Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

hollster2 wrote: »
    Also when people sneeze and dont cover there nose you can see every little germ flying into the air!:eek:

That reminds me- people who foam at the mouth when they're talking- say it, don't spray it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Czarcasm wrote: »
    That reminds me- people who foam at the mouth when they're talking- say it, don't spray it! :(

ah I hate that and when its all stringy hanging from one lip to the other barf! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

when people ruin your thread thinking there "HILARIOUS" just to get thanks wrecks my head! theres always a smarthole!

What's a smarthole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Also when people sneeze and dont cover there nose you can see every little germ flying into the air!:eek:

Also when someone sneezes in your face and then say they have bird flu , that pisses me off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Reading a post somewhere just there and I remembered how much the misuse of the word "exponentially" annoys me.

It does not mean fast! :mad:

• Advertisement

Reading a post somewhere just there and I remembered how much the misuse of the word "exponentially" annoys me.

It does not mean fast! :mad:

Perhaps they were thinking of "expediently"?

As in:

That escalated exponentially expediently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Weird length stairs like on the haepenny bridge, you have to take one or two normal steps and then a stupid little mini-step. I feel like a toddler learning to walk every time I cross it.

People using emoticons in posts on boards.

It comes across as passive aggressive and dickish 100% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

People using emoticons in posts on boards.

It comes across as passive aggressive and dickish 100% of the time.

:rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

People who walk up to a pedestrian crossing, press the button and then cross when they see that traffic is some distance away. Then motorists have to stop for no reason.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

being uncle badgers drop in unexpectedly and leave your kids off creche, while you go out drinking, i dont mind doing it the odd time, but doing it on short notice,as in not being told untill the very last minute that im minding your kid for the night and have to entertain them is a bit of a selfish move, but im fond of my nephews and nieces so i dont mind really, they are great kids :)

When you're in the bath, trying to have five minutes to yourself, and then somebody calls looking to call up...

Made even more annoying by the fact I've just realised BOTH my legs have gone dead. The last time something like this happened I flopped out of the bath like a drunken seal, took the shower down with me and broke the toilet bowl when I smacked my head off it :pac:

Here goes noth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

biancab wrote: »
    People who are too lazy to speak or spell properly.
    Some of the most irritating things I have heard...
    must of ? don`t you mean must have?
    The use of there, their and they`re,
    and the real clincher Am`nt I

That's not laziness, it's very common Hiberno English.
    It also follows the pattern of conjugating the verb "to be:"

You aren't - aren't you
    He isn't - isn't he
    They aren't - aren't they

The only reason "I amn't" and "amn't I?" aren't considered "proper" is because they sounded too "vulgar" for some tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Wind chimes really bug me. I don't see what people find so relaxing about them. I've got a virus at the moment so I'm hot one minute and freezing the next. Whenever I open the bedroom window I'e got to listen to the neighbours wind chimes rattling away. I couldn't even put in ear plugs during the week as I was expecting a package to be delivered and didn't want to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,301 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

'GET IN THE HOLE!', especially when it's for the tee-shot on a par 5 or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

When people say"yo-yo" instead of Euro...

It wasnt funny in 2002 and it's still not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

'GET IN THE HOLE!', especially when it's for the tee-shot on a par 5 or something...

Or at rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

When your knees are on top of each other when lying on your side in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The fact that everyone has just given up on figuring out the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. So bloody lazy and ignorant.

stoneill wrote: »

Isn't hat a choice you make?

• Advertisement

Isn't that a choice you make?

Footoo wrote: »
    Isn't hat a choice you make?

No - it's serendipity or happenstance.

Footoo wrote: »
    Isn't that a choice you make?

I just told you - it's serendipity or happenstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Housemates that want as many lights on as possible - instead of turning on a lamp they turn on the huge, bright ceiling lights to sit there and watch TV. Then, when they leave the room they don't turn the lights off.

In the gym, no matter which locker I choose, I'd say 8 times out of 10 when I come back to it at the end some aul lad is there sitting right in front of it, often in the nip chatting to a mate of his and in no hurry to get dressed.

When people park with no consideration for any other cars whatsoever. I had to get in the passenger side of my car once because of some complete and utter idiot.

Irish football fans that live and breathe English football clubs, especially Man Utd supporters that say "we" whenever they're talking about the team, as if they themselves are an integral part of it.

When people get uncomfortably close for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Pillow between your legs solves this and it's actually supposed to be very good for blood flow IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Knobs who go round shouting Tiocfaidh ar la and yet work in England.Same can be said about the muppets who wear Premier league jerseys and who shout the same crap,just die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People who don't seem to have mastered how to work a door handle and repeatedly slam the door until it eventually closes.Posh gits with fancy cars that park between two spaces so nobody can park beside them.

Just got an e-mail there from a guy with a quotation for some work I need done. I think boards has turned me into a pure pedant. Before, a tradesman's spelling wouldn't have bothered me, but when you get a mail with "whit (tradesman's standards organisation) sert" on it, and down the bottom, the default signature-

"Sent from my iPhone"

So much wrong. Firstly the fact that I expected the quotation sent as an attachment, then the lazy spelling, the lazy signature.

I mean, if they're that careless with an e-mail, I can't expect their work to be that much better. You can buy an iphone, but you can't buy professionalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Women doing their makeup on public transport. I'm not talking about a touch up, I'm talking about start to finish. There's a girl in front of me who's just painted herself orange!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement