Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

cantdecide wrote: »
    Our equivalent of Joe Duffy here in Cork is Neil Prendeville. It seems that half of people that end up on the air, generally the older generations go on about 'I don't mind that kind of carry on, Niall' or 'I think we're going to hell in a hand basket, Niall' or 'There's a website where you can get up to size 11 high heels, Niall'.

Drives me bananas so it does, Niall.

It annoyed a lot of people too who couldn't deal with Neill pulling out his snake on a plane! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It annoyed a lot of people too who couldn't deal with Neill pulling out his snake on a plane! :D
    He was tired an emotional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Threads getting closed before i can make my point. Happens WAY to often on here to make this site any bit enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

He was tired an emotional.

Horny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sensual Cucumber

When someone comes up to you on the street and says "ye wudnt have a spare smoke wud ye"...no dont smoke sorry. "will ye give us 50c for the hostel"...Grand yea here ye go, meanwhile spotting the change in your hand "ah go on will ye give us 2 euuuro" ...no now fcuk off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When someone comes up to you on the street and says "ye wudnt have a spare smoke wud ye"...no dont smoke sorry. "will ye give us 50c for the hostel"...Grand yea here ye go, meanwhile spotting the change in your hand "ah go on will ye give us 2 euuuro" ...no now fcuk off

The ones who interupt you when you're having a chat with someone outside a pub with a friend, with convoluted stories about trains to wexford. One guy a few weeks ago actually rolled up his sleeve to show us his tattoos and said, "look I am genuine" - I just stared at him in complete confusion :confused: Best way to get rid of 'em is ask what time the train is due.

Edit: and it's usually when you're just about to deliver a punchline too. Also, I dont know why but it annoys me when they ask everyone in the group individually. Like, if I ignored you while my 3 friends were telling you they've no change/smokes/tickets to wexford then it's likely I dont have any either. Also, when you ignore them and they keep shouting "sorry love!?" reeeealllly loudly at you! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭silenceisfoo

For some reason every time I get to a song I like, someone phones me and interrupts.

THe Harlem Shake thing-Why everyone insists on doing their own version is beyond me. Received an invite to a house party where the guests would be performing in a video later. It's stupid. Seriously trivial and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

• people who say hubby
    • Rachel from the radio ad about breastfeeding
    • Radio ads that use completely unnecessary sound effects. We know that petrol makes an engine go, no need to have the sound of an engine starting
    • People who say leave instead of let e.g. "don't leave him in, he's a bogey"
    • people at red lights who forget they are driving a car and get distracted so when the lights turn green they don't move for ages
    • general cµnts
    • people who walk about holding their phones up at arm's length while talking through a headset of Bluetooth. Usually people who own iPhones or Galaxy SIII, but lately it's people who own Galaxy Notes.
    • People who think that having an app on their phone makes them a more interesting person
    • FB people who Like and Share posts about 500 free iphones or ipads because they are unsealed and can't be sold.
    apart from that I'm pretty laid back

Rachel Allen the TV cooks accent, drives me insane.

Certain people who add the word "like" or should I say "loike" to every single sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

[QUOTE=Sensual Cucumber;83645940

Certain people who add the word "like" or should I say "loike" to every single sentence[/QUOTE]

Unless they're from Cork like, yanaaah,( in a cork accent obviously)!

• Advertisement

razorgil wrote: »
    Unless they're from Cork like, yanaaah,( in a cork accent obviously)!

Ah sure we'll leave the Corkonians out of this one, they don't say it in every sentence and its more liiiike than loike;)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

People who ask questions by making a statement then throwing "is it?" in at the end. Corkonians are the worst for it in my experience. I always answer them with "it is" or "it isn't" and wait for the confusion on their face.

Corkie: "You're going back to Dublin this evening is it?".

Me "It isn't".

Why can't the they just ask "when are you going back to Dublin?". They come across as beyond stupid with that "is it?" krap.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

I can handle 'like' but its adding 'boy' or 'girl' at the end of sentence that does my head in eg "How are you girl". BTW I'm living in Cork....

aknitter wrote: »
    I can handle 'like' but its adding 'boy' or 'girl' at the end of sentence that does my head in eg "How are you girl". BTW I'm living in Cork....

Oh yea the boy thing, that is seriously annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

Rachel Allen the TV cooks accent, drives me insane.

Certain people who add the word "like" or should I say "loike" to every single sentence

Hate the way she pronounces the word 'butter' it's so posh it sounds like 'better'.

Tisserand wrote: »
    Hate the way she pronounces the word 'butter' it's so posh it sounds like 'better'.

Fast forward to 9 seconds :D Its kinda more like bessher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpADo1LwcY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Tisserand wrote: »

You've just made me want to kill her :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I never really paid much attention before, but "brannies wish busher" :confused:

Oh for god's sake Nigella! :eek:

"I don't wan't it too stiff, just fluff it up, it's quite hard, now just put it in the fridge, it's a tight squeeze but it's in there"

How many bloody innuendos can you fit into one sentence? :pac:

(watching Nigella on Food Network, filthy mare! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

"well bhoy", yeah, thats a real waterford one, there. the blahs have to put boy/girl with everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Just got home from work see that Defiance is on TV. It reminded me of another trivial thing I hate - when films are made in English about chracters and stories that were not originally English speaking.

It's even worse when the characters speak English with the accent of the place the story is set (in this case Daniel Craig and the rest speaking English with a Russian accent).

But the worst f**king thing is when there is some use of the actual language the story is set in during the film (in this case Craig speaking Russian to a Russian partisan group, but still speaking English to the other characters.) All it does is highlight the fact that the whole language of the film is a sham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Lucena wrote: »

Look, for a lot of people, it's their accent. It's mine also. We're in Ireland, this is how we speak, and I'm not ashamed of it. Nobody said we have to pronounce the 'th' "correctly". There is no standard pronunciation.

It's not an accent. If it was then everyone from the same place would drop their 'ths'. As it is only some ever do, the ones who were never taught to pronounce their words properly. Only a minority of the population do this and i think it should be beaten out, with sticks if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

People who bring dogs into shops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

People who bring dogs into shops

Even if its a guide dog :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kingtut wrote: »
    Even if its a guide dog :confused:

Especially them, guide dogs would kill you and everyone you know without thinking twice about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

People who walk up or down a stairs, right in the middle. Pick a fcuking side for Christ sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I noticed yesterday I don't like setting off automatic doors unless I actually have to go through them.

The shop at the petrol station beside me is pretty tight in terms of space and you have to walk past the door to get from one area of the shop to the checkout, I seem to do my upmost to get to the checkout without setting it off.

Actually, maybe that's OCHD as opposed to trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

smash wrote: »
    People who walk up or down a stairs, right in the middle. Pick a fcuking side for Christ sake!

Do that in Europe and you'll get barged out of the way, its either left or right for going up cant remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

krudler wrote: »

Do that in Europe and you'll get barged out of the way, its either left or right for going up cant remember which.
    Probably best to stay in the middle then.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭twinytwo

people who pick their noses in public, like excaviting a site they are. Reagardless of where they are and then eating it... its the most vile habit ever.

Women that way side by side super slowly and then expect you to walk on the road to get around them, that or standing in the stairwell and block the whole place up just so they can talk about fupping shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

It's not an accent. If it was then everyone from the same place would drop their 'ths'. As it is only some ever do, the ones who were never taught to pronounce their words properly. Only a minority of the population do this and i think it should be beaten out, with sticks if necessary.

Define "properly".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement