Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Pogger

People who describe football as a 'beautiful' game, and the players as 'artists'....cracks me up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

So I presume you get really annoyed when you let someone out and they don't say thanks?

No.

People who continue on the conversation after it's been established that they dialled the wrong number.

"Oh is that not Joe?* Oh right... I thought it was Joe. Hang on now what number are you? Is this not Joe's number? Oh you're not Joe? I wonder how that happened now, I must have dialled blah blah blah"

* = the appropriate place to hang up the phone.

Like, what can we possibly do for each other once we have established that we dont want to talk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

People under 25 years of age.

Sergeant wrote: »
    People under 25 years of age.

Wish I was young enough to take offence! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Going into a public toilet, and seeing there's pubes all over the seat. Surely it's not that hard to clean up even a little bit after you're done.

Public toilet, not pubic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Denny M wrote: »
    Going into a public toilet, and seeing there's pubes all over the seat. Surely it's not that hard to clean up even a little bit after you're done.

I'm far too busy smearing excrement on the walls to notice pubes on the seat but I'll take your word for it.

Yup, also I have noticed lately a lot of toilet seats have pee on them...in the girls toilets :confused: How does that even happen?? And often its in work, where people are (presumably) not drunk and therefore not hovering and missing etc :(Baffles me...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    It happened again today! Pet hate 101 - Pedestrian lights going red when theres no one to press them. It has happened previously at 7am on weekend mornings. ARGH!

try sitting at a red filter light, to let traffic out of a shopping centre, at 6am in the morning when the shopping centre is closed!!

Always said i would never break a red light untill this started happening, continuously on my way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

i know some one who had a degree in public admin applied for jobs and when they finally got one the interviewer joked at the end

whats pubic admin

40 cvs went out, one interview

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

i know some one who had a degree in public admin applied for jobs and when they finally got one the interviewer joked at the end

whats pubic admin

Oh wow, the poor bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

whats pubic admin

I've heard a story about a government report that went out using the phrase "pubic sector". No wonder people think civil servants are dicks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Going to toilet at work, the cublicle next to you already has someone in it. During the duration of time your in there the guy in the other cubicle sits there and does nothing sitting quietly waiting for me to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

When people say "bite" when talking about getting food.

"Lets go get a bite to eat" or "We had a bite....."

I don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

I don't know why.

When people say 'bunch' when talking about people

as in I went out with a bunch of friends....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I don't know why.

Because people tend to bite their food? Generally that's how eating works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Because people tend to bite their food? Generally that's how eating works.

People chew their food too, but they don't go to restaurants for a chew to eat do they?

I can understand the origins, I don't know why it annoys me but I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

iDave wrote: »
    Going to toilet at work, the cublicle next to you already has someone in it. During the duration of time your in there the guy in the other cubicle sits there and does nothing sitting quietly waiting for me to finish.

Shameful sh!tter! Terrified you'll hear the plop. Pooing at work is a contentious issue; books have been written on the topic. http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Poo-Work-Mats-Enzo/dp/1853757403/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363011496&sr=1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I hate that. It puts me right off having a fap.

Yeeeeeeees!!!!! You're waiting for them to finish (nothing worse than trying to have a quiet movement) and you know they are waiting for you to finish and it turns into a weird battle of toilet wills or something. I've wasted literally weeks of my life doing this. :rolleyes: Also happens occasionally where you've just sat down and someone comes in and stands outside waiting to go. I wait until they give up waiting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Yeeeeeeees!!!!! You're waiting for them to finish (nothing worse than trying to have a quiet movement) and you know they are waiting for you to finish and it turns into a weird battle of toilet wills or something. I've wasted literally weeks of my life doing this. :rolleyes: Also happens occasionally where you've just sat down and someone comes in and stands outside waiting to go. I wait until they give up waiting :D

As far as I'm concerned the guy who was there first should finish up when someone else comes in, you've had your chance now let the next person have a quiet sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People who post youtube clips recorded from the TV on their mobiles. ****ty sound and the phone wobbling about like they're on a pogo stick. Rest it on your knee or something you idiots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The person beside me on public transport who keeps their legs wide apart as if to display their manhood/mark their territory.

Stop touching my knee, or come out of the goshdarn closet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Is áthas orm:D

should that not be "tá áthas orm"?

Tisserand wrote: »
    When people say 'bunch' when talking about people

as in I went out with a bunch of friends....

When people say 'heads' when talking about people.

"Oh I was out with some college heads". Knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Ok picture the scene - your waiting on a lift from ground floor to your apartment on the fifth floor. Some lazy ****ehawk gets in the lift with you and presses the button to go to floor one.

Like taking two short flights of stairs is going to cause a triple bypass procedure!

Old people and women with buggies get a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

People who say "Pacific" when trying to say "Specific" -

Its a funny one - Depending on the context it can range from being seriously annoying to mildly amusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Ok picture the scene - your waiting on a lift from ground floor to your apartment on the fifth floor. Some lazy ****ehawk gets in the lift with you and presses the button to go to floor one.

Like taking two short flights of stairs is going to cause a triple bypass procedure!

Old people and women with buggies get a pass.
    I would do exactly the same as that person

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

On the subject of lazy *****hawks, the people who will circle supermarket car parks for ten minutes so they are within spitting distance from the doors, and oh god, the fu@king scumbags who 'invent' their own parking spaces in these already cramped car parks making it more of a bottle neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

People who won't (not can't) pronounce 'TH' in any word, Jesus I thought it was bad when Bertie was in power, Dis Dat Dem Dey...but he was the only one (not) doing it then, now the bloody airwaves seem to be full of the feckers, especially bloody Newstalk.

Ian Guider with the business news.. the ISEQ closed at 'tree tousand two hundred and tirty' up tirty points on the day.
    Then there's the Molloy guy on about the movies.. Daniel Day lewis getting his turd oscar is surely a classic, Also yer man at luch time, Jonathan Healy, he normally pronouces TH no problem... except when he's chatting to some other twat who doesn't; then he seems to 'forget' how to do it, or is he being incredibly sly an taking the piss out of them by doing it too? Jesus I'd like to think that; but I doubt it.. Surely these idiots shouldn't be allowed on air if they won't speak properly? This is just a recent pet hate, but it is starting to bug the absolute crap outta me..

I even have the OH at it now She came back from a day long meeting where the main speaker was one of these annoying Aholes, and gave out to me because it never annoyed her previously... Ah the joys of sharing your problems an worries in life :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement