Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When a tiny ridge or bump in the footpath causes you to do a big dramatic trip, arms flail like mad and you lurch forward violently. People always see you doing it too. Walk on red faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

People STOPPING at roundabouts when there is nothing on or near the roundabout it pisses me off big time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

When you slam the door of the car shut but the seatbelt has stayed extended and the door slams on it, not shutting. The clank sound goes through me!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

newmug wrote: »
    I hate the way some people (mostly Americans) use the present tense when they should be using the past tense. Eg., "I am walking towards the door, I am opening it. At this point, I am really scared", when they should have said "I walked towards the door, I opened it. At this point, I was really scared". You hear it on documentaries all the time, grrr!!!

I hate the American use of the past tense. "If I would have known" "If you would have said something" "If she would have come with me"
    Agh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Padkir wrote: »
    Was studying today so forgive the nerdishness of both of these!

When you open the tippex to use it and that horrible crusty bit falls on your page.

When you tippex something out, think it's dry and go to write over it, only to find out it's still soft and just digs into it, not writing properly and getting stuck to the end of your pen!

I'm going to go one up on you and say that I hate it when I write over the Tippex and the colour of the ink changes. I especially hate when I write over it using something other than a ball point pen.

The ink just glides over the Tippex and I end up having to take out a a ball point and write letter/s again.

The moral is to never make mistakes when writing. Tippex can be more trouble than it's worth :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Has this not made it to ireland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I hate how voting on a poll reverts you back to the first page of the thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭Albert E. Arkwright

Leo Varadkar, Phil Hogan, and Charlene McKenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭riaganach

Let's see, where to begin:

Tailgaters: dangerous and not quite trivial!

People using the incorrect lanes on roundabouts - and the people who designed the road markings. Not sure whom I despise more.

Commuter traffic jams - what a waste of time!

People who look at their watches when they want to leave a conversation- thinks that's out of fashion or I've become a more interesting conversationalist.

When I mix up your and you're in a text/email. Mortifying! Sometimes I send a second text to apologise for abusing the language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

On After Hours, the second or third post of a thread is usually along the lines of 'Cue (topic) joke in a desperate bid to get thanks' which is really just a desperate bid by that person to get thanks. That's annoying.

The other annoying reply is the 'Thinly veiled "I've got a (topic)" thread'. Whatever chance of that ever being funny disappeared after the 60th time of reading it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

People who put their username at the bottom of a post.
    We know who you are, it's at the side of the screen ffs

Felexicon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

Felexicon wrote: »
    People who put their username at the bottom of a post.
    We know who you are, it's at the side of the screen ffs

Felexicon

That never bothered me till i saw on of the janitors who sign off his/her posts as "Cordially, <name>"

And when he/she's in janitor mode, its

"Moderately, <name>"

Christ above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

People who, having heard it used in conversation, tell you to stop using the phrase "rule of thumb" because it refers to an ancient English law that a man may not beat his wife with a rod thicker than his thumb.

No, it really, really, really fcuking doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭riaganach

Using the construct: 'beg the question'.
    I know it's frequently misused and that it sounds correct, but knowing the correct usage, it gives me heartburn to hear it improperly used.

Few more bad ones here too:
    https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors

I'm finding this thread wonderfully cathartic....!

People saying 'endemic' when they mean 'epidemic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

1, Sunglasses. I can't see your fu@kin' eyes when you're talking to me.

2, Women with smallish faces with huge sunglasses which make them look like pinheads.

3, Personal trainers. I cannot provide a sensible explanation, just don't like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Quandary

The idea of a "Life Coach"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

2, Women with smallish faces with huge sunglasses which make them look like pinheads.

God yes, I despise sunglasses - I think they make people look like c*nts when they wear them. And now it's coming into summer, people will be wearing them on their heads as hairbands again - another thing I can't stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Radio presenters or their guests with dry mouths and being able to hear it when they talk.
    When you can hear that their lips are sticking to each other that clicking noise when they speak.
    HAVE A F*KING DRINK

Petty i know but it wrecks my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

When people correct a mistake and say 'my bad'. WTF is that about?
    Drives me mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

gramar wrote: »
    Drives me mental.

I believe "yes, you are" is the correct response.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

I hate when some people with prams just push it out on to the road whilst crossing on front of a car! it drives me simple! as if the kid is like a shield or something, utter insanity...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Buy a proper pair of polarised sunglasses and you'll never want to take them off again. I often wear them driving/near water - they relax the eyes so much.

Also, many people have a serious issue with glare etc. hence need to wear them a lot.

Don't be so quick to judge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

gramar wrote: »
    Drives me mental.

In a school I used to work in, an Australian teacher had taught his students the expression 'no worries'. The American boss told him he couldn't do this, and said he should teach 'my bad' instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

In the queue for the bank, there is always - always - only one or two staff max on duty behind the counter. This, in spite of the fact there are about six places reserved for staff to serve customers.

Indeed, you never see six staff working and thus reducing the lengthy queues. Oh no. Rather just let me stew and mutter under my breath at their incompetence.

Same in the supermarket. Staff the fecking tills or lose them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Buy a proper pair of polarised sunglasses and you'll never want to take them off again. I often wear them driving/near water - they relax the eyes so much.

Also, many people have a serious issue with glare etc. hence need to wear them a lot.

I'm 42, I've been judging for years and polarised, sterilised or ostracised, I loath sunglasses.

JohnCleary wrote: »

Don't be so intolerant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

People that think "definitely" is spelt "defiantly".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

In the USA when you go to buy bed sheets for a standard double bed. You look at the package and it says "twin". Great, that should do. When you get home you find that the "twin" is for a SINGLE bed! Morons! Whats rudy twin about it!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

When you overtake someone on motorway at night and they still have their full beams on blinding the ****e out of ya

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement