Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

Americans calling themselves 'Irish' when their last Irish ancestor was some great great great grandfather.

I get it, you want to be different from all the other Americans. Maybe consider taking up knitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Someone behind me beeping the horn at a busy junction or roundabout, its not as if I can just drive out in front of a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

Someone behind me beeping the horn at a busy junction or roundabout, its not as if I can just drive out in front of a car.
    Ah yes yes you can, waiting expecting some one to let you out is futile, sometimes you have to bully your way out, be brave, there's a good girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

People who block a roundabout! Namely the Balinteer Road one beside the M50 at around 8.30 every weekday morning!

Every morning its a case of me staring at a car thinking;

"Is he/she going to do it.......he's not....it's ok.....oh jesus!!!!!" followed by beeping and cursing at some moron who is staring straight ahead like nothings happening.

This has improved my skill of beeping and steering at the same time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Ah yes yes you can, waiting expecting some one to let you out is futile, sometimes you have to bully your way out, be brave, there's a good girl.

You sound like a foolish 17 year old on his first provisional license.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My Son's baby book.. beautifully laid out but who ever decided that the paper should be so shiny needs shooting... or at least reprimanding.

All the lovely, well thought out messages I've been writing to my little guy are all smudged :mad: :(

He's going to think I was just a messy cow :(

Damn you Anne Geddes!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

xzanti wrote: »
    My Son's baby book.. beautifully laid out but who ever decided that the paper should be so shiny needs shooting... or at least reprimanding.

All the lovely, well thought out messages I've been writing to my little guy are all smudged :mad: :(

He's going to think I was just a messy cow :(

Damn you Anne Geddes!!!!!

Nah xanti, he'll be too busy turning your stomach shoving the umbilical cord bit in your face every time he opens the god damn book!

All the cutesy in his booties photos and the long winded stories (that my wife wrote, I swear! :pac:), and what's the most fascinating part for him? The frickin' umbilical cord bit :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thank God I'm not the only loon who kept that :pac:

How old is your Son??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

When people quote a post and simply reply

This

Not sure why but it really gets my back up. If you have nothing else to add I don't give a bollox to be honest

Also when people use IMHO. I mean just fúck off

I know someone is going to reply just saying "This"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

People who indicate to turn right, but fail to move to the right hand side of their side of the load, thus stopping people passing them on the inside.

The really annoying thing is that these tend to be the same people that need a written invitation to turn right, even if the nearest approaching car is miles down the road, is a three-wheeler & travelling at 5MPH, they will wait until the road is absolutely 100% clear until attempting to turn right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Felexicon wrote: »

This

Not sure why but it really gets my back up. If you have nothing else to add I don't give a bollox to be honest

This

You're Damn Right....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Kenno90 wrote: »
    This

You're Damn Right....
    Knew this would happen

Check out the ghost text

Felexicon wrote: »

This

I'm the very same- Boards.ie and some other fora I frequent are supposed to be discussion sites, where people discuss topics and are supposed to offer their opinion. That's why the "thanks" button for me at least is tiresome and useless, along with the +1 and the "This".

All of the above lazy acknowledgements of approval foster a validation seeking culture where people will then offer not their true opinion, but the one they think will garner them the most approval acknowledgements or validation.

A person should be confident enough in their own opinion to be able to let it stand on it's own merit, not just peddling someone else's regurgitated opinions with a +1 or a like, or a thanks, or whatever validation system is in place, or even quoting the whole post and just replying with "This".

xzanti wrote: »
    Thank God I'm not the only loon who kept that :pac:

How old is your Son??

Oh he's eight now xanti, but I just have this awful mental image of a "Meet the Fokkers" moment when he's older and my wife pulls out the baby book! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

People who indicate to turn right, but fail to move to the right hand side of their side of the load, thus stopping people passing them on the inside.

The really annoying thing is that these tend to be the same people that need a written invitation to turn right, even if the nearest approaching car is miles down the road, is a three-wheeler & travelling at 5MPH, they will wait until the road is absolutely 100% clear until attempting to turn right.
    Try people that don't indicate at all, specially at roundabouts. Castlebar has a few roundabouts and if you were to stand there a while and watch the traffic (while waiting for a life to come along, obviously!), then you'd be amazed by the sheer ineptitude of a lot of car drivers out there. What do they think the indicators are on a car for? I'm sorry, but it REALLY does annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

blueser wrote: »
    Try people that don't indicate at all, specially at roundabouts. Castlebar has a few roundabouts and if you were to stand there a while and watch the traffic (while waiting for a life to come along, obviously!), then you'd be amazed by the sheer ineptitude of a lot of car drivers out there. What do they think the indicators are on a car for? I'm sorry, but it REALLY does annoy me.

To be honest I won't indicate if there's no cars behind me or on the other side of the road waiting at a junction. Bad habit I suppose but I've got plenty of worse ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    To be honest I won't indicate if there's no cars behind me or on the other side of the road waiting at a junction. Bad habit I suppose but I've got plenty of worse ones.

What about pedestrians and cyclists, and cars you can't see at that particular moment but which might appear quickly?

What about pedestrians and cyclists, and cars you can't see at that particular moment but which might appear quickly?

Nope - hate pedestrians, cyclists and ghost cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Why not? Fine, there's no traffic to warn what your intentions are but it is the law AFAIK. As you yourself said, it's a bad habit that you (along with countless others) have. And yes; I do sound like a BOF!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

People who double click on a hyperlink on a website.

People who search for Google in the Google Chrome address bar (which has a Google search engine built into it) with the intention of using Google to search for something.

• Advertisement

YouTube ads with no "Skip Ad" opportunity. I'd rather refresh my page 100 times than watch your obnoxious ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

YouTube ads with no "Skip Ad" opportunity. I'd rather refresh my page 100 times than watch your obnoxious ad.
    Install adblock plus,no more ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

So very many things annoy me, but here are the latest ones:

1. How internet culture has gone so mainstream. Now every twat with an iphone thinks they're an authority on ''loike, funny pictures on the internet and stuff'' (i.e. memes) because they discovered fookin' Grumpy Cat two weeks ago. They're the same people who would've looked at you like you had two heads if you mentioned ''lolcats'' a couple of years ago, and thought anybody who contributed to a forum was an anti-social neckbeard ( come on, that's only really 90% of us;) ). I also loathe hack tabloids decrying 'trolls' without having a clue about the actual meaning of the word.

2. American Apparel. I've yet to see any clothing in there that looks flattering on man or woman, and the smugness that radiates out of the place can be felt streets away.It's like they raided the cast of Saved By the Bell's wardrobe and jacked up the price. Surely, the 90s is a fashion decade we could do without re-visiting.

3. Look, I'm not even a driver and this irritates me so much. Why do dumb-ass pedestrians and cyclists always try and get across O'Connell Bridge to Westmoreland Street while the lights are still red? Can you not wait, what, a whole ten seconds? Do you just have to run in front of that moving bus because you're so super-special important?!? Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Was studying today so forgive the nerdishness of both of these!

When you open the tippex to use it and that horrible crusty bit falls on your page.

When you tippex something out, think it's dry and go to write over it, only to find out it's still soft and just digs into it, not writing properly and getting stuck to the end of your pen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

internet hipsters.. "that meme is sooooooo 2012."

Padkir wrote: »
    Was studying today so forgive the nerdishness of both of these!

When you open the tippex to use it and that horrible crusty bit falls on your page.

When you tippex something out, think it's dry and go to write over it, only to find out it's still soft and just digs into it, not writing properly and getting stuck to the end of your pen!

Never, ever saw the sense in using tippex, I'd honestly rather have a few crossed out lines on the page as opposed to clumps of that stuff.

aSligoDub wrote: »
    internet hipsters.. "that meme is sooooooo 2012."

Hipsters of all kinds, hate them all equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 beepop

People who watch geordie shore... Get a life!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

beepop wrote: »
    People who watch geordie shore... Get a life!

On that note, a mate of mine watches it and he started saying he was "absolutely mortal last night", instead of locked etc.
    A quick slap from all of us quickly put a stop to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

El Guapo! wrote: »
    On that note, a mate of mine watches it and he started saying he was "absolutely mortal last night", instead of locked etc.
    A quick slap from all of us quickly put a stop to that.

Drink is a depressant and maybe his inebriation had caused a deep period of introspection resulting in his awareness of his own mortality.

Your slapping may have driven him into a deep shame spiral, for shame

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement