Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People, especially adults, who use the word 'pantses' really bugs the hell out of me, I mean wtf is that about. Sounds awful and really grates on my nerves when I hear someone say it. It just makes me want to ask if they are a member of the travelling community or have learning difficulties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Offices with no windows.
    People putting the heat on in offices with no windows on a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Radio stations that play groovy music in the background while reading the news.Why bother with the serious business of the news at all ? They should just stick to talking about celebrity gossip instead of trying to make the latest financial crises,gangland murder or poison in our food chain sound glamorous with a stupid backing track.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Adds for fungal nail infections on the telly when I'm having my dinner or trying to! Disgusting

Thought it was bad years ago when there would be ads for ''Stamp Out Scour'' And Liver Fluke and worms etc.

This is worse :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People who dress to be noticed, and are then "put out" when you notice them. I could say "what's that about?", but I know only too well it's that they're looking for attention.

Of course I'm going to notice something out of the ordinary! If you don't have the confidence to pull it off, then just don't do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

DrArse wrote: »
    The word 'boardsies'... absolutely cringeworthingly bent

Yeah but... boards.ie
    Boardsie.
    Boardsies.

Quite ingenious infact.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

The use of the word "ignorant" to describe someone actin the b0llocks is annoying and shows a lack of knowledge lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

The Guinness ad on youtube. "I have decided to be more than just a tick tock kind of clock". Bugs the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Guinness ad on youtube. "I have decided to be more than just a tick tock kind of clock". Bugs the hell out of me.
    If you're still being hassled by ads on Youtube you've only yourself to blame, grab adblock Plus and they disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Patrick 1

Websites built entirely from flash, my god do they make me cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Seeing TV reporters broadcasting outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat, for some reason it annoys me. Your on the main street you idiot, why not go into a shop and buy an umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭anndub

Other people. Why can't everyone be flawless like me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Irish people who have emigrated that moaned about how crap Ireland is yet when they move to there new found paradise they have facebook covers of irish landmarks.Just jump of a bridge you ignorant f##ks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Shopping really annoys me, especially grocery shopping. We were in a supermarket yesterday looking at the wine. This woman bumped me once with her trolley then bumped me a couple more times not looking where the hells she was going and I suspect trying to get that section to herself. I settled for glaring as at that point I was furious and wanted to shout abuse at her. Thankfully I don't do shouting matches. Must be getting mellower with age. I remember verbally abusing someone years ago for something and Mr P told me I was going to get him punched one of the days. I stopped after that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Stuck on the bus surrounded by annoying 14/15 year old girls.

Tasha's pregnant again apparently!

But you didn't hear it from me >_>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Why can't there be a hidden safe in my house?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Guffy

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Why can't there be a hidden safe in my house?

There is, you just haven't found it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    The use of the word "ignorant" to describe someone actin the b0llocks is annoying and shows a lack of knowledge lol.

People who say lol on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Those ads about happy mums. Cheerios and kinder bars are the worst. Why not say happy parent? don't know why it annoys me so much.

The Cork accent.

I'm after been talking to a girl there for the last half hour and I had to take a break. It was like taking razor blades to my ears it was that sharp. I honestly never realised it was that sharp, and I have relations from Cork and all but this was like nails on a chalkboard! :(

• Advertisement

Advert that bugs the fùck out of me-

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

When I go to the pub no bird gropes me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

older women doing that quiet humming, of no song in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 airsoftburden

i think yes

Having been reading the 5 euro note thread, and that people are testing how easily the notes tear:

People who write on notes really annoy me.

It's far more common to see it on €50 notes, and every time I see a note with writing on it, I always imagine some ass who thinks hes loaded having a great oul' time counting out his money and summing the figures by writing on every couple of notes. Other people have to use those. It definitely bothers me more than it should, but it's just one of those things that people do that I just can't imagine the mindset behind it, and it frustrates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

The d4 accent, specifically the people who purposfully change their own accent to mimick it. To add to this the upward inflection some people put on every sentence that makes it sound like they are asking a question with every utterance. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

I have a sister in law that never, ever ,stops moaning about this,about that, about everything...constantly.
    Ye know its like when that bluebottle gets into your house....buzzz,it stops....buzzz it stops...buzzz it stops.. and ye just cant splat it!
    If i could just get a big one of those zappers that hang in butchers shops.......ZZITT.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

A sealed pistachio nut and nothing to open it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

The way the top of my duvet keeps moving down inside the cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The way some bars of chocolate are two inches smaller than the wrapper. Robbers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement