Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'm not even sure what to make of this post, I mean, how small is your ass that you slide all the way down into the bowl to get that close to the water?

Hover if you must, because if you're torpedoing the bowl like that, Gillian McKeith wants a word with you!

Here's the strange thing, in my experience you are much more likely to get a jet of water up your snipper from a small dog egg than from a big one :confused:
    A challenge for the mythbusters maybe?

Anyway I better knock this **** talk on the head now or people will think I'm a re-reg of Fluttering Bantam :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Sitting on piss. Clean the fcking lid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Going into a toilet cubicle in the pub, and realising there's no toilet roll.

Also, going into a cubicle, realising the flush doesn't work and having to leave the Ladies with other women going into that cubicle thinking you're a dirty bish.

It's not my fault! What do you want me to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Reloading a dishwasher, restacking dirty plates when someone puts everything in ar$e ways :mad:

• Advertisement

Also, on another (not so nice note), why oh why do people feel the need to comment on the smell in the toilet after someone's been in there?

We all sh!it, sh!t doesn't smell nice; that's what toilets are FOR.
    Why say anything?

Would you rather we all shat bottles of Chanel no.5?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Men dressing up as women and running in a Woman's mini marathon.

humberklog wrote: »
    Men dressing up as women and running in a Woman's mini marathon.

Men dressing up as women for "the laugh".

I'm NOT talking about transvestites/cross dressers. I'm talking about "the lads" who think it's hilarious to shove a pair of balloons down a top, throw on a wig and badly apply lipstick.
    They barge into the pub to roars of laughter...what exactly is funny?

I don't get it..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

fussyonion wrote: »

I'm NOT talking about transvestites/cross dressers. I'm talking about "the lads" who think it's hilarious to shove a pair of balloons down a top, throw on a wig and badly apply lipstick.

I don't get it..........

Boobs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

As a shop assistant, it drives me nuts when (generally American) customers/browsers, on leaving the shop, reply to the usual 'bye, thank you!' with the noise 'mmm-hmmm'. Ffs, how difficult is it to say 'thanks', 'goodbye', 'thank you', or whatever rather than just making a non-committal little noise?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Girls that see their boyfriends as a cash machine. There is a girl in my circle of friends and she barely speaks to her bf but expects him to buy her drink all night and it really really does my head in. She will get him to buy her drink and then goes to the bar and gets herself some without getting him one. She is working, he is not. He is a fool but he is so in love he doesnt seem to notice.

Really grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When on a day a veteran jockey is left paralysed from the neck down, murder in Dublin [i think] and all the other stuff going on, what makes the front page of the paper? A fecking announcement for a One Direction movie.

Yeah it's a tabloid but come on!

Also, when people hate on the actors in movies/soaps because of who they play in the movie/soap. It's NOT real life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ex friend: I'm going to machupichu next year to help out with cancer thingy.

Me: you've got a cancer...eh...thingy?

Ex friend: No I'm going to fund research.

Me: But you're a bus driver, have you been studying an OU course?

Ex friend: No, I'll go and raise money.

Me: By going to Machupichu? How?

Ex friend: Would you sign up to my sponsor card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

David Hasselhoff. He seems to rear his big thick head in the most irrelevant places and thinks he's somehow relevant to young people.

Would you not just fall off the face of the earth like a good man would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

I don't get it..........

Isn't the entire Northern-Ireland comedy industry based on this premise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If dropping multiple dog's eggs however, the first one smashes through the soggy tissue like an armour piercing bullet, leaving the next egg free for some serious hole soaking.

And also, the padding can bring with it it's own odour problems. If the er...egg is not immediately submerged, the fumes tend to be worse :eek:

humberklog wrote: »
    Ex friend: I'm going to machupichu next year to help out with cancer thingy.

Me: you've got a cancer...eh...thingy?

Ex friend: No I'm going to fund research.

Me: But you're a bus driver, have you been studying an OU course?

Ex friend: No, I'll go and raise money.

Me: By going to Machupichu? How?

Ex friend: Would you sign up to my sponsor card?

A fella in work is always at this ****,
    after the second trip to do "A walk in the Alps" I just said im not funding your ****ing holidays.This was in front of every one in the office.
    He was morto,everyone agreed with me tho.
    strangely he hasnt asked since.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

daithi1970 wrote: »
    People who start sentences with the word "so" e.g., "so I was looking for x so I could do y blah blah..."
    Worse than Hitler, those people are.

Daithi

Godwinning a thread and ending sentences with a verb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

urbanledge wrote: »
    A fella in work is always at this ****,
    after the second trip to do "A walk in the Alps" I just said im not funding your ****ing holidays.This was in front of every one in the office.
    He was morto,everyone agreed with me tho.
    strangely he hasnt asked since.:D

I agree. I think the most ridiculous is the parachute jump. The amount of money they have to raise just to do the jump, and only then will the extra money go to the charity. Why not just do nothing, then all the money people give you can go to the charity?

The last time someone asked me for sponsorship to jump out of a plane, I told them I'd pay them not to jump. It's so dangerous anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Idiots on gumtree OFFERING their services in the job section but feel the need to click the need to click the WANTED heading! U dummy!

Wanted: painter, then proceeds to tell u of his experience.

Just can make job hunting on gumtree very time consuming and annoying!

• Advertisement

jkell061 wrote: »
    Idiots on gumtree OFFERING their services in the job section but feel the need to click the need to click the WANTED heading! U dummy!

Wanted: painter, then proceeds to tell u of his experience.

Just can make job hunting on gumtree very time consuming and annoying!

THIS has been pi*sing me off for ages now!

There's also a guy called Evert/Carlos who posts the same ad every twenty minutes.
    On the one hand, he calls himself Evert, in another post, he's Carlos, with the same ad.

If you're OFFERING your services, put it in OFFERED.

It's sneakiness and sly is what it is and I purposely wouldn't hire a painter if he put his ad in the WANTED section :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

THIS has been pi*sing me off for ages now!

There's also a guy called Evert/Carlos who posts the same ad every twenty minutes.
    On the one hand, he calls himself Evert, in another post, he's Carlos, with the same ad.

If you're OFFERING your services, put it in OFFERED.

It's sneakiness and sly is what it is and I purposely wouldn't hire a painter if he put his ad in the WANTED section :P:P

I know, I can't imagine them being too successful. But I honestly think most of them are that thick that they see 'wanted' and think "uh I want a job so that must be for me because I'm stupid". Sickens my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And also, the padding can bring with it it's own odour problems. If the er...egg is not immediately submerged, the fumes tend to be worse :eek:
    A very valid point. Another downside to the 'nest-egg' method, -ie building a nest from toilet paper in which to lay a dog's egg- is the risk that you use too much toilet paper and cause a blockage. Very :o, especially if it's in work or in somebody's house.

There are also some very real dangers in using the 'dropping some friends off at the poolside' method recommended earlier by Pizzaman- Laying a dog's egg on the side of the bowl means that part or all of the egg might become very attached to its new home and refuse to leave the side even after repeated flushes! it can also leave an undignified telltale mark.

There is also the risk that the dog's egg having hit the side will then fall in at a bad angle, ie lengthways- thereby lodging itself sideways in the toilet and refusing to budge even with many desperate flushes.
    Both of these mishaps will lead once more to some serious :o.

In conclusion it seems you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

When I'm in a really packed crowd/Luas/bus/train and the person next to me is holding a bag that keeps rubbing off my shin.
    Wouldn't bother me as much if they put it down and it was leaning on my foot; I just HATE that bag that keeps swinging slightly with every movement, constantly banging into my leg... (not because it hurts or anything, it just really annoys me for some reason - put the bag down!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People standing on buses/luas with bags on their back!!! Just take up lots of space and swing around and hit people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People using question marks instead of confused smileys, which makes me sound Australian in my mind when I read their posts???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Whenever you go onto YouTube you get a bunch of irritating ******s commenting on old bands, saying **** like; "ZOMG! I wish I was born in that era! All music sucks today! Jajajaja!"

Do these people not realize that pop music that was prevalent on the radio stations also existed in the 80's and 70's? Pompous twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

People who speak loudly on their phones on buses or anywhere public. I don't want to hear your conversation, it's just not on that I have to turn up my music even more to block it out, in return probably annoying other people around me. Grrrr

People who say 'aunt'. That one just gets to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People who speak loudly on their phones on buses or anywhere public. I don't want to hear your conversation, it's just not on that I have to turn up my music even more to block it out.

People who say 'aunt'. That one just gets to me. :pac:

What do you call your aunts? "She-uncles?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

What do you call your aunts? "She-uncles?"

I thought it was "cùnt" after getting auto-corrected :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement