Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When you get one of those foreign coins in your change that looks deceptively similar to a €2 coin! :mad:

So deceptive in fact that only for the bus driver spotting it I'd never have been aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

On After Hours, the second or third post of a thread is usually along the lines of 'Cue (topic) joke in a desperate bid to get thanks' which is really just a desperate bid by that person to get thanks. That's annoying.

The other annoying reply is the 'Thinly veiled "I've got a (topic)" thread'. Whatever chance of that ever being funny disappeared after the 60th time of reading it.

Thinly veiled "I've no sense of humour" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

When someone gets a lift in the back of your car but forget to roll up the window upon exiting.

Major pain in my balls to go back and roll up the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I don't suffer from road rage at all, so why do I suffer from hoover rage? If the hoover doesn't follow me around the corner, gets stuck behind a chair leg, or even worse, tips over on its side, my blood absolutely boils.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Putting the spoon back into the sugar bowl after stirring your cup.In work the sugar bowl is usually infested with lumps of sticky tea or coffee lumps. Also lots of coffee granuals in the sugar.pricks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People who pull the ring off drinks cans. They're designed so you don't have to pull them off ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

How "PC" everything has become now days, too many people morally outraged at every little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Swarlez wrote: »
    How "PC" everything has become now days, too many people morally outraged at every little thing.

You don't seem too happy with this thread yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

gramar wrote: »
    You don't seem too happy with this thread yourself.

??

I wasn't referencing anything in this thread. It was more in regard to media reaction to things that are said/done by people in the public eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

kildara wrote: »
    Putting the spoon back into the sugar bowl after stirring your cup.In work the sugar bowl is usually infested with lumps of sticky tea or coffee lumps. Also lots of coffee granuals in the sugar.pricks
    So ignorant. I always lick the sugar spoon before putting it back in so there is no tea or coffee.

• Advertisement

When my son acts the bollocks.

I got caught short when I was collecting him there from school so I asked him where the toilets were.

As I was on my way out I met a girl on her way in and thought "Unisex toilets? That's a bit modern!", until I got outside and there was the little troll-hard, "Whaaat?", barely able to contain himself.

"You sent me into the girls toilets, didn't you?" :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Fake cryers at funerals - those egotistical, ignorant, smarmy little piss-ants who do readings and pretend to cry, and then get a clap. Fcuk me, I'd love break their spines. Of all the times or places they could choose to put on a "poor me" act, a funeral is not the one! There is a family who are genuinely grieving sitting right in front of you, you spoke to uncle Joe all of 3 times in your life and one of them times was an argument, you were picked at random to represent the GAA club as a mark of respect to Joe for his 50 years of dedication to his beloved club, while you only breezed onto the scene 2 months ago, and now you're up on the alter reading fcuking bullsh1t poetry that Joe wouldn't have had a clue about, pretending that you're devastated to the point of crying at his death just so you can massage your own ego when the crowd claps. Well why don't you take a bow aswell you repugnant little sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Metallica 'fans' that don't really listen to their music or listen to any other metal bands or know much about music in general yet own more Metallica t-shirts than Metallica albums but still think they're heavy metal incarnate...

Why can't they accept they're simply more boring than they let on? There must be support groups for these people IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Driving behind someone in the morning doing 15 miles an hour because they think the roads are slippy when they are not!!!
    I think that's when I am at my angriest...
    That drives me insane !! Or when you have just over took someone and then someone else pulls out of a side road and goes even slower !! Drives me mental !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    That drives me insane !! Or when you have just over took someone and then someone else pulls out of a side road and goes even slower !! Drives me mental !!

When overtaking someone and they speed up. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Selective modding by some mods.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Selective modding by some mods.

I was wondering where you'd gotten to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,420 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Online ads you can't mute OR skip!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When a pop up blocks your screen and clicking on the little x takes you to the website instead of closing it, then when you press x again it asks if your SURE you want to leave the page. Of course I'm sure! I didn't want to come here in the first fcuking place. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Christmas films on during the May Bank Holiday.

Who the feck thought it'd be a good idea to have Fred Claus on yesterday?

• Advertisement

Coming into the office after the bank holiday and there's no proper milk for your coffee, so with a certain hesitancy you try out that "soya" milk...

Ohh good god it was like something you'd drink out of the toilet bowl, absolutely disgusting altogether. Straight up to the shop I went for a decent drop of milk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Exactly. If I want to view an ad on YouTube, I'll type it into the bloody search box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

download adblock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

EDIT i just remembered windows has an on screen keyboard, scratch all that

download adblock

Or Simple Adblock if you're using Internet Explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Or Simple Adblock if you're using Internet Explorer.

If you are using IE you deserve to watch ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just looking at pictures of Google Glass makes me want to punch myself in the face. I wonder how long it is before I see some dick wearing them in Tesco.

Anyone wrote: »
    If you are using IE you deserve to watch ads.

Horses for courses, I've tried many others over the years, but IE works for me.

Trivial thing that annoys me, well, doesn't really annoy me, but people who insist that such and such <insert software or tech toy here> is better than such and such.

It all depends on what you want to do really and which product will achieve a specific task more efficiently and when deployed will integrate within your current environment with the least amount of downtime possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Horses for courses, I've tried many others over the years, but IE works for me.

Trivial thing that annoys me, well, doesn't really annoy me, but people who insist that such and such <insert software or tech toy here> is better than such and such.

It all depends on what you want to do really and which product will achieve a specific task more efficiently and when deployed will integrate within your current environment with the least amount of downtime possible.

I'm going to say that's the soya milk talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 DrArse

The word 'boardsies'... absolutely cringeworthingly bent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement