Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I saw a sign up a while ago saying "stop dumpin here, your bein videoed" hahahaha

When you open the butter and it's about 50% butter, the rest is made up of turnips, potatoes, gravy and bread and toast crumbs. ****ing disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Carvin

emzolita wrote: »
    people that wash the dishes, dirtiest first, then are cleaning glasses last in piggy water. my OH cannot see the difference. Drives me mad.

Use running water. Even the Bible got that right. Nothing should be washed in "piggy water".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Carvin wrote: »
    Use running water. Even the Bible got that right. Nothing should be washed in "piggy water".

Don't use running water, it's wasteful. What you do is wash all the not-too-dirty stuff (glasses, cereal bowls etc.) in a small amount of water. Then rinse under the tap (not on full blast though) over the sink so that the water is used for washing dirtier stuff after.
    Just rinse everything.

A thing that annoys me: the fact that people in Ireland don't rinse dishes after washing them. There's feckin washing up liquid on them for feck's sake!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Lucena wrote: »
    A thing that annoys me: the fact that people in Ireland don't rinse dishes after washing them. There's feckin washing up liquid on them for feck's sake!:mad:

Have you been to every Irish person's house to check how they wash their dishes to make such a sweeping statement? :confused:

Everyone I know rinses afterwards (those whose dishwashing habits I have observed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Everyone I know rinses afterwards (those whose dishwashing habits I have observed).
    Peeping Tom?

Bad grammar, I've a niece in play school who speaks better than some grown adults.

When you open the butter and it's about 50% butter, the rest is made up of turnips, potatoes, gravy and bread and toast crumbs. ****ing disgusting.

People calling dairy spread 'butter'.

It's not butter, it's the devils alternative. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Gillo wrote: »
    Peeping Tom?

Bad grammar, I've a niece in play school who speaks better than some grown adults.

Yes, I go into people's houses and watch them wash dishes. It's how I get my kicks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yes, I go into people's houses and watch them wash dishes. It's how I get my kicks :)
    Dirty (you not the dishes)

Ironically, I was also going to say I hate people quoting posts unnesseccarily. You get someone quoting the whole OP just to put in a two word post themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

When I need to go to the post office but there is a huge que formed with unemployed people, drives me nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Big Bottom wrote: »
    When I need to go to the post office but there is a huge que formed with unemployed people, drives me nuts!

The poor: always one step ahead!!

In this case, literally.

Big Bottom wrote: »

*bangs head off wall repeatedly*

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

when footballers cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Have you been to every Irish person's house to check how they wash their dishes to make such a sweeping statement? :confused:

No, I haven't, and you know I haven't.

Any houses I have been in, be it family or friends, no rinsing of dishes.

Regarding sweeping generalisations, I don’t think I made one. Besides in life we have to make generalisations, we all do it.
    You’ve never said town X is a sh1thole?
    You’ve never said Americans/French people or whoever are arrogant/friendly/whatever?
    You’ve never said Chinese food is(n’t) very nice?

These are all generalisations. Without them, you’d never be able to give an opinion on anything. You wouldn’t be able to say you dislike Chinese food as you haven’t tasted every single dish from every single region and every single restaurant. Ditto French people, you haven’t met them all.
    In this case, my remark about the non-rinsing of dishes was based solely on my own experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

When drivers pull out of a side street and stop in the cycle lane, and you have to swerve out into traffic so you don't go straight over their bonnet. Thoughtless twonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

when your goin past a door and the handle goes up your sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The way Americans use the word 'freaking'. As in freaking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

decky1 wrote: »

When it catches on the belt loop of your trousers is worse. Makes you look like a right spanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Text speak.
    People who can't go more than a minute without checking their phone.
    The fact that cricket, is a sport.
    Idiots on the radio crying about 'their' team, Man Utd are out of the Champions league. Cop on you fools. Most of you have never even been to Manchester.
    The incorrect use of the words their, there, they're, your and you're.
    Pregnant wans smoking at the front door of the hospital, who have probably never worked a day in their life, and are on every benefit available.
    Kian Egan.
    People wearing runners at a formal event.
    Guinness Farts.
    Insincere people, fake people, smelly people, loud people, all about themselves people.
    Hugh Grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

When there's very slow moving traffic and you want to cross the road. A car is very slowly pulling past you and you decide you'll go to cross quickly behind it. Car then stops as you're about to make you're move.

You either:
    A) Walk into it or;
    B) Do this retarded pirouette / stumble to avoid colliding with it but look like an idiot to everyone behind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Padkir wrote: »
    When there's very slow moving traffic and you want to cross the road. A car is very slowly pulling past you and you decide you'll go to cross quickly behind it. Car then stops as you're about to make you're move.

You either:
    A) Walk into it or;
    B) Do this retarded pirouette / stumble to avoid colliding with it but look like an idiot to everyone behind!

Don't be an idiot and walk out into moving traffic... this annoys me

Why are there people who would never dream of walking in front of a moving car, but who think nothing of walking behind a reversing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Drivers(Men&Women) who leave their car at the petrol pump and go into the shop and treat like there doing there weekly shop take about 20 mins to come out saunter back to the car oblivious to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

decky1 wrote: »

That's not trivial when it rips a hole in your shirtsleeve. Dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

gufc21 wrote: »
    Don't be an idiot and walk out into moving traffic... this annoys me

I'm talking about traffic moving at a snail's pace, stopping and starting; often the car behind has stopped and beckoned you to cross.

And @Candie, the car isn't reversing, just stopping. I make my move thinking it's about to move from the space I want to walk in, but it suddenly stops dead.

Lighten up; it's not annoying me because the driver stopped, it annoys be because it's a mild inconvenience and makes me look like an idiot!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Pogger

Chain mail on facebook about sharing/liking this to save that.
    People who write in text speak on facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Myself and my dad got stuck behind this stupid ****ing weirdo driver today. He let 10 cars out in front of him. Just stopped and let them out of the carpark while we were stuck behind them. One or two grand but 10 is just taking the piss. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Myself and my dad got stuck behind this stupid ****ing weirdo driver today. He let 10 cars out in front of him. Just stopped and let them out of the carpark while we were stuck behind them. One or two grand but 10 is just taking the piss. :mad:

you'd have been laughing if you were 1 of the 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

What really freaking bothers me.....

Women with high pitched noises on TV, esp the news when they are arguing, I can't get it turned off quick enough.

Women with high pitched voices should only be given jobs in day-care for children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

people who play online games with a **** internet connection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement