Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

dutopia wrote: »
    When people say "ATM Machine" instead of just "ATM".

That was the point of the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

My wife puts the jax roll on the wrong (imo) way round.

In a civilised society it should spill gracefully over the top. Not hang from the back.

When people say "ATM Machine" instead of just "ATM".

Folk on newstalk with their "twitter machine"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Hate it when you're eating and the waiter comes over and asks if everything's OK for you - always when you have a mouthful of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hate it when you're eating and the waiter comes over and asks if everything's OK for you - always when you have a mouthful of food.

It's worse when they are over every two minutes. Come over just after the food comes, then leave me the fcuk alone for a while. If I need something after that, I'll get your attention.

I know they are probably told to do it, but it's still annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

People who don't leave a space after a comma or period,like this.Annoying.

People who call fullstops "periods". I don't say "the missus is in awful form, she's on her fullstop"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ronjo

People who call fullstops "periods". I don't say "the missus is in awful form, she's on her fullstop"

Don't you mean people who are cleverer than you? :pac:

ronjo wrote: »
    Don't you mean people who are cleverer than you? :pac:
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭ronjo

?

Ah if I have to explain it then its not even funny in my own head ! :)

Good man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Footballers that do the heart shape sign with their hands that teenagers do, when they celebrate scoring a goal, Gareth bale being a recurring offender, dont know why but it annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

People who call their children really Irish names, yet they don't have a word of Irish themselves. I once made the mistake of saying this to an offenders face. She wasn't best pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When posting youtube videos or quoting another poster on the touch site and you forget the slash in the BBCode so it posts all wrong! Especially with multiple quotes and you miss one or two slashes! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

When someone has parked like a dickhead, and the only space left is right beside them. You squeeze in beside them, they leave and you look like you can't park to save your life :mad:

When you break your favourite pair of shoes because you're a clumsy idiot who insists on walking everywhere in your favourite shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Boards usernames with underscores. You can have spaces between the words!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Czarcasm wrote: »
    When posting youtube videos or quoting another poster on the touch site and you forget the slash in the BBCode so it posts all wrong! Especially with multiple quotes and you miss one or two slashes! :(

delete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Assbags on ebay who buy it now But don't pay for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Dolbert wrote: »
    When someone has parked like a dickhead, and the only space left is right beside them. You squeeze in beside them, they leave and you look like you can't park to save your life :mad:

How do you know the person you think has parked like a dickhead wasn't faced with the same conundrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

unichick wrote: »
    People who call their children really Irish names, yet they don't have a word of Irish themselves. I once made the mistake of saying this to an offenders face. She wasn't best pleased.

You don't have to speak Irish to call your child an Irish name.

• Advertisement

When people say 'the' instead of 'my' when talking about family, e.g. the wife/the husband/the sister/the brother/the father/the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

well I didn't know that when I was signing up... :(

You don't have to speak Irish to call your child an Irish name.

Yes you do, every time you address them.

/pedantic pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

People asking for change for a hostel.

My housemate has an incredibly annoying habit. I only go the kitchen / living room area when I want to eat something.

Whenever I go there and make something to eat I can hear him coming down the stairs, and he just stands there and waits for me to finish rather than sitting down, watching TV until I'm finished. All I can think in my head when this happens is "B*tch, just go back up to your f*cking room, or sit the f*ck down and watch TV, because you standing there watching me cook/wash up is both creepy and annoying.

Also, he always leaves bits of food, like the outside papery layer of onion, all over the kitchen floor and on the cooker..

It's incredibly annoying.

Of course, me being the non-confrontational wimp that I am, I never say anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

well I didn't know that when I was signing up... :(

We better avoid Moo so then, AF ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Spammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

When you have finished working in a dirty dusty environment,
    even with a dust mask invariably there is a build up of dried snots in the nasal passage.
    A good oul pick is required, but some are stubborn little feckers and just roll about inside
    despite your best efforts. After a while you swap to the other nostril only to have the
    stubborn bástard stick to your finger and be introduced as extra snot in nostril number 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Sinks with separate hot and cold taps where the water in the cold tap is piped straight from the Arctic ocean and the water in the hot tap is piped from the deepest depths of hell! And then to wash your hand you have to constantly keep juggling between the two taps to avoid getting frost bite one way and getting your skin scalded the other... Why can't people install those mixer taps and make life simpler for everyone?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh :confused:

What about "all over the camp"?

a messy camp will attract bears

Asking for trouble

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement