the way of your increasingly panicked inside passenger :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Don't loose (lose) your mind over it :). That's another gripe of mine, people using loose and lose incorrectly.

If only people read more bukes, they wouldn't make these kinds of mistakes :p

Actually people who claim dyslexia as an excuse for their shít spelling!

Shít spelling is just one aspect of dyslexia, and it can be overcome using different techniques and tricks so it's not as obvious, but the comprehension and expression aspects of dyslexia are much harder to overcome and wouldn't easily be spotted by someone who wasn't trained to look for these things.

That's why, much as I hate spelling and grammar pedants, sometimes it's funny when someone points out a Freudian slip or a misunderstanding in my posts, not so much when it's just an attempt by somebody to show off their "intellectual prowess". Really that's not that clever at all, it's as bad as just pure laziness and carelessness in spelling and not giving a shít.

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    IMO, just because it is designed to recline, does not mean you MUST recline it, on most flights the seating is just too tight for it to be viable, especially if you are on a short flight. same as not putting tomatoes in a fruit salad, just because it is fruit.

No, of course it doesn't mean that you must recline it but you can it you want to or if it suits you to do so at the time.....and you certainly shouldn't feel you have to apologise to anyone for doing so.

If you think that the seating is too tight, take it up with the airline and not the unfortunate in front of you who wants to take a quick nap or who needs a bit more space to work or eat because the person in front of him has also reclined their seat.

Consideration goes both ways....

No, of course it doesn't mean that you must recline it but you can it you want to or if it suits you to do so at the time.....and you certainly shouldn't feel you have to apologise to anyone for doing so.

If you think that the seating is too tight, take it up with the airline and not the unfortunate in front of you who wants to take a quick nap or who needs a bit more space to work or eat because the person in front of him has also reclined their seat.

Consideration goes both ways....

I did. and as far as I know, you are required to have your seat in an upright position when eating.....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bobbygrant

Why are the sleeves in almost everything I buy that bit too long, shirts, jackets etc. I didn't realise my arms were particularly short, in fact I don't think are.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jbdub

People thinking they can stop their car ANYWHERE as long as they've thrown the hazards on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Stupid things I do when I'm tired. I went to the town centre earlier to put up some home wanted posters for a kitten we're fostering. Haven't had much sleep this week as my husband was on nightshift and I don't sleep well when he's not here, anyway I brought a few thumb tacks for putting the posters up, somehow I managed to bring half the thumb tacks I needed. It seemed right in my head at the time.

Gonna be one of those days, I could sleep right now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well I apologise for being 6ft2 and being wedged into an unnatural space for a lengthy duration.

I can also legitimately press my knees against a chair that tries to recline on me, like I did last year :D When she turned around to see why she wasn't moving I just smiled and then pretended not to notice her "predicament". I enjoy having a blood flow in my legs as strange as it is :pac:

It's something that is much more than the trivial annoyance it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Messy butter, I've just been in a relatives house, holes dug into it, peas, ketchup, crumbs, mayo, brown sauce and a few things I couldn't identify in it, yuk, and the manky paper cover thing still on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Threads having to be closed at 10,000 :mad:

Threads having to be closed at 10,000 :mad:

Why is this ?

I feel guilty now for trivially wasting space.....

• Advertisement

Well I apologise for being 6ft2 and being wedged into an unnatural space for a lengthy duration.

I can also legitimately press my knees against a chair that tries to recline on me, like I did last year :DWhen she turned around to see why she wasn't moving I just smiled and then pretended not to notice her "predicament". enjoy having a blood flow in my legs as strange as it is :pac:

It's something that is much more than the trivial annoyance it should be!

I suppose you can if you can't think of any response other than passive-agressive behaviour.

Travelling in economy class isn't much fun for anyone now a days but being tall doesn't entitle you to extra space on the aircraft. Though if you feel a bit cramped, you could always try and recline your seat........;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement