Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ticket sellers- fcuk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

That's why I just use amazeballs. It's a totes better word when you're having the bants.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fluffy Woofy

The sound of curtains being pulled open in the morning, by somebody else, particular on a wooden rail.

Eirks me when people call me a 'ledge'.

When any of my dogs is finished taking a dump, they sorta 'jump' away quickly, run away from it, come back and run around it. Every single time, it drives me crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you walk into your regular barber and she's got a full house and can't squeeze you in.

My own fault really for walking in at five o clock on a public holiday weekend, but it worked out alright after because I got just as good a cut in the place she recommended instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

People who use more than one question mark, do you think it gives your question more weight??? or what???, fyi it doesn't, it just makes you look like a pleb.

Also people who sign the end of their post, pointless.

Daithio12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Sensual Cucumber

Weekend/Sunday drivers grrrrrr. I mean you have licenses dont you? and its not a jumbo jet your driving either:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

The sound of curtains being pulled open in the morning, by somebody else, particular on a wooden rail.

Eirks me when people call me a 'ledge'.

When any of my dogs is finished taking a dump, they sorta 'jump' away quickly, run away from it, come back and run around it. Every single time, it drives me crazy.

My dog does that too - like a little lap of honour around the garden for the steaming pile of **** he left

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

MJ23 wrote: »
    Drives me nuts when they pronounce Ireland, as Island.

Or the way Americans say it: "eye-erland"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Debbie Harrys head - it always seems a bit too big for the rest of her. Not that the rest of her was that bad. Not here anyway.

Debbie Harrys head - it always seems a bit too big for the rest of her. Not that the rest of her was that bad. Not here anyway.

Nothing wrong with Debbie Harry's head! :D

that's just her hairstyle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Button up jeans - trivial and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Going out to a pub, cafe, restaurant for food.

Spotting dirt and stuff floating on the surface of the milk...fcuk sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I'm watching the All Ireland club final which is on TG4. I have feck all Irish so the radio is on to listen to RTE1 commentary.

The trivial thing that's annoying me today is the tv is about 7 seconds behind the radio. So we're watching the tv and someone taking a free and the radio tells us he scores/ misses and we see for ourselves 7 seconds later.

So we're between a rock and a hard place: watch the tele and listen to Irish or put up with the time difference. It's really pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Rasheed wrote: »
    I'm watching the All Ireland club final which is on TG4. I have feck all Irish so the radio is on to listen to RTE1 commentary.

The trivial thing that's annoying me today is the tv is about 7 seconds behind the radio. So we're watching the tv and someone taking a free and the radio tells us he scores/ misses and we see for ourselves 7 seconds later.

So we're between a rock and a hard place: watch the tele and listen to Irish or put up with the time difference. It's really pissing me off.

What if you put the radio really really far away but really really loud and it took 7 seconds for the sound to travel to you. That way the sound and pictures would match.

stoneill wrote: »
    What if you put the radio really really far away but really really loud and it took 7 seconds for the sound to travel to you. That way the sound and pictures would match.

Its getting so exciting now I couldn't give a toss about the TV delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Lest I'm accused of Brit-bashing, what about Americans' newly acquired inability to pronounce "ing". In combination with the positioning of their voiceboxes just behind their eye-sockets, American women and camp men now sound like my Granny's old gramophone. And just to round it off, they end their sentences with a nasal, gravelly groan AND they've invented a brand new grammatical tense, even more idiotic that the English football commentators tense - "e's gone down the wing. E's seen 'im but 'e's sat there and then 'e's gone left and 'e's missed that so 'e's took a shot."

Americans now treat us to "I had beeeeen watcheeeeen TV when he said he had beeeen driveeeen home and had beeeeen listneeeeeen to his iPod and turneeeeen into the parkeeeeen lot which she had beeeeen bike rideeeen out of."

Give me a good old Macra na Feirme accent, preferably somebody from the committee with a certificate fur public shpakin'.....tawkin' gud like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Seeing people with ties that weren't put on carefully, so the narrow end if the tie only comes down to chest height, and is too short to even slip into that thing designed to hide it behind the wide end.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

Rasheed wrote: »

Are you watching tg4 through a sky box? If you watch it from ariel will be same as radio.

newholland wrote: »
    Are you watching tg4 through a sky box? If you watch it from ariel will be same as radio.

The match is over.

When you're tired, hung over, and you haven't the energy to be typing stuff.

Ahh Jesus, my head is splitting and some fcuker is playing bagpipes around here somewhere! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Czarcasm wrote: »
    some fcuker is playing bagpipes around here somewhere! :(

Bagpipes? This thread is supposed to be about "trivial things" that annoy you. Bagpipes cannot be accused of being a trivial annoyance. Bagpipes annoy every living creature and plant on this planet except, of course for those sickoes blowing into them who have managed to supersize that gland in their heads which attenuates certain noises.

Pythagorus went to the trouble of developing the "octave". A nice bit of work there, fair dues. Pity you had to ruin my childhood with your infernal triangles.

Then the Egyptians invented and immediately rejected the bagpipes because it couldn't quite make that top note. In a remarkable bit of marketting, they managed to sell it to the Celts who quickly banished it to remote, West European islands. The Irish, reluctant to dump this heirloom, improved it by giving it its top note and extra drones. Unfortunately, their work was better suited to radio because, seeing the "elbow pipes" being played, gave rise to severe mockery from a series of foreign invaders.

However, the failed Egyptian prototype still survives, in Scotland, parts of Ireland and East US cities, where, at the drop of a hat, players still proudly demonstrate its ancient inability to play a full octave.

Since the guvverment is inventing ever more stupid offences, isn't it time for bagpipe playing to be added to the list of nuisance crimes? No? What about a bagpipes tax? No? A register of known bagpipe players?

And yes, perhaps my grasp of historical data is tenuous but not as innaccurate as bagpipe players describing their output as music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cúnts upstairs must be on the Gillian McKeith 30 day shred

They will be coming through the wooden floor soon if they keep jumping and skipping and dropping weights on my ceiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Grown adults who can't sit quietly without rustling and fidgeting. Was in the Gaiety the other night and there could have been a mass diagnosis of ADHD. So irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

in a resturant been served sh.t food and then been asked "is everything alright" when they dont give a damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

aSligoDub wrote: »
    The introverted idiots over the pond with their "World Series"......
    it's named after the newspaper that sponsored the first series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

it's named after the newspaper that sponsored the first series.

Myth
    http://www.snopes.com/business/names/worldseries.asp

Anyway the Toronto BlueJays make it international

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Probably been mentioned already but what really gets to me is when someone walks fast to get ahead of you then slows down

Grrrr!

newholland wrote: »

Thanks, I'll know for again!

But WOO, a Roscommon team won an All Ireland title!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭horslips

in a resturant been served sh.t food and then been asked "is everything alright" when they dont give a damn

They don't give a damn - they only ask this question to cover themselves in case you try and get a discount from the bill saying the food was crap.

if you don't complain at the time, no discount!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Going out for a meal and everyone getting their dishes at different times. Being seated at a table with no cutlery, orders served and an additional wait for the waiter to come back with cutlery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement