Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Traffic splits into two lanes? Don't know which one you want? Sure just plonk yourself straight in the middle of the two, be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

summerskin wrote: »
    I take my young daughter to the park all the time and never get any funny looks. I often see other fathers there with their children too.

Yeah, same as. That sounds like a hell of a lot of projecting right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yeah, same as. That sounds like a hell of a lot of projecting right there.

Pfft, I know a guy who was asked to leave the playground because he was 'looking at the children'. When he challenged this the woman who asked him to leave said he was making her uncomfortable. And all because he was watching to make sure his daughter was safe in the playground.

That's projecting, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Quandary

When getting a sandwich in a deli and the onion is lazily chopped.

I love onion, but chomping down on half-golfball sized lumps is unpleasant :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

inane conversations when getting a haircut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Pfft, I know a guy who was asked to leave the playground because he was 'looking at the children'. When he challenged this the woman who asked him to leave said he was making her uncomfortable. And all because he was watching to make sure his daughter was safe in the playground.

Jeez some people are insane. As if any paedophile is gonna be looking for kids in a playground in daylight anyway. Sadly they are far more calculating and sneaky. Should have pointed out to her that, statistically at least, her paranoia would have been better served directed at family members.

Quandary wrote: »
    When getting a sandwich in a deli and the onion is lazily chopped.

I love onion, but chomping down on half-golfball sized lumps is unpleasant :mad:

When you're eating an egg sambo and have managed to detach yourself from the fact that its like a chickens well...ovum :( and its quite tasty and then you spot a red fleck on a piece of the white. Bleurgh.... Gag :pac:

Oh and on the park thing, people who keep their kids locked up indoors all winter with an xbox while dog walkers brave the elements and stand in the local park being lashed and wind beaten so that the dog can exercise...them come summer they all trump in with the little darlings and give you dirty looks cause you are there with a dog, or glare at you while she is doing her business lest you dare not clean it. I always clean up after mine but I swear some people actually want you to try catch it as it falls or something. You can't even get 10 seconds grace before the looks start lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Naraka

It drives me nuts when people call items by a brand name, like when people call their runners their 'Nikes' etc. I spotted it a lot when I worked in the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I take my young daughter to the park all the time and never get any funny looks. I often see other fathers there with their children too.

Ah no it wouldn't happen with any regularity or anything, but it's happened a few times alright like when I had dropped my wife off at the airport and the child was bawling his eyes out because he couldn't go with her. We got on the bus and the female driver was asking all sorts of questions before she gave me our tickets. I understood WHY she was doing it, commendable in itself, but fcuk me that was one awkward 25 mile bus trip and she glancing back in the mirror every so often at the inconsolable child! I was surprised she didn't have the Gardai waiting at our stop! :pac:

Things went from bad to worse when I figured while my wife was away I'd take him down to one of those indoor amusement places with the ballpark and slides... Jaysus, I was lucky I brought a newspaper so I could fend off the glares off some of the women there!

Actually the park was the only place where nobody seemed to give a shìte! :D

Couple of years ago in Dunnes Stores alright there were a few raised eyebrows of onlookers when he misbehaved and I picked him up, lobbed him over my shoulder and walked out! I figured I wasn't too concerned what they thought, taking the child out of the situation was the priority!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

People using hashtags on #facebook #really annoying

People using facebook in a crowded college library when exam / assignment time is looming and computer facilities are already scarce. These are usually people doing arts degrees who have nothing better to do.

People who write on another person's wall "PM chick xoxox" Really annoys me, Christ, the recipient can damn well already see she has a pm :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

People who don't let you merge into lanes and would rather drag race you down the road shoving you onto the cycle lane/hardshoulder than let you in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ah no it wouldn't happen with any regularity or anything, but it's happened a few times alright like when I had dropped my wife off at the airport and the child was bawling his eyes out because he couldn't go with her. We got on the bus and the female driver was asking all sorts of questions before she gave me our tickets. I understood WHY she was doing it, commendable in itself, but fcuk me that was one awkward 25 mile bus trip and she glancing back in the mirror every so often at the inconsolable child! I was surprised she didn't have the Gardai waiting at our stop! :pac:

Things went from bad to worse when I figured while my wife was away I'd take him down to one of those indoor amusement places with the ballpark and slides... Jaysus, I was lucky I brought a newspaper so I could fend off the glares off some of the women there!

Actually the park was the only place where nobody seemed to give a shìte! :D

Couple of years ago in Dunnes Stores alright there were a few raised eyebrows of onlookers when he misbehaved and I picked him up, lobbed him over my shoulder and walked out! I figured I wasn't too concerned what they thought, taking the child out of the situation was the priority!

This happened to me in tesco when my daughter was 2 I lived with my mum and dad so she got mixed up calling my mum mama,

I went down a different ailse with her and she started crying mama looking for my mum so I was like im your mama silly until this women glaring at me she followed me a few aisles until I said that I was her mum has she got a problem she just huffed and walked away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Also people who spk like tha...

Never once in my life have I seen anything like that. You must live in a very paranoid neighbourhood.

Czarcasm wrote: »

Tbf, that's a pretty regular occurrence and has happened to every parent at some point. People are going to stare at the child and parent, man and woman, no matter what.

Trivial? When you don't have time for dinner before you've to go to college, my wife asks me do I want some of her chips before I go, so I grabbed a handful running out the door...

Near choked on it! The girl sure does like vinegar on her chips, whereas me I can't stand vinegar and I'm not allowed salt.

I'm convinced she's trying to bump me off! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

That new republic of loose song is an abomination. sounds like some drunk 40 year old who can't sing making it up as he goes along while his halfwit brothers mangle the instruments.

I genuinely thought it was a gift grub sketch or something the first time i heard it.

Thought republic of loose was a telly show. Had a quick youtube there.. I recognise most of their shíte as background noise, without ever having noticed i was listening to them over the years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

women doing their "power walking" who seem incapable of keeping their arms in a straight line, and instead have to do an impression of a pair of windscreen wipers, making it impossible for you to get past them without walking out onto the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 biancab

People who are too lazy to speak or spell properly.
    Some of the most irritating things I have heard...
    must of ? don`t you mean must have?
    The use of there, their and they`re,
    and the real clincher Am`nt I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Pessimist

Being asked to enter my "PIN Number"... at the "ATM Machine"!

Oops see this was posted already. But it is very annoying:-)

When people quote a post and write a short, meaningless yet dismissive comment underneath, e.g. "Rubbish", "Nonsense". As though that's actually making a point.

Regardless of what the quoted post was about, I almost always decide to take that side of the argument just so I can try to annoy the "Rubbish" person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pessimist wrote: »
    Being asked to enter my "PIN Number"... at the "ATM Machine"!

Oops see this was posted already. But it is very annoying:-)

I'm sorry but I just, I just don't get it. How can entering you pin at an atm be annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

gufc21 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I just, I just don't get it. How can entering you pin at an atm be annoying?
    PIN is an achronym for 'personal identification number' therefore being asked for a 'personal identification number' number, is for some, annoying.
    Automated Teller Machine machine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

gufc21 wrote: »

PIN= personal identification number
    ATM = automatic teller machine

It's repetitive to say PIN number and ATM machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

PIN= personal identification number
    ATM = automatic teller machine

It's repetitive to say PIN number and ATM machine.

sad

women doing their "power walking" who seem incapable of keeping their arms in a straight line, and instead have to do an impression of a pair of windscreen wipers, making it impossible for you to get past them without walking out onto the road.

I don't mind having to step out on the road to get around them tbh. I got too close to a power walker once when I was intending to pass her and she hit me a back slap in the nads by accident.

She wasn't even aware I was behind her and she apologised for it but luckily it wasn't hard enough to do any damage (the slap I mean, not... :pac:).

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When people quote a post and write a short, meaningless yet dismissive comment underneath, e.g. "Rubbish", "Nonsense". As though that's actually making a point.

Regardless of what the quoted post was about, I almost always decide to take that side of the argument just so I can try to annoy the "Rubbish" person.

Rubbish

when people ruin your thread thinking there "HILARIOUS" just to get thanks wrecks my head! theres always a smarthole!

• Advertisement

Also when people sneeze and dont cover there nose you can see every little germ flying into the air!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement