Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Work ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Drkitkat

getting on the no 16 bus, it's packed so go upstairs to find all the 'empty' seats occupied by suitcases. Does my fuccking head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

yeah and alot of Ireland and Australia

Due to the fact they have a more popular football

I think it is a good universal name

The official name of the game is Football.

You can't go changing the name of the game as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Drkitkat wrote: »
    getting on the no 16 bus, it's packed so go upstairs to find all the 'empty' seats occupied by suitcases. Does my fuccking head in.

They should really put more luggage space on those busses!

I've been that person with the suitcase though :o and it's horrible, because you know you're blocking a seat and people are standing, but you have nowhere else to put the bloody thing! It wasn't here, it was in France - on a train from the airport to the city centre. You'd think that when they built a trainline to the airport, they'd have got trains with luggage-racks and space... but nope, it was a standard commuter train. Such an awkward journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

People who comment on Youtube videos asking why the view counter is stuck at a low number. Or asking how its possible to have more comments than views.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

When the machine at the Dart station has a f*cking seizure when you put your ticket into it ... It would be fine if it would just reject it and spit it back out, but no, instead it sucks it in and out several dozen times, and you're left standing there like an idiot trying to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

vicwatson wrote: »

its a generic term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People trying to get onto the bus before people have got off

Oh and people who bottle neck the top of the bus when there are plenty of seats at the back. Same goes for those who let their kids sit/stand on the stairs so that you cannot avail of seats on the top deck.

In fact, I think I could write a book about bus etiquette :/

I've no problem with someone paying me with lots of change, but dear lord the ones who stand in the queue for 5 mins, come up to the counter, wait for you to scan all their shopping, bag it, and then they say "Oh you don't mind if I get rid of some of this change do you?", only to then begin to take their wallet out of their pocket. Of course, I can hardly say "no, gimme that €50 I can see in your wallet". So then there's the banter to make the customer feel at ease, quick joke about 1c coins not being worth the metal they're made of, with elderly women there's the long winded explanation about how €2 coins are just SO ridiculously heavy. Then there's the fumbling around for change in the million and one sections of the wallet, followed by them then being a bit short [even though they've plenty of notes in the thing], and then you have to either let them off a euro or put yourself in a position where the customer will get very upset. I've been screamed at by a customer before for 'letting' them count all their change at the counter and then not letting them off €2 when they had a €50 in their purse.

uuuh, I think i'd kill someone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

People in shops who don't get their money ready. People in shops who forget to do the lotto when they got their change and you have to wait 5 more minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

vicwatson wrote: »

They use neither their feet, nor a ball. The game is more rightly called Handegg.

kylith wrote: »
    They use neither their feet, nor a ball. The game is more rightly called Handegg.

whats the first action in the game?, and every time it is restarted

there is no patent on the word football

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There would be if Apple had been involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh and people who bottle neck the top of the bus when there are plenty of seats at the back. Same goes for those who let their kids sit/stand on the stairs so that you cannot avail of seats on the top deck.

In fact, I think I could write a book about bus etiquette :/
    They do it on the Luas too. I had to cram in the other day and once I was inside I realised that the only reason it seemed so packed was because no-one would move down away from the doors and hold on to the handstraps between the seats. You could easily have fitted half a dozen people in there.

Quite often soccer players will throw in the ball. They don't call it Handball though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Isn't the word soccer of English origin? A sorta contraction of association as in association football to distinguish it from rugby football? Which would make it perfectly acceptable to refer to it as soccer?

Fire drills - why do I need to prove I can walk outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

People who walk slow and clog the whole part. I'm convinced that on predestrianised streets (Grafton St & Henry St for example) they should have a strollers lane and a lane for people who actual are walking at a decent pace.

People who load the dish washer arse ways. One of the guys I live with literally just throws stuff in, a small bit of care and you can fit twice as much in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

1. Fooking students.
    2. Especially students who moan about everything while mammy and daddy pay for it.
    3. Pseudo internet experts blowing it out their arse.
    4. The other half's concept of tidying, is really HIDYING. can never find stuff where i left it.
    5. and students

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

people that plaster stuff on the internet like 'i found a safe' and have everyone waiting to see what they find but they sit down to watch love/hate instead of trying to open it in their free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

triskell wrote: »
    1. Fooking students.
    2. Especially students who moan about everything while mammy and daddy pay for it.
    3. Pseudo internet experts blowing it out their arse.
    4. The other half's concept of tidying, is really HIDYING. can never find stuff where i left it.
    5. and students

And students who seem incapable of using the f*&king footpath and spill out on to the road, someone will be hit by a car :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Gillo wrote: »
    People who walk slow and clog the whole part. I'm convinced that on predestrianised streets (Grafton St & Henry St for example) they should have a strollers lane and a lane for people who actual are walking at a decent pace.

People who load the dish washer arse ways. One of the guys I live with literally just throws stuff in, a small bit of care and you can fit twice as much in.

agree with the walking thing. Ive often nearly taking someone out of it on Grafton Street because they just stop suddenly in front of me. I find the best way to get through grafton street is in a zig zag movement. Walking at the angle allows you to get around people easier and see whos coming and if they stop in front your not going directly into them.
    Maybe im overthinking it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The Evangelical youth who hang out singing their awful songs outside the tube station on a Friday night.

They were telling Joe Public that the world is only 6 thousand years old, the other week :rolleyes:

People who comment on Youtube videos asking why the view counter is stuck at a low number. Or asking how its possible to have more comments than views.

People who fight on youtube. I'm like, I came here to listen to videos/watch comedy - if i want to see people bickering I'll go to boards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

old hippy wrote: »
    Cos men would never fill acres and acres of cyberspace with pointless stuff about football or computer games :rolleyes: bless their huge, inflated heads

That bugs me to a lesser extent:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

People in front of me in the queue buying scratchcards. What a con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

chakotha wrote: »
    That! Ugh!! But also: people doing a whole weekly shopping in spar/centra when you're behind them trying to buy something quick before going to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

chakotha wrote: »

People who buy scratchcards, then stand at the till (in the bloody way) scratching them, if they win another card or a few euro, get more cards.......:mad: move out of the f**king way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭Guffy

Betting on and watching golf... try and follow the person you've bet on. I dare you

kylith wrote: »
    They do it on the Luas too. I had to cram in the other day and once I was inside I realised that the only reason it seemed so packed was because no-one would move down away from the doors and hold on to the handstraps between the seats. You could easily have fitted half a dozen people in there.

Quite often soccer players will throw in the ball. They don't call it Handball though.

how do you feel about gaa/aussie rules players calling football soccer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

how do you feel about gaa/aussie rules players calling football soccer

They're a bunch of bog warriors/ex-cons who should learn the correct term for football. :pac:

GAA football is possibly the least skillful field sport on earth. Hurling is a great game, but GAA football is like a mix of real football and rugby, with all the skill and aggression of them both taken out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement