Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

.. Bank Holiday?!! was all suited n booted to collect my dole....

still easter I guess, how long does that jesus take to rise anyhow? probably the one day I bet him to it rrrr....

That depends on how much yeast used-

You wrap your jesus loaf in a grease proof muslin, throw it in a giant pizza oven at about 30°C and bake for three days.

Mind though that the oven door doesn't open of it's own accord and the air gets in at your jesus loaf and makes it shrink to nothing, leaving only the muslin wrapper in the oven.

/gets coat, fecks off down to the bakery for some hot cross buns. The hot baker always gets cross when I touch her buns! I can't help it, they're delicious!

Happy Yeaster everybody

PauloMN wrote: »
    Women in front at the till.

When I can't decide whether or not to report stuff like that. I can never decide if it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Is there anything more annoying than an unflushed toilet?

No. There isn't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

When I can't decide whether or not to report stuff like that. I can never decide if it's worth it.

I'll tell you so, it won't be worth it. :P

But fill your boots if it makes you happy. :pac:

When you're standing at the bus stop listening to your music on your earphones and some asshat gives you a tap and frightens the shìte out of you (turns out t'was a chap I used work with) and then you miss a bunch of good looking girls walking by because this guy is so up in your face that in order to get him to back off a small bit you have to pretend to be interested in his what he's going on about.

He never changed anyway, still as miserable as ever and no clue about personal space!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who start phone conversations with, "I was looking for" - are you not looking for them anymore? Did you find them?:mad:

When you go to Gloria Jean's for a quiet coffee and you spot a baby who you think is gonna start bawling at some stage, but it wasn't the baby at all who kicked off, it was the busload of hipster kids that barged their way through the place just when I had my coffee ordered that got on my tits instead! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

The way they sell pastries/cakes uncovered in the shops.

MMmmm heres a nice danish, just what you were looking for.

Unfortuntely you'll never know if there was a **** covered fly sitting on it for an hour before you arrived.

Can they not just cover the fcking things up.

waaaa caek rage :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

statss wrote: »
    when your watching a match in the pub when a bloke enters and stands in front of the TV deciding weather to watch the match or not and then lingers for 5 minutes or so standing around while deciding.

related, people who look through pub windows to check the score then linger for a few minutes watching it.

People who come in when a match is on and ask what the score is or how long is gone, LOOK IN THE CORNER OF THE SCREEN

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

When people write "for ffs" or "ffs sake" instead of just "ffs"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

gammygils wrote: »
    People who constantly ask me the time :eek:

Take out your phone and look at it for fux sake

Or else buy a bloody watch. You can get them for 2 quid now :mad: :mad: :mad:

People who point at their wrist when asking the time, as Billy Connolly said you don't point to you crotch when asking where the bathroom is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

When you go into a small shop and there's only one person who is working on both the deli and the till. When you see that then you're better off turning away. More often than not that person has no clue about hygiene at all.

They will use the same gloves to handle every type of food and then take in your money... and then use those gloves again. Even worse are the people who don't use any gloves at all.

There was a shop a shop in Kilkenny and the woman in there used no gloves when making the food or handling money. See how I used the past tense? She's no longer in business. I'm not saying it was a direct result of her hygiene issues but the people of Kilkenny will be healthier without her shop serving food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People who throw cigarette butts out a car window. I don't know why but it bugs the bejaysus out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People who try to finish my sentences annoys me no end.

Then a woman at work has an awful habit of telling me stories that she's told me before. And I'll say to her ' Yeah, you told me that one' hoping she'll stop. But no, she keeps going and tells them so often, I now know them word for word. They're not even funny or interesting. God help me, I'll rattle her if I've to hear them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Clevelands voice from the Cleveland show.

And robbie keane cart wheeling everytime he scores a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Our microwave has a stop button but my housemate always clicks the button for the door to open, rather than the stop button when taking food out before the time is up.

It pisses me off so much. I feel like it is bad for the microwave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

danslevent wrote: »
    Our toaster has a stop button but my housemate always clicks the button for the door to open, rather than the stop button when taking food out before the time is up.

It pisses me off so much. I feel like it is bad for the microwave!

Quite the fancy toaster... :D:D

Padkir wrote: »
    Quite the fancy toaster... :D:D

My apologies :P It has been amended...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

danslevent wrote: »
    My apologies :P It has been amended...!

Excellent - I genuinely had no idea what was going on in your post until you amended it! :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Excellent - I genuinely had no idea what was going on in your post until you amended it! :D

So glad I amended and the amendment has been made. May all of Boards be at peace.

Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Water splashing up your hole when you drop a dog's egg in the jacks :eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

That's why you pad the water a bit with tissue before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Show how unimaginative you are by exclaiming "Well that escalated quickly" immediately after a succession of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Why would a dog have an egg?? :confused:

That's why you pad the water a bit with tissue before you go.

If dropping multiple dog's eggs however, the first one smashes through the soggy tissue like an armour piercing bullet, leaving the next egg free for some serious hole soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If dropping multiple dog's eggs however, the first one smashes through the soggy tissue like an armour piercing bullet, leaving the next egg free for some serious hole soaking.

Then go to plan B. Aim your hole at the edges of the bowl itself where there's no water so it slows down the egg, causing no splash when it slides into the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Go in the corner and blame the dog

lkionm wrote: »
    Go in the corner and blame the dog
    Haven't got one I'm afraid :(
    I could try blaming the cat but somehow I don't think it would wash :p

I'm not even sure what to make of this post, I mean, how small is your ass that you slide all the way down into the bowl to get that close to the water?

Hover if you must, because if you're torpedoing the bowl like that, Gillian McKeith wants a word with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

People who start sentences with the word "so" e.g., "so I was looking for x so I could do y blah blah..."
    Worse than Hitler, those people are.

Daithi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement