Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Every Good Friday, people who are at pains to tell everyone how they'll be having a fry for breakfast, a burger for lunch and a steak for dinner, all washed down with a slab AB InBev's finest beer-flavoured piss water, just to "stick" it to the law and the Catholic Church. It's completely unoriginal and about as rebellious as a child staying up ten minutes past his bed time.

AB Inbev's piss water, LMAO :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Dunnes store ?

Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

nemesisdg wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores
    There is more than one ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The word 'cringe'.

People typing Google into the search bar.

People who don't acknowledge when I let them out in traffic or hold a door open for them. I try to make a mental note of who they are so I can remember to not help them again. I never remember.

That one patch of stubble that remains after a shave. Fecking pisses me off.

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

Do gooders who hand out soup and sambos to the homeless and then tell all in sundry about it ! Do it on the Qt and tell nobody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who tell me their dreams. "I had a mad dream last night..", then proceed to tell me all about it.
    I try and look as disinterested as possible but it doesn't deter them.
    I'm sorry but no matter how fantastical and how weird it was, it was all in your head, it wasn't real and I'm just not interested.

Hospital appointments.

Why do they issue you with an appointment but make you wait in the waiting area with about thirty others and they just go on who's been there the longest?!

Why make my appointment for 11am and not see me til 1.30pm?

One time I was running late for an appointment and I showed up ten minutes late. Didn't think it'd matter because at this particular consultant's office, there's always a delay.

I checked in and sat down and the nurse said "You're late".
    I felt like screaming at her "YOU'RE always late! I'M ALWAYS early, but this one occasion it's ME that's late and you're harping on about it?!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

When more than one person does karaoke at a time. Don't be a coward, do it on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Every Good Friday, people who are at pains to tell everyone how they'll be having a fry for breakfast, a burger for lunch and a steak for dinner, all washed down with a slab AB InBev's finest beer-flavoured piss water, just to "stick" it to the law and the Catholic Church. It's completely unoriginal and about as rebellious as a child staying up ten minutes past his bed time.

It's okay though, with it's stance on gays and women, the way it can act with impunity in this state and the fact it controls most of the schools in this country, the Catholic Church gets to have the last laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolita77

People who put on Facebook and in texts 'xxx' (ie kisses) at the end of a sentence. As if you do that in real life: so p*ss off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Lolita77 wrote: »
    People who put on Facebook and in texts 'xxx' (ie kisses) at the end of a sentence. As if you do that in real life: so p*ss off

It doesn't bother me as much as people who get annoyed if I don't send THEM kisses. Sorry, but if I don't kiss you when we meet in person, I won't be "kissing" you online either :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The way Americans say " I have no clue". I have no idea or I don't know should be the appropriate response for the clueless, overweight warmongers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

When you go into town to meet someone, their phone's off and you're left wandering around a packed pub looking for them. Only to end up getting the luas home half an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

People who say sh*t like "happy monday/tuesday"
    People who say they're afraid of clowns and sh*t.. No you just think your cute sayin that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gallifreya

Parents who take up every parking space outside the school,even parking in the drop-off point who then hang around gossiping at the gate.

Presenters on TV who wear suits and open neck shirts with no ties. Just looks wrong.

Kids that do that really loud, really high pitched scream, constantly but are just 'expressing themselves'. In shopping centres I can cope with it but at a funeral - just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Waking up after having a dirty dream and Tommy Bowe isn't beside me to continue it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Badly dubbed television ads, i feel like smashing my television when one comes on.
    Worst offenders, Nutella, munch bunch and magnum infinity.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

#1 - People who abbreviate already short words, like "tnx" or even "rgds" in emails. It's work time, you don't need to save micro-seconds in work! People even abbreviate "ok" to "k".

#2 - Another work related one, people who take MY ****ing Dairygold from the fridge and leave it on the counter for me to find HOURS later. Cnuts. Same pricks normally leave half their toast in crumb form in there as well, dirty bastards.

#3 - Women in front at the till. 9 times out of 10 they stand there with the purse closed in the bag until they are told the total, then rummage around for fcuking ages counting out bits of change, then prick about putting their change back in, and the receipt, and then packing their stuff.

#4 - Children with snots that their parents are either oblivious to or just ignore. Then the kid starts coughing and hacking all over your remote, phone, keys etc.. Minging.

#5 - People who don't greet you before your name in an email, usually Yanks in fairness. Instead of "Hi John" or "Hello John", you just get "John," - sets me off on the wrong foot with them all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

People who use the word "revert" in the wrong context in emails. They're a plague on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Having to change the format of a document due to convention and not liking how it looks.

So trivial, but it just looks wrong now, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

People who use the word "revert" in the wrong context in emails. They're a plague on society.

Yes. I hate this so much.
    You can't revert into me ffs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

People who park half in one spot, half in the other, and its the only free spot in town!
    And manic fa-hukin' car-parks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People who constantly ask me the time :eek:

Take out your phone and look at it for fux sake

Or else buy a bloody watch. You can get them for 2 quid now :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,532 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Two things that really annoy me ...

1.people who start off with a number

B. who then change to a letter like as if it that makes sense

(I know its only one thing but I had to make my point)

So you don't like maths :pac::pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Der taking r JERBSSS!!!!!!!111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

When you can't remember the trivial thing that annoys you which I put down to temporary memory loss ,which I'm sure will come back tomorrow or Tuesday .

Latchy wrote: »
    When you can't remember the trivial thing that annoys you which I put down to temporary memory loss ,which I'm sure will come back tomorrow or Tuesday .
    Tomorrow is Tuesday!! More Serious than you thought!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

gammygils wrote: »
    Tomorrow is Tuesday!! More Serious than you thought!!
    Only Tuesday if you want it to be ...unless of course your in some Galway time zone which refuse to get in line with GMT .

Latchy wrote: »
    Only Tuesday if you want it to be ...unless of course your in some Galway time zone which refuse to get in line with GMT .
    Today is April Fools Day!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

.. Bank Holiday?!! was all suited n booted to collect my dole....

still easter I guess, how long does that jesus take to rise anyhow? probably the one day I bet him to it rrrr....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

when your watching a match in the pub when a bloke enters and stands in front of the TV deciding weather to watch the match or not and then lingers for 5 minutes or so standing around while deciding.

related, people who look through pub windows to check the score then linger for a few minutes watching it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement