Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

What really freaking bothers me.....

Women with high pitched noises on TV, esp the news when they are arguing, I can't get it turned off quick enough.

Women with high pitched voices should only be given jobs in day-care for children.

That fookin one on that hideous Afternoon show really annoys me, even makes yer man beside her tolerable... I'd tap it though.

I love this thread BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Not gay, but overly camp male television presenters. The ones who do the weather from some tai chi session or from a hot air balloon. Just give me an accurate forecast and stop mincing around. Wouldn't have gotten away with it in my day !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Facebook competitions when people have to like stuff to enter. I get spammed with crap competitons my friends are entering. The worse ones are when some shíte company does the lotto, you have to like it to get a share of it if it wins. Fuck off

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

when someone puts the toilet roll on the toilet roll holder the wrong way round - so that the paper unrolls towards the wall and not away from it...

...yes that is the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When somebody (ok, it's my wife) just throws stuff into a drawer and forces it closed, meaning that the next time anybody opens it, something is jammed and it won't open.

When somebody (ok, it's my wife) puts something light, like a bag of popcorn or something, into a press and doesn't bother to put it ino properly before closing the press door on it. The next time the press is opened, it falls out in your face.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Your in traffic. Both lanes are straight ahead and the right lane has the option of straight and right.

Your in the right lane.

There is someone in front of you and you think they are gong straight , then at the last fookin second, they indicate right.

They usually make the right turn

And because they decided only to indicate at last second, I don't get a chance to move in to left lane and the lights go red.

If they has indicated right originally, I would have more of a chance of moving in to left lane and not get caught at lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It's Mothers' Day, not Mother's Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cyclists who break red lights at a pedestrian crossing.

Gets coat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

manual_man wrote: »
    you'd have been laughing if you were 1 of the 10 :D

I love letting people out. I'm a learner so at the start it was like, "ok you go ahead 'cause I dont want anyone behind me" but then they responded with that wonderful little wave or (even better) the flashers to say thanks. Aaaaaahhhh

My Dad (knowing I am usually not v accommodating) asked why I let so many people out and I replied, "because it makes me feel good...about me" :D

I actually get a little high from the flashing lights and little waves. A true altruism junkie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

The Australian Question Intonation. That annoying way of raising the pitch at the end of a sentence like its a question.Horrible
    Stephen Fry describes it very well here.Please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OluCvL0lRnI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I love letting people out. I'm a learner so at the start it was like, "ok you go ahead 'cause I dont want anyone behind me" but then they responded with that wonderful little wave or (even better) the flashers to say thanks. Aaaaaahhhh

My Dad (knowing I am usually not v accommodating) asked why I let so many people out and I replied, "because it makes me feel good...about me" :D

I actually get a little high from the flashing lights and little waves. A true altruism junkie :D
    So I presume you get really annoyed when you let someone out and they don't say thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

not being able to remember what it was that annoyed you when you go to write it on boards,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It's Mothers' Day, not Mother's Day.

It's really Mothering Sunday.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Shop assistant's who ask you "are you ok".

We would all like to think we are ok. Can we just put a little effort into a greeting.

"Good morning can I help you" etc.

"May I help you"

In a bigger shop........."Is there someone looking after you"..............."Hi, are you being looked after"

It's still ok to talk about the weather.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

People who walk into shops/supermarkets and demand the red carpet treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You're having a conversation with a group of people and you're all discussing topic A. You're building up to the delivery of a really show stopping opinion/piece of info about topic A :cool:
    when suddenly, some twerp rudely cuts in on you and spends a couple of minutes steering the whole conversation from topic A all the way to topic Z.
    Now you have to keep your wonderful words bottled up . If you try to go back to topic A now, you just end up looking silly.
    It's always the same twerp that repeatedly does it to me too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

You're having a conversation with a group of people and you're all discussing topic A. You're building up to the delivery of a really show stopping opinion/piece of info about topic A :cool:
    when suddenly, some twerp rudely cuts in on you and spends a couple of minutes steering the whole conversation from topic A all the way to topic Z.
    Now you have to keep your wonderful words bottled up . If you try to go back to topic A now, you just end up looking silly.
    It's always the same twerp that repeatedly does it to me too :mad:
    Maybe he's trying to steer the conversation away from your constant delivery of earth shattering words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

***** who use this ":L"

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Whenever i pick up my earphones, i pick up the left one in my right hand and the right one in the left. Every. Fuking. Time.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The fact that it takes me 3 goes to get a USB stick into a PC. WTF is that about?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Xenophile wrote: »

It's really Mothering Sunday.

It's rlly motherf**cking sunday...

jesus' and mothers cùnting sunday, for the day that's in it - I rlly hate when the kettle is left empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People mentioning world-famous celebrities who are almost universally considered to be gorgeous in the "Someone unusual you fancy" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Quite simply, men who wear hats.
    Not sixty year old farmers who wear flat caps or most men in winter with a wooly hat to stop your brain from freezing. But all the other fu@king fashion victims trying to look cool wearing an Olly Murs type hat. Fashion should be left to women, men should wear jeans, t-shirt/shirt and a jumper/fleece if its cold. No fancy faded jeans, no sports wear of any kind unless you are playing sport, no labels and under no circumstances a hat.

Quite simply, men who wear hats.
    Not sixty year old farmers who wear flat caps or most men in winter with a wooly hat to stop your brain from freezing. But all the other fu@king fashion victims trying to look cool wearing an Olly Murs type hat. Fashion should be left to women, men should wear jeans, t-shirt/shirt and a jumper/fleece if its cold. No fancy faded jeans, no sports wear of any kind unless you are playing sport, no labels and under no circumstances a hat.

Lol, what?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

It happened again today! Pet hate 101 - Pedestrian lights going red when theres no one to press them. It has happened previously at 7am on weekend mornings. ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

MJ23 wrote: »
    Im going to Dunne to buy biscuit and crisp.

You sound like someone from yorkshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

I hate this my other half/ better half nonsense. You mean your boyfriend/ girlfriend, husband/ wife.

And "We're pregnant" No your not your wife or girlfriend is ye sap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

People who say "What's the damage?" when enquiring about the price of something. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

When Irish people say "awesome!". My friend did the other day, promptly got a "what the hell did you just say? " haven't heard it uttered since, thank f**k

• Advertisement

danslevent wrote: »
    When Irish people say "awesome!". My friend did the other day, promptly got a "what the hell did you just say? " haven't heard it uttered since, thank f**k

Is áthas orm:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement