Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

The realisation this morning that I have basically wasted hundreds if not thousands of euro on Luas fare. This morning was only the 5th time I was checked for my ticket in nearly 10 years of using the thing, and I've been usung it near enough every working day.

The fines I'd have had to pay for not showing my ticket each time I've been asked would have been considerably less then all the money I poured into the Luas machine over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

dub_skav wrote: »
    Drink is a depressant and maybe his inebriation had caused a deep period of introspection resulting in his awareness of his own mortality.

Your slapping may have driven him into a deep shame spiral, for shame

Nah. He's just your run of the mill idiot.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

You sound like a foolish 17 year old on his first provisional license.
    You sound like a granny, who sits there waiting/nah expecting other people to know your intentions, for all they know maybe you enjoy sitting there looking like a plank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    To be honest I won't indicate if there's no cars behind me or on the other side of the road waiting at a junction. Bad habit I suppose but I've got plenty of worse ones.
    Shure as long as you know where you're going that's all the matters:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

The "Irish" Independent.

Oh, I have to give a reason, do I? Ok.

What the hell do they have against using fadas in Irish words ? They never use them. I'm not some hardcore Gaelgeoir, it just looks completely stupid. It’s always ‘gardai’ and never ‘gardaí’.
    It’s funny because when I was younger I always remember the Irish Times was seen as a Protestant (and therefore not properly Irish) paper, yet they always spell Irish words correctly.

Here's an example of what I mean (those of you with sensitive eyes might want to look away):

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/ta-eagla-orm-ahead-of-gaelscoil-grilling-28819448.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Lucena wrote: »
    The "Irish" Independent.
    How did that "writer" manage to get a job? Pure gibberish. A dyslexic orang-utan on yokes would do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Aglomerado wrote: »
    How did that "writer" manage to get a job? Pure gibberish. A dyslexic orang-utan on yokes would do better than that.

The Irish Independent seems to have a rising number of "journalsits" whose "articles" are just non-sensical ramblings about their daily lives that would barely be suitable for ordinary, every day conversation with their friends, let alone a national publication.

I remember reading one before where some girl in her 20s (referring to herself and her peers as the "Celtic Cubs") who moved to London wrote about her experiences at her friend's birthday party. How does any editor allow this kind of irrelevant rubbish to be published?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

People who have a picture of their child/dog/cat as their profile picture on facebook, just seems silly to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    The Irish Independent seems to have a rising number of "journalsits" whose "articles" are just non-sensical ramblings about their daily lives that would barely be suitable for ordinary, every day conversation with their friends, let alone a national publication.

I remember reading one before where some girl in her 20s (referring to herself and her peers as the "Celtic Cubs") who moved to London wrote about her experiences at her friend's birthday party. How does any editor allow this kind of irrelevant rubbish to be published?
    Dont forget Alison, if they printed her any drooling fcukwit can have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

People who have an account on facebook, just seems silly to me.
    Fixed!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Aglomerado wrote: »
    . A dyslexic orang-utan on yokes
    Sounds like my kind of party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

People who have a picture of their child/dog/cat as their profile picture on facebook, just seems silly to me.
    Cars are the worst, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

blueser wrote: »
    Fixed!

:D

I can't help but agree with you there, well played! Only reason I still haven't deleted it (again) is to keep in contact with friends abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭wintersolstice

People who go to ALDI on a Thursday,which is their Specials Day,and buy two items and then expect to be let go ahead of someone with a trolleyload at the checkout.WHY would you go to ALDI for one or two things when you know it's going to be full of trolleys?A lady was ahead of me today with marmalade and milk and muttering that the lady ahead of her should have let her through first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

People who stick a butter knife into anything e.g. My jam haaaate butter trivial to some people but ww3 in my house also don't stir my tea with the sugar spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

Wire coat hangers. I hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Mariasofia wrote: »
    People who stick a butter knife into anything e.g. My jam haaaate butter trivial to some people but ww3 in my house also don't stir my tea with the sugar spoon.
    I want to say "There must be a lot of spoons in your house", but I'm worried the pejorative slang, spoon, hasn't been used in two decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

humbert wrote: »
    I want to say "There must be a lot of spoons in your house", but I'm worried the pejorative slang, spoon, hasn't been used in two decades.

Just meant I can taste if it's been used... Anyone who doesn't take sugar in their tea catches my drift.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I hate the way some people (mostly Americans) use the present tense when they should be using the past tense. Eg., "I am walking towards the door, I am opening it. At this point, I am really scared", when they should have said "I walked towards the door, I opened it. At this point, I was really scared". You hear it on documentaries all the time, grrr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Someone behind me beeping the horn at a busy junction or roundabout, its not as if I can just drive out in front of a car.

If you're stopped at a red light, and as soon as it turns green some shytebag behind you is beeping their horn. Michael Douglas in Falling Down. That's how I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

The drivel being posted in the Boston Bomb thread on Conspiracy forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

People that let trivia things annoy them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

My pet computer hate is when I inadvertently open a tab in a new window in Firefox: wish I knew what did this so I could avoid it.

It's sites themselves that can dictate this functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 happytina

nothing worse than sitting at lights and when they go green the front driver dont move... HELLO stop picking your nose lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You're holding a meeting or a days training and stragglers rock in late with a cup of coffee in their hands.

Kindly GTFO, you obviously don't care to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

current complaint of mine are people who keep grabbing hold of the wheelchair handles whilst am sat in it and then pushing it where they decide am going to go,fcuk off am in the middle of concentrating on the laptop,seriously need to electrify the damn handles.

it makes sense for some people who are more security concious,there are a good few individuals on fb who are copying profile pictures of people and making their own identity out of it,by sticking up a photo of tiddles,rover,or a young one from their human litter it makes it less likely they are going to end up having someone duplicating them on fb.
    they also may just prefer tiddles,rover or little jamie/samantha to seeing a profile shot of themselves pissed up or duck facing at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

One thing that irritates the fcuk out of me is when you have a pedestrian crossing zone (not a zebra crossing) at a relatively quiet narrow town/city centre street and you see dopes needlessly pressing the button for the green man, thus stopping all traffic for a period after they've crossed the road.

You see it all the time - fookers hammering the sh!te out of the button even when there is no oncoming traffic. Fair enough if the street is actually busy or the pedestrian is elderly, infirm, has a buggy etc. But there should be a special place in hell for those who nonchalantly rock up to the crossing, smack the button a few times and stroll across the road in their own good time.

Urge to kill rising...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Scruffles wrote: »
    current complaint of mine are people who keep grabbing hold of the wheelchair handles whilst am sat in it and then pushing it where they decide am going to go,fcuk off am in the middle of concentrating on the laptop, seriously need to electrify the damn handles.

*sniggers*, my kinda girl :D

There's a way you could do that, by attaching a pair of defibrulator pads to the handles, you'd shock them unconscious, then start them up again with another shock... I'd probably amuse myself for hours at that craic! :pac:

Something I noticed lately that's rather annoying- how I'm finding myself strangely attracted to the "emille sande" quiff on girls, and the side-shave... God it's horrible but, I dunno... Weird! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

People who give instructions who either don't give you the required detail such as: Have you seen a form? In an office where at any one time there is 100s of different forms out.

Or don't bother to finish the instruction : can you put these numbers? and walks off.

Also people who ask questions that they know I woudldn't be able to answer ie My son is moving to China, where should he buy his mobile phone there? Bearing in mind I have never been in China.

All these questions have been asked by my boss today. I really wish he would think before he asks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Miaireland wrote: »
    People who give instructions who either don't give you the required detail such as: Have you seen a form? In an office where at any one time there is 100s of different forms out.

Or don't bother to finish the instruction : can you put these numbers? and walks off.

Also people who ask questions that they know I woudldn't be able to answer ie My son is moving to China, where should he buy his mobile phone there? Bearing in mind I have never been in China.

All these questions have been asked by my boss today. I really wish he would think before he asks

Ohh god yes! Nothing irritates me worse than somebody who doesn't care for communication. It's not hard, and it saves a world of headaches.

Also, the sheer amount of duplication of paperwork that could be saved by implementing an efficient centralised, cloud based database management system never ceases to amaze me, bureaucracy at it's best.

Often times I find people completely resistant to change, not just to a more efficient way of working, but working smarter, and getting more work done in the same time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement