Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭fullgas

I hate people slurping. Also I hate when people eat apples/oranges/bananas beside me. Especially bananas. Gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

People who comment on what I'm eating.

Dogs barking.

People who pile things on top of a full bin rather than emptying it.

People who get crumbs over the counter and then don't wipe them up.

Using a biro that the lid has been lost.

People who rip open the package of food so it is all exposed to the air rather than opening the top.

People who use there phone on speaker in public.

People who keep asking the same question over and over even when you tell them that you do not know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

When my car radio goes to Newstalk, it changes the poxy time on my car clock. Feck it, newstalk, sort that **** out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

The fecin seat belt won't go back in position and stops the car door from shutting.

The static shock I get every time I close the car door after a drive, always happens in the summer. ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnMagic

When people say 'What's your own name?' instead of 'What's your name?'

mainly a cork thing i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

People who drag their teeth on the fork when they eat and make that screechy noise.

Gives me the shivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

When they don't put the date beside 'Best Before' on packaged foods, tins etc. So bloody annoying twisting a tin of Baked Beans to find the bloody date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭silenceisfoo

People talking in the cinema.
    Tech support in every service company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Taxi drivers on the meter going way under the speed limit and leaving anyone they can out in front of them.
    Never happens when no one is in the cab..

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

As was the style of the time

the onion on the belt came in years later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I hate when the milk for no reason other than being a dickhead splatters everywhere but the cereal bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

This thread beginning to annoy me, unfollow :(

1ZRed wrote: »
    I hate when the milk for no reason other than being a dickhead splatters everywhere but the cereal bowl.

no use in crying over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

When you slip or bang your head on the open cupboard door and the person nearest you says "Careful!". A bit too late for that advice..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Taxi drivers on the meter going way under the speed limit and leaving anyone they can out in front of them.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

People on adverts who dont get back to you. Do they not like money or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you hear what you think are the first few bars of Dusty Springfields Goin' Back from the old ESB ad and then realise its actually just an ad for a new car with some kid going on about how her dad is her hero :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm sure its been mentioned, but shops that have deliberate mistakes in their name. Like Kool Kuts or something - yes you are very "kool" you rebel you with your bad grammar :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm sure its been mentioned, but shops that have deliberate mistakes in their name. Like Kool Kuts or something - yes you are very "kool" you rebel you with your bad grammar :/

No they're not. Now Kool Kutz, they're kool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

newholland wrote: »
    Are you watching tg4 through a sky box? If you watch it from ariel will be same as radio.

The delay between the TV and radio commentary is one of my pet hates too - but not for the Gaeilge I can understand that fine - it for the crap commentators like Canning that I want to avoid.

Am I missing something - I thought ariels were a thing of the past and everything was Digital now. Was that not all the point of the Saorview???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

wow sierra wrote: »
    The delay between the TV and radio commentary is one of my pet hates too - but not for the Gaeilge I can understand that fine - it for the crap commentators like Canning that I want to avoid.

Am I missing something - I thought ariels were a thing of the past and everything was Digital now. Was that not all the point of the Saorview???

Get an Enigma based satellite box, it will allow you delay the radio or TV signal to get it in sync.

Things that annoy me would be
    People getting dodgy Sky or Cable and boasting about it, it's theft.
    People having their Sky HD connected to scart and saying how great the picture is.
    People who have their Sky box set to 4:3 when they have a 16:9 TV.
    People complaining about the price of stuff that they don't NEED to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Young twats (both male and female) who have nothing better to do than stand about on the street all day giving everyone who passes the stinking eye.
    I think they called them 'corner boys' back in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

maximoose wrote: »

This.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    No they're not. Now Kool Kutz, they're kool.

They're Kunts!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

When people laugh at ads in the cinema , ads that they've probably seen 20 times already

Footoo wrote: »
    When people laugh at ads in the cinema , ads that they've probably seen 20 times already

Now that is Trivial

Thanks for getting the point of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Media commentators and 'personalities' who bend over backwards to pronounce foreign people's names in the accent of their native countries. Two things annoy me about this:
    1) would foreign people make any attempt to pronounce my name in an Irish accent if I was in theor country ? I doubt it.
    2) they all use a generic 'foreign' accent regardless of where the person is from.

Wαnkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

PaulieC wrote: »
    Media commentators and 'personalities' who bend over backwards to pronounce foreign people's names in the accent of their native countries. Two things annoy me about this:
    1) would foreign people make any attempt to pronounce my name in an Irish accent if I was in theor country ? I doubt it.
    2) they all use a generic 'foreign' accent regardless of where the person is from.

Wαnkers.

Main RTE football commentator, his name evades me now, but he pronounces Cazorla as 'Cat-orla'. Bugs the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Picture it: you're driving down a straight road, the car in front wants to turn right at a junction ahead. Grand, he puts on his indicator, moves to the right, you move to the left to go past him.
    But the idiot thinks he's driving an articulated truck, not a nissan micra. He thinks there's not enough room for his massive car to simply just turn right. He has to swerve left first. Or he thinks he's in a rally car and he needs to flick the back out.
    Why the hell do people do it? If you're going into a narrow parking space, grand, you need to line it up. But you don't need to do it on a normal poxy junction!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

As a writer I need to research stuff, sometimes online, other times I need to speak to professionals in various 'fields.'
    Some years ago I contacted the Garda Museum for some simple historical information. When they eventually bothered to reply, it was to refer me to the PSNI.
    They answered immediately, and even invited me to visit Belfast, where I would be provided with all the information/documents I needed.

On another project and needed the advice of a Locksmith as what I had written was somewhat technical. It 'sounded' legit, but still...I wanted it to be accurate.
    I printed out what I had written for him to cast his professional eye over. I offered to pay but he said there would be no charge for his help. I gave him my phone number, email address etc.
    When he didn't contact me as promised I called to his shop a few times, and he had either lost the pages (which I replaced more than once) and he 'would get back to me'.
    That's three years ago and not word yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement