Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Broken biscuits.

Nothing worse than opening a packet of Rich tea's to find the first half dozen smashed into tiny pieces - how am I going to dunk them!!

Invention waiting to happen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A sealed pistachio nut and nothing to open it with.

Use one of the empty bits of shell! Works incredibly well. Stick the pointy end inside even a tiny gap, and twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

People who write on notes really annoy me.

It's far more common to see it on €50 notes, and every time I see a note with writing on it, I always imagine some ass who thinks hes loaded having a great oul' time counting out his money and summing the figures by writing on every couple of notes. Other people have to use those. It definitely bothers me more than it should, but it's just one of those things that people do that I just can't imagine the mindset behind it, and it frustrates me.

Not sure it will put your mind at ease, but its probably someone working in a bank or a business counting money writing on the notes rather than a wealthy individual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

I can't! It's sealed tight! I have broken a pen on it already as well as using paper clips and safety pins. It is still sut ad i have stabbed my finger tips repeatedly. Bloody pistachios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I can't! It's sealed tight! I have broken a pen on it already as well as using paper clips and safety pins. It is still sut ad i have stabbed my finger tips repeatedly. Bloody pistachios.

If you love her, let her go. I realise you've put in a lot of effort to make it work, but you've suffered too much pain. You just have to accept that it was never meant to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

That Ad. on the Radio where the door bell rings., it sounds exactly like my door bell. , and yes, I've answered the door.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The way some bars of chocolate are two inches smaller than the wrapper. Robbers.

Fact. Worse still are the packets of crisps that only have air in the top half of the bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People moving off in the car before putting on the seatbelt drive me mad. (pun not intended but I'll let it go). How hard can it be to belt up before putting the car in gear or god forbid even starting the car?

On a similar note I saw a fellow driving out of the carpark in front of me lighting a fag. Again how hard would it have been to light it before he started driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

gramar wrote: »
    People moving off in the car before putting on the seatbelt drive me mad. (pun not intended but I'll let it go). How hard can it be to belt up before putting the car in gear or god forbid even starting the car?

On a similar note I saw a fellow driving out of the carpark in front of me lighting a fag. Again how hard would it have been to light it before he started driving?

The nerve on some people!!!
    Indeed this is generally accepted as the thing that annoys most. Along with people complaining.

Are you from Cork, by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

The warning sound for not wearing a seatbelt drives me mad.My friend wont wear a seatbelt when he's driving around the town,stating that "sure I know these roads like the back of my hand". The noise drives him mad as well so now he's going off to cut the wire to the sensor instead of just wearing his seatbelt.He truly is a genius!

Boogietime wrote: »
    The nerve on some people!!!
    Indeed this is generally accepted as the thing that annoys most. Along with people complaining.

Are you from Cork, by any chance?

I'm sure it's been mentioned two or three times already but I wasn't going to read 2000 odd posts to find out. If it's annoying as you say then it needs to be highlighted. Discussed in the daíl maybe. A bill should be passed.

I'm not from Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Squaredude wrote: »
    The warning sound for not wearing a seatbelt drives me mad.My friend wont wear a seatbelt when he's driving around the town,stating that "sure I know these roads like the back of my hand". The noise drives him mad as well so now he's going off to cut the wire to the sensor instead of just wearing his seatbelt.He truly is a genius!

If you push the release button down a small bit, it stops the beeping.

I do not endorse doing this. This is not a recommendation & is performed at your own risk.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Petrol pumps that stop of their own accord despite the tank being nowhere near full.

Blured wrote: »
    Not sure it will put your mind at ease, but its probably someone working in a bank or a business counting money writing on the notes rather than a wealthy individual

Oh my god that makes it even worse!

Banks are supposed to remove worn/damaged/vandalised notes from circulation, not produce them!!!

Argh.

That's so unprofessional. I feel like my trivial annoyance just became 0.0001% less trivial. Success!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The way that every car or van has has a different way of hiding the bonnet pull.

I'm not a stupid person, but sometimes they have me baffled for a while. Some are in the glovebox FFS.

I was servicing the works Toyota minibus recently and tried to find the windscreen washer resevoir. Well it took me ten minutes to find the rear one was located within the next rear door frame and the front was hidden in the passenger step.

They do this on purpose, the bast@rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

People who leave newspapers lying around, folded in at some random page.

I simply have to fold it all back at the front page as I can't stand looking at some half-arsed, half-finished rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

Squaredude wrote: »

My uncle put a lollipop stick down the clasp, pushing the button in a bit I guess so no more beeping. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People who clap at something that happens on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

People who clap when a plane lands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

People who say "now" whenever they do something.

I once counted my mother in law say it twenty six times in under half an hour. I was feeding my daughter in the kitchen and she said "I'll be out of your way in a minute" and then proceeded to open a press "now", close a press "now", pick up a tea towel "now", open a draw "now", look at her shoes "now", put down the tea towel "now", look out the window "now"...

I would have beaten her to death with a Little Princess bowl and spoon set and said "now", only it would possibly screw up us getting her gaff when she croaks under her own steam.... "now"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The term batshít crazy - ooh that annoys me so much.

greenflash wrote: »
    People who say "now" whenever they do something.

I once counted my mother in law say it twenty six times in under half an hour. I was feeding my daughter in the kitchen and she said "I'll be out of your way in a minute" and then proceeded to open a press "now", close a press "now", pick up a tea towel "now", open a draw "now", look at her shoes "now", put down the tea towel "now", look out the window "now"...

I would have beaten her to death with a Little Princess bowl and spoon set and said "now", only it would possibly screw up us getting her gaff when she croaks under her own steam.... "now"

I used to have a teacher who said 'now' before everything except it sounded more like 'ne-ih' or something like that. Many's the day we'd spend the class betting on how many times he's say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ads that have the happy smiley people on them, I was looking at a power washer the other day and the fella on the box was power washing his patio wearing jeans, tshirt and runners and had a big stupid grin on his face like power washing is ever that exciting or pleasing, and who power washes dressed like that too.

Or the people watering the flowers in their baskets with the telescopic hoses in the lidl or aldi magazines smiling away like watering flowers is that much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

donalg1 wrote: »
    Ads that have the happy smiley people on them, I was looking at a power washer the other day and the fella on the box was power washing his patio wearing jeans, tshirt and runners and had a big stupid grin on his face like power washing is ever that exciting or pleasing, and who power washes dressed like that too.

Or the people watering the flowers in their baskets with the telescopic hoses in the lidl or aldi magazines smiling away like watering flowers is that much fun.

I think it's called Prozac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

donalg1 wrote: »

The older I get the more fun repetitive sh¡t like powerhosing and painting have become. I thought it was some fúcked up byproduct of plying my poor brain with too much drink in my twenties and I feared I had made myself semi-retarded. It's something to do with dopamine levels as we get older. So the next time you see those people smiling watering sh¡t just remember it's because they are old…

http://www.cracked.com/article_19722_7-scientific-reasons-youll-turn-out-just-like-your-parents.html

Also, I powerhose in my jeans because that's how I roll…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The older I get the more fun repetitive sh¡t like powerhosing and painting have become. I thought it was some fúcked up byproduct of plying my poor brain with too much drink in my twenties and I feared I had made myself semi-retarded. It's something to do with dopamine levels as we get older. So the next time you see those people smiling watering sh¡t just remember it's because they are old…

http://www.cracked.com/article_19722_7-scientific-reasons-youll-turn-out-just-like-your-parents.html

Also, I powerhose in my jeans because that's how I roll

Get some wet gear, no doubt there is some smiling wally in the lidl or aldi magazine wearing some. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

That's a 500m off-ramp. WHHHHYYYY are slowing down to 70km/h on the dual carriageway?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

Why, after 10 years together in this house, am I the only one in this household who knows how to load the dishwasher properly...? :mad:

If you put those tall glasses in that row, they fall over.

If you didn't put the narrower cups in that wide row you wouldn't have to put the wide cups hanging off the spikes where they take up space in two rows, and also rattle against one another

These dinner plates and those dinner plates can't go beside one another because they fit together so closely that neither one gets washed properly.

Those plastic bowls have to be slotted in place securely on the top row. If you just throw them in vaguely upside down, the force of the water flips them over and in the morning there's a bowl full of dirty water waiting to slosh down over the clean things on the bottom rack.

And another thing...oh my gods, I've turned into my mother...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 El Chucko

When people from a certain part of the country say 'whenever' instead of 'when'.

Eg 'It was raining whenever I left the house this morning'
    You know when it was (this morning) so why not just say 'when'?!

Does my head in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement