Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Duck Soup wrote: »
    People who write 'cajones' [furniture drawers] when they mean 'cojones' [testicles or bravery].

The infallible mnemonic is that the correct spelling has two round "o" in it, in imitation of a pair of testicles.

And the j is a droopy cock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

It causes me anxiety and deep frustration that the presenter on "Man vs food" wears a jacket when eating. It really annoys me.

It really irks me when someone wears their coat/jacket in the house, especially when they're eating. What is wrong with you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

And the j is a droopy cock?

I hadn't thought of that, but yes, I suppose it is. A droopy cock, dressing to the right as you look down on it from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

peteeeed wrote: »
    whispering on adverts on radio or tv
    When people are having a conversation near you and suddenly start whispering like spies :rolleyes: like you even give a rats ass about their mindless chatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

I hate when people use Americanisms in Ireland. That's if they're not American, of course.

"Awesome" is one of my biggest pet hates. "Mom" instead of ma or whatever etc.

This really annoys me. I've also noticed recently that more and more advertisements are using the American way of saying/printing the date, ie. putting the month first. It drives me crazy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

how people think it's acceptable to chew chewing gum with their mouth open like a cow chewing on grass.
    Especially in places of work,women in dunnes are devils for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    It really irks me when someone wears their coat/jacket in the house, especially when they're eating. What is wrong with you?!

The heating is playing up, the house is old and drafty and I can't afford to have the place sealed up (or whatever the term is to prevent heat loss).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

old hippy wrote: »
    The heating is playing up, the house is old and drafty and I can't afford to have the place sealed up (or whatever the term is to prevent heat loss).

Insulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

It might have been said already but one thing that wrecks my head is when its coming into the last line of the national anthem at matches people start hooting their foghorns and roaring "Hon Ireland!!/Mayo!!/etc". I can't think of any other country that disrespects their national anthem the same way. Shut the **** up you knobheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

In the jacks in work, when a new batch of toilet paper in the dispenser doesn't interleave with the older batch
    and your left there, trousers and jockies down, picking away and pulling lumps tissue trying to get it restarted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Speaking of jacks in work....people who let rip in the cubicle next to you with no shame whatsoever.

i was in washing my hands, guy walks in, says hi, into the cubicle and starts machine-gunning it out.
    I could hardly look at him for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭janeo80

When people are having a conversation near you and suddenly start whispering like spies :rolleyes: like you even give a rats ass about their mindless chatter.

I usually am not paying any attention to those people anyway, and only when do they start whispering do they actually entice me to listen intently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭paulbok

People, and where they pause walking in public. I]suitable punishment to be allowed by law[/I
    Such as auld ones who stop at the end of escalators as if they have just decended off mt Everest. And get narky when the escalator flings you onto them. I]a good slap on the arse and say "move along there love"[/I
    People who stop in doorway on the way out of shops to decide if they are going left or right. FFS you're blocking the door. I]stand right behind them, scream as loud as you can in their ear[/I
    You're in a shop with long wide aisles. ahead of you is a palette or boxes on one side and someone with a trolley. Where do they decide to stop with their trolley? yep, right beside the f*^{ing boxes blocking an otherwise empty aisle. [Take their trolley and unload everything in it back on the shelves. any kids in the trolley to be put into a refridgeration unit]

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

whatever99 wrote: »
    This really annoys me. I've also noticed recently that more and more advertisements are using the American way of saying/printing the date, ie. putting the month first. It drives me crazy!!!!

WHat?!? No way, really!?

paulbok wrote: »
    People, and where they pause walking in public. I]suitable punishment to be allowed by law[/I
    Such as auld ones who stop at the end of escalators as if they have just decended off mt Everest. And get narky when the escalator flings you onto them. I]a good slap on the arse and say "move along there love"[/I
    People who stop in doorway on the way out of shops to decide if they are going left or right. FFS you're blocking the door. I]stand right behind them, scream as loud as you can in their ear[/I
    You're in a shop with long wide aisles. ahead of you is a palette or boxes on one side and someone with a trolley. Where do they decide to stop with their trolley? yep, right beside the f*^{ing boxes blocking an otherwise empty aisle. [Take their trolley and unload everything in it back on the shelves. any kids in the trolley to be put into a refridgeration unit]

Oh HELL yeah! The other one is when you're walking along a footpath, and say 2-3 people (often Mediterranean) approach casually from the opposite direction, seemingly spreading themselves as wide as possible, in order to take up the entire width of the path. Even though they see you coming they make no effort to move to one side, forcing you to almost apologetically step onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was at Tallaght Hospital today and I was waiting for a guy to pull out of the wheelchair bay (at the front of the hospital).

I had my indicator on and was pulled in to let other cars pass.
    The guy pulled out and I inched forward, and some gobsheen came out of NOWHERE and zipped into my space!

I told him I was waiting for the space and in fairness, he pulled back out, but fgs, why did he think I was waiting there with my indicator on?!
    Just for the laugh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

People who walk onto those travelator things at airports and then just stand still, blocking me from using it for its purpose. The thing is there to make your walk faster, not so you don't have to bother walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭chester3455

people who end a sentence with four or five full stops like this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

people who end a sentence with four or five full stops like this.....

Guilty!
    Don't know why I started doing it but I didn't always........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Sad fashion victims who have a chain between their wallet and a belt loop. Have they all fallen victim to the Artful Dodger ? Grow Up !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Sad fashion victims who have a chain between their wallet and a belt loop. Have they all fallen victim to the Artful Dodger ? Grow Up !

Surely people don't still do that, do they? I thought that was just a trend guys used do 20 odd years back! Though in saying that I've seen a resurgence lately in beetle crusher shoes and just yesterday I near had to reach for the eye bleach when I saw a chap wearing the jeans with elasticated cuff leg ends that I used wear as a kid when I was about 10. I'm 36 now!

If the Miami Vice style of wearing blazers and shirts with the sleeves rolled up makes a comeback, I don't think my lungs will take much more punishment from laughing so hard! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

When tractors leave rural country roads strewn with massive clods of muck and stones\rocks and they aren't expected to clean it up after them.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Surely people don't still do that, do they? I thought that was just a trend guys used do 20 odd years back! :pac:

Mainly bikers and skater/rockers. And another thing, when you rocker/thrashers start losing your long hair. Do not grow a goatee to compensate for the balding head. Beard or not you are still bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Every Good Friday, people who are at pains to tell everyone how they'll be having a fry for breakfast, a burger for lunch and a steak for dinner, all washed down with a slab AB InBev's finest beer-flavoured piss water, just to "stick" it to the law and the Catholic Church. It's completely unoriginal and about as rebellious as a child staying up ten minutes past his bed time.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

People who park just into the spot beside the spot they were going for. Had the pleasure of parking right up against the door of some b!tch the other day who had her wheels in the space I wanted. A good 3 or 4 foot on the other side of her car. Ironically when I was walking back to my car she was walking ahead of me with her friend and started moaning about "The prick" who parked right up against her so she couldn't get in. Felt so great to say "I'd be the prick you're referring to. Good to meet the stupid bitch that can't keep her BMW between the lines". Her jaw dropped and I took my sweet ass time in preparing my car to pull forward so she could get into hers :D

Also people who swing their doors out in car parks and don't give a flying fúck what they slap off annoys the sh!t out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

People who mix up loose and lose. their and there.

People who stand in doorways.

People who skip queues.

People who cut across you when you are walking on a footpath/shopping centre to enter exit a shop.

People with the pull along suitcases who trip you up because they couldnt be arsed looking where they are going.

Women with umbrellas who dont care if they take your eye out.

Parents who think that their off spring have a "disorder" when in fact they are lazy,rude,stupid.

Parents who left their children run amok in shops/restaurants/planes and then get upset when you trip the little f@&kers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

People who ask this question on days such as Good Friday, Easter Sunday, New Years, etc.

"Is town open today?"

Town is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
    I know people are really asking if the stores are open, but it still really grinds my gears a lot more than it should. Specify stores. Grrrr :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Shops, you mean shops - stores are for grain and the like.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Shops, you mean shops - stores are for grain and the like.
    Dunnes store ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Every Good Friday, people who are at pains to tell everyone how they'll be having a fry for breakfast, a burger for lunch and a steak for dinner, all washed down with a slab AB InBev's finest beer-flavoured piss water, just to "stick" it to the law and the Catholic Church. It's completely unoriginal and about as rebellious as a child staying up ten minutes past his bed time.

I'll have a stand outside mass tonight where I'll be drunkenly handing out ham sandwiches and flyers in support of abortion.

Rebel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement