Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

When traffic lights go green just as you stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

People chew their food too, but they don't go to restaurants for a chew to eat do they?

I can understand the origins, I don't know why it annoys me but I'm not the only one.

Im off for a munch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Quandary

pmcmahon wrote: »
    When traffic lights go green just as you stop.

Also

When they go green for traffic after a particularly long stop and a pedestrian starts walking across anyway at a leisurely pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Im off for a munch

Not as popular due to innuendo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Firblog wrote: »
    People who won't (not can't) pronounce 'TH' in any word, Jesus I thought it was bad when Bertie was in power, Dis Dat Dem Dey...but he was the only one (not) doing it then, now the bloody airwaves seem to be full of the feckers, especially bloody Newstalk.

Ian Guider with the business news.. the ISEQ closed at 'tree tousand two hundred and tirty' up tirty points on the day.
    Then there's the Molloy guy on about the movies.. Daniel Day lewis getting his turd oscar is surely a classic, Also yer man at luch time, Jonathan Healy, he normally pronouces TH no problem... except when he's chatting to some other twat who doesn't; then he seems to 'forget' how to do it, or is he being incredibly sly an taking the piss out of them by doing it too? Jesus I'd like to think that; but I doubt it.. Surely these idiots shouldn't be allowed on air if they won't speak properly? This is just a recent pet hate, but it is starting to bug the absolute crap outta me..

I even have the OH at it now She came back from a day long meeting where the main speaker was one of these annoying Aholes, and gave out to me because it never annoyed her previously... Ah the joys of sharing your problems an worries in life :D

Annoys the crap out of me as well, seems to be a very Irish thing too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People who won't (not can't) pronounce 'TH' in any word, Jesus I thought it was bad when Bertie was in power, Dis Dat Dem Dey...but he was the only one (not) doing it then, now the bloody airwaves seem to be full of the feckers, especially bloody Newstalk.

Ian Guider with the business news.. the ISEQ closed at 'tree tousand two hundred and tirty' up tirty points on the day.
    Then there's the Molloy guy on about the movies.. Daniel Day lewis getting his turd oscar is surely a classic, Also yer man at luch time, Jonathan Healy, he normally pronouces TH no problem... except when he's chatting to some other twat who doesn't; then he seems to 'forget' how to do it, or is he being incredibly sly an taking the piss out of them by doing it too? Jesus I'd like to think that; but I doubt it.. Surely these idiots shouldn't be allowed on air if they won't speak properly? This is just a recent pet hate, but it is starting to bug the absolute crap outta me..

I even have the OH at it now She came back from a day long meeting where the main speaker was one of these annoying Aholes, and gave out to me because it never annoyed her previously... Ah the joys of sharing your problems an worries in life :D

My ability to be able to pronounce Utterly Butterly with all silent 't's' is a thing of beauty…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

iDave wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned the guy who was there first should finish up when someone else comes in, you've had your chance now let the next person have a quiet sh!t

Nope, they interrupted me mid-sh1t...they can wait :D

When people say 'heads' when talking about people.

"Oh I was out with some college heads". Knob.

Knobheads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

When people say 'heads' when talking about people.

"Oh I was out with some college heads". Knob.

Also a pet peeve of mine, that I have somehow ended up doing myself.

I blame my Cavan friends. They are notorious for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Sergeant wrote: »
    People under 25 years of age.

We're not mad about you either :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

People wearing scarves indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

People asking if your ok every 5 min

gufc21 wrote: »
    People asking if your ok every 5 min

I do this to my OH all the time. She starts out OK but by the time I have asked her ten times in one hour if she is really OK she is very much not OK lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Look, for a lot of people, it's their accent. It's mine also. We're in Ireland, this is how we speak, and I'm not ashamed of it. Nobody said we have to pronounce the 'th' "correctly". There is no standard pronunciation.

How do you pronounce the word 'car'. What? With an 'r' at the end? You big fool, everyone knows one has to speak like the queen of England and say 'caaaaaaaaaaaaah'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

People who can't park between the lines. God help me I WILL reverse into the next space and leave my passenger door six inches from your drivers side door, and you can just ****ing deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate using public toilets. Why the hell can people not wipe the seat if they get pee on it? Why the hell can't they flush the damn toilet? The last thing I need to see is someone elses bowel movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

people who have to type "www." whenever they use the internet! Drives me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

qwerty93 wrote: »

Wwwhat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Lucena wrote: »
    Wwwhat?
    if you just type "youtube" into the browser it will come up, theres no need for the "www." jazz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My sister won't google search for something. She tries to guess the URL for everything! She doesn't realise that in google chrome the address bar is also the search bar. She has a degree in IT FFS :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Our equivalent of Joe Duffy here in Cork is Neil Prendeville. It seems that half of people that end up on the air, generally the older generations go on about 'I don't mind that kind of carry on, Niall' or 'I think we're going to hell in a hand basket, Niall' or 'There's a website where you can get up to size 11 high heels, Niall'.

Drives me bananas so it does, Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I hate using public toilets. Why the hell can people not wipe the seat if they get pee on it? Why the hell can't they flush the damn toilet? The last thing I need to see is someone elses bowel movement.

I can't fathom who would take a dump in a public toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

if you just type "youtube" into the browser it will come up, theres no need for the "www." jazz!

that does not work for all sites though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

When knackers walk out in front of your car without warning and then proceed to stroll as slow as they can so they can annoy you even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

May have been covered before, but anyhow...

People who are in a rush to pull out in front of you in their car as you approach a junction and they see you coming, then drive really slowly.

Inevitably, your stuck behind them for miles cause its on a winding country road. Arrggghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Product : 'thing produced by labour or effort'.
    Not some slimy sh1te that some 'men' put in their hair to make themselves irresistible to women. I hate that use of the word even more than the desperate individuals that use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

I always think using a public toilet is similar to getting together with girl for the first time. No matter what others may have done before you, be it amazing, terrible, messy etc, you just have to get in there and do your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Product : 'thing produced by labour or effort'.
    Not some slimy sh1te that some 'men' put in their hair to make themselves irresistible to women. I hate that use of the word even more than the desperate individuals that use it.

What do you call all your sh1t for your hair then? Collectively?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Are people trivial? because they annoy the fook out of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    What do you call all your sh1t for your hair then? Collectively?

Unnecessary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement