Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

how do you feel about gaa/aussie rules players calling football soccer

I don't believe I've ever watched a match, but at least they use an actual ball-shaped ball, and I seem to remember that there's a lot more kicking than in the American version.

Lets face it, American Football is a variation on Rugby, and should be called such: American Rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

kylith wrote: »
    I don't believe I've ever watched a match, but at least they use an actual ball-shaped ball, and I seem to remember that there's a lot more kicking than in the American version.

Lets face it, American Football is a variation on Rugby, and should be called such: American Rugby.

But rugby is actually called "rugby football", hence the presence of the "Rugby Football Union" and the "Rugby Football League" , or rugby union and rugby league as they are more often called.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

summerskin wrote: »
    But rugby is actually called "rugby football", hence the presence of the "Rugby Football Union" and the "Rugby Football League" , or rugby union and rugby league as they are more often called.

this is true

Soccer is just a generic term for all the fifi regestered federations

And a term to distinguish fifa from all other codes of football

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

chakotha wrote: »
    People in front of me in the queue buying scratchcards. What a con.

I won a few hundred on the scratchards, in succession. The first losing card I got, I stopped buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭silenceisfoo

When people go on about living "in the real world" or refer to others living in "Neverland".
    When people say "Absolutely" instead of just saying, "yes I agree". Those people are generally the people who act like nodding dogs when you are explaining something as well. They tilt their head slightly and just nod saying "Yeah. Yeah. Of course. Absolutely."
    Irish people referring to "the press" instead of cupboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I don't know why but the saying "jog on" really irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

That ****ty sheet of paper on the back of the mince!! The only way to get it off in one piece is to turn the whole thing over and carefully peel it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

When you are paying for your stuff at the till in a supermarket and the person behind you has already loaded their stuff onto the belt and squeezes out past you with their trolley and stands behind you while you are paying with laser or visa and trying to hide your pin number and feeling rushed! Drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

when someone uses the sink as a waste disposal system. yeah, pile in the leftover spuds or pasta, and squeeze em down the plughole, cos outta sights outta mind eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cienciano wrote: »
    I was flying ryanair from Krakow to Dublin and the queue had already formed when we were told the flight was delayed 2 HOURS cos the plane had to make an emergency stop. Everyone sat down except for about 10-15 people at the front of the queue who obviously thought that standing for an extra 2 hours was worth it to get a seat at the front of the plane. Presumably so they could get off before anyone else :confused:? Totally worth it :rolleyes:

Anyway, plane finally arrives, we join the queue, staff open the doors and let us through as they check out boarding pass. We go down the stairs, out the doors to where the plane should and there's a bus waiting for us to take us to the plane! :D
    Going through this in Krakow right now, pain in the fcuking hole. Also not helped by fact that there is a bunch of half cut Cork norries in front of me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

When someone posts something trivial that annoys them, in a thread about trivial things that annoy you, and what results are 2 pages of other posters telling them why they shouldn't be annoyed by it. This annoys me. Not looking at anyone in particular <--lies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Old wans who feel and touch and crush the baguettes in the supermarket.

I don't want to buy bread that's been through the hands of half the town

Tbh if you're crushing the baguettes the staff should make you pay for the stock
    Aglomerado wrote: »
    Going through this in Krakow right now, pain in the fcuking hole. Also not helped by fact that there is a bunch of half cut Cork norries in front of me!

Great city for a few beers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cienciano wrote: »

Great city for a few beers though!
    It's brilliant. I can't wait to come back. I'm going to have one now, delayed by two hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Dirty and/or wonky roadsigns.

Wonky license plates on cars. New cars especially. You pay €€€'s for a new car and some clown can't be bothered to put your plate on level.

I should clarify my earlier annoyance on L plates. I didn't just mean put on backwards, it includes sideways, wonky and anyway but the right way. I doesn't matter if it should go on the inside or outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

People who do not understand how to use the word anniversary. The amount of times I see people say/write happy 1 year anniversary or happy 2 year anniversary is unreal. The year is redundant, it's happy first anniversary ffs!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Divs who think they are experts on the flavour of the month topic.
    female boxing, horse meat, match fixing etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I fricking hate supplements stapled into magazines, the Rte guide being a prime offender. I don't give a monkeys about bloody weight watchers/operation transformation or whatever bullocks they put in. Its a pain in the arse to have to take the supplement out and it leaves the staples poking out.

If they must insist on putting junk advertising in magazines, just fricking leave it loose so that I can easily dispose of it in the recycling bin without having to cut myself in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lardzeppelin

Celebrity......

Gonks who are 'famous for being famous', twats with no descernable talent.....
    Anyone and anything connected to 'Big Brother', I'm a Celebrity, 'X Factor' et al.....
    Boy Bands, Girl Bands, doesn't the term 'Band' sort of confer a sense of communial struggle up the ladder of professional acclaim, and not just some oiks pulled in off the street cos they look pretty together?....
    In fact anyone in the public arena who hasn't paid their dues through the prescribed channels....
    And finally, blokes who have Back Sack and Crack waxing......Pussies, the lot of them....Probably the same overweaningly narsicisistic fcukwits that get drunk on a Saturday night and piss in shopfront doorways cos they cant hit the urinals square on....Ok so, its good to get that off my chest, but im only getting started....
    Should start my own grumpy bollox thread....

LZ.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

People who sign their posts on forums. Your Username is right next to your post, signing it makes you look like a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lardzeppelin

People who sign their posts on forums. Your Username is right next to your post, signing it makes you look like a tool.

Thank you so much for putting me right, its one of those throwbacks from the olden days of writing letters to people.....Sure, I have only just got out the habit of putting my name, address and phone number on posts....

LZ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

El Guapo! wrote: »
    As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?

There's plenty for me, but lately its a spoon.

In the top drawer in the kitchen we have all the cutlery in one of those tray things that everyone has. Everything's in its own little section. But there's one bastard spoon doing my head in.
    I have no idea where it came from or why it's even there.
    The problem is, it's too big to be a small spoon.....but too small to be a big spoon. I never know what section to put it in, and every time I open the drawer.........there it is. Mocking me.

I fúcking hate that spoon.

Nothing matches in my cutlery drawer. All a mix of plastic and steel handled cutlery of all shapes and sizes.

1. Slow drivers
    2. Drivers who indicate late, misleadingly or not at all on junctions and roundabouts
    3. Thick deli workers who automatically butter the roll
    4. Thick Deli workers who accidentally contaminate other ingredients with bits of onion and you then bite into the roll and get a nasty surprise of onion. Next time it happens I will go back up.
    5. Thick deli workers, who, after being explicitly instructed NOT to butter or mayo my roll, then cut it with a mayo and or butter-contaminated knife.
    6. People who takes AGES to get off the bus hence delaying people getting on and delaying me getting off to catch my connecting bus on D'Olier Street which often pulls off as I am piling off the bus.
    7. People who are not on the mark and take 5 seconds to move off at a green light and people who take ages to speed up behind them, hence only letting 5 people through the green light when 25 people could have gotten through.
    8. People who overuse the motto speed kills
    9. People who think that speeding is the same as breaking the speed limit
      SPEEDING EQUAL BREAKING THE SPEED LIMIT
      Breaking the speed limit = Driving faster than the posted limit (which, let's face it) are often erroneously and ludicrously assigned.
      Speeding = driving faster than road conditions allow.
    10. Stingy People
    11. People who are atrociously late
    12. People who think arriving 5 minutes late is arriving on time. NO Arriving 5 minutes early = arriving on time
    13. People who use the term fashionably late
    14. People who misuse the word literally. If I was a judge and someone used the word "literally" out of context in my courtroom, I would cite them for perjury and contempt of court
    15. Girls who wear loads of makeup
    16. Girls and boys who wear loads of jewelry
    17. Ugg boots
    18. Fake American accents from Irish people
    19. Apple products and the lack of drag drop interface from Apple
    20. People who think Apple and iProducts are the bees knees and that Apple made the first MP3 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

1. Slow drivers
    2. Drivers who indicate late, misleadingly or not at all on junctions and roundabouts
    3. Thick deli workers who automatically butter the roll
    4. Thick Deli workers who accidentally contaminate other ingredients with bits of onion and you then bite into the roll and get a nasty surprise of onion. Next time it happens I will go back up.
    5. Thick deli workers, who, after being explicitly instructed NOT to butter or mayo my roll, then cut it with a mayo and or butter-contaminated knife.
    6. People who takes AGES to get off the bus hence delaying people getting on and delaying me getting off to catch my connecting bus on D'Olier Street which often pulls off as I am piling off the bus.
    7. People who are not on the mark and take 5 seconds to move off at a green light and people who take ages to speed up behind them, hence only letting 5 people through the green light when 25 people could have gotten through.
    8. People who overuse the motto speed kills
    9. People who think that speeding is the same as breaking the speed limit
      SPEEDING EQUAL BREAKING THE SPEED LIMIT
      Breaking the speed limit = Driving faster than the posted limit (which, let's face it) are often erroneously and ludicrously assigned.
      Speeding = driving faster than road conditions allow.
    10. Stingy People
    11. People who are atrociously late
    12. People who think arriving 5 minutes late is arriving on time. NO Arriving 5 minutes early = arriving on time
    13. People who use the term fashionably late
    14. People who misuse the word literally. If I was a judge and someone used the word "literally" out of context in my courtroom, I would cite them for perjury and contempt of court
    15. Girls who wear loads of makeup
    16. Girls and boys who wear loads of jewelry
    17. Ugg boots
    18. Fake American accents from Irish people
    19. Apple products and the lack of drag drop interface from Apple
    20. People who think Apple and iProducts are the bees knees and that Apple made the first MP3 players.

Feel better? :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Feel better? :D

Reaches for blood pressure medication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Ads on the Tv that are dubbed. Can't stand it and it seems to be getting more common in the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Victory Outreach

Yiz are a plague outside my local Tesco, far more aggressive then the chuggers in town.

Local hospice, local hospital wing, send a local child to Florida for treatment are all noble causes.
    Helping the local druggies, sorry but way down my list

Is the money even going to help them?

As their massive centre in Firhouse Dublin cost a few quid to build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

People who actually think that the new hand soap dispenser thingy that you dont have to touch is really brilliant!!!! FFS you are going to wash your hands after soaping up anyway.......................................

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

1. People who takes AGES to get off the bus hence delaying people getting on and delaying me getting off"

People kneeing me in the back while I queue patiently and politely on the stairs to disembark the bus...

Tend to agree with a few of your other ones.. especially the unexpected onion one,yuck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Grab a taxi.

Usually with the Hailo app so the driver accepts my job or often just by flagging.

Drive down the road......into the petrol station.
    Don't worry, I'll knock off the meter he says as if he's doing me a great favour. :rolleyes:

Why did you accept a job if you've no fuel, I order a taxi to get somewhere quick and I'm not talking big distances. Maybe 7km or so

There is a petrol station by my estate so I said he could use that once he'd dropped me home.
    Nope, it was a few cent dearer then the nearest station on Dublin's South quays and he wanted that one so I waited like a fool in his back seat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement