Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

El Chucko wrote: »
    When people from a certain part of the country say 'whenever' instead of 'when'.

Eg 'It was raining whenever I left the house this morning'
    You know when it was (this morning) so why not just say 'when'?!

Does my head in.

Totally agree.

The worst I heard was a woman on an ad talking about "whenever I gave birth to Tom."*

*May not actually have been the child's name, but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It really irks me when I see a parent in a car safely seatbelted while letting their child stand up on the back seat to look out the rear window. If you have an accident your offspring is going straight through the windscreen you dumb fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Not a fan of celebrity chefs. Why the hell is it seen as a great thing to be a cook? I thought they stayed in the kitchen for a reason: the public don't want to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

greenflash wrote: »
    People who say "now" whenever they do something.

I once counted my mother in law say it twenty six times in under half an hour. I was feeding my daughter in the kitchen and she said "I'll be out of your way in a minute" and then proceeded to open a press "now", close a press "now", pick up a tea towel "now", open a draw "now", look at her shoes "now", put down the tea towel "now", look out the window "now"...

I would have beaten her to death with a Little Princess bowl and spoon set and said "now", only it would possibly screw up us getting her gaff when she croaks under her own steam.... "now"

And to add to this, people who narrate their lives. May sound extremely trivial but I can't stand when my aunt says every 5 seconds what she's doing "Oh I must put the kettle on" "I'm just going to the toilet now" "I better put my slippers on" "*SIGH* what a day" "I'll just turn on this light" Just shut up for 10 minutes please, I can see everything you're doing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

When you are strimming the garden and you own a dog that lives in the garden, you strim a piece of long grass to uncover dogshite and it a bit of it flies up and hits you in the face :mad: ugh nearly barfed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

The way Australians start sentences with "Look..." or "Aw look....".

Especially in interviews or answering questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

People who finish sentences with 'or'.

"So, would you like me to print it on A3, or"
    "Would you like me to attend this meeting later, or".

Does me nut in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Waiting at a petrol station for the person at the pump in front to finish, then instead of getting back in the car and pulling forward 10ft, even though they know you are waiting patiently, they feel they have to go in and pay for the fill-up straight away or they might go to prison for 20 years :mad:

You can park anywhere for fup sake, just don't leave the property.....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Waiting at a petrol station for the person at the pump in front to finish, then instead of getting back in the car and pulling forward 10ft, even though they know you are waiting patiently, they feel they have to go in and pay for the fill-up straight away or they might go to prison for 20 years :mad:

You can park anywhere for fup sake, just don't leave the property.....

Common sense goes both ways, Scrubs fan. You won't be able to start filling your tank unless the payment for the previous fill up has been made. So one way or another, in my opinion, it's selfish to expect someone to go back to their car, start the engine, drive further for 3 meters and then stop the car, go inside, pay, come out and drive out just because you want a few seconds spared from your busy time.
    If the guy in front of you chooses to do that, he's being courteous by choice. If it happens several times in a row, that doesn't make it your right.
    Now take a step back, go outside, enjoy the spring, maybe have a fag and a coffee and in the meantime, please try to understand that by repeating to yourself "other people's courtesy is neither my right nor my property to be misused".

I'm sure everyone else thinks about your schedule too, it's just some pesky fexkers that don't and you feel the need to post about it. Maybe about those arsehawls that stop at a yellow light in front of you as well. WHY they do that, I don't know. But then again, we can't all be Bob Kelsos, to bother with these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Boogietime wrote: »
    Common sense goes both ways, Scrubs fan. You won't be able to start filling your tank unless the payment for the previous fill up has been made. So one way or another, in my opinion, it's selfish to expect someone to go back to their car, start the engine, drive further for 3 meters and then stop the car, go inside, pay, come out and drive out just because you want a few seconds spared from your busy time

Wrong, many pump systems are able to rack up multiple transactions on a single pump without payment :P

It annoys me when people think their assumptions are facts. :pac: :p :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy you

Speaking as a cyclist,

People who park their cars on cycle lanes, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

As a pedestrian cyclists who go through red lights when i am trying to cross at teh green man

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

Wrong, many pump systems are able to rack up multiple transactions on a single pump without payment :P

It annoys me when people think their assumptions are facts. :pac: :p :pac:

How would that be possible if your current transaction is being processed? If you're sure a pump could restart without the transaction, point taken. In both cases though I still think it's a matter of courtesy from the lad in front. Shouldn't really be a reason to get your knickers waddled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People who use the word "again" as if it means "by the the time".For example "It'll be dark again I get there".It makes no sense .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Squaredude wrote: »
    People who use the word "again" as if it means "by the the time".For example "It'll be dark again I get there".It makes no sense .
    i have never heard anyone say this ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

i have never heard anyone say this ever

In fairness now I've heard it plenty times over the years, and it's not confined to a city or country thing either, again or agin, depending on the accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Haven't the inclination to go through thread but one thing that makes my blood boil is wwhen I hand a shopkeeper money and they put the change on the counter instead of my outstretched hand. That's just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I haven't come across this for a few years but.....when you sometimes get a CD and when it loads it says something like 60.55, and you think great an hour of hopefully good music...........only to find the band are acting the maggot and after the last sound on the last track there is silence for ten minutes or so, until the humourous band add a little more chatter. Oh, how I laugh. Kunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When people use that Stephen Fry quote about how people saying something is offensive to them has no reason to be respected as a statement.

It's usually quoted without any reference or context, as if it contains some kind of incontestable truth, rather than being the opinion of just one person.

osarusan wrote: »
    When people use that Stephen Fry quote about how people saying something is offensive to them has no reason to be respected as a statement.

It's usually quoted without any reference or context, as if it contains some kind of incontestable truth, rather than being the opinion of just one person.

My own take on that shìte (only from last night actually-

Are you easily offended?
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    Stephen Fry is only a well educated gobshìte with a lofty demeanour. In truth he knows fannyadams that any of us here couldn't have educated ourselves about, he hasn't had an original thought, well, I don't think he's ever had an original thought actually, and that oft trotted out quote referring to the word offensive is merely a parroted platitude intended to appeal to same self ascribed "intellectuals". His soundbite statement is the height of ignorance and is just an excuse he gives other faux intellectuals to vent their ignorance caused by their misplaced arrogance.

If these people were actually intelligent, they wouldn't need to be regurgitating anyone else's opinion, they'd be able to form an opinion of their own, based on an original thought of their own.

Even the demi-god Fry that these faux intellectuals so often quote, isn't averse to taking offence and getting downright belligerent about it when he is pulled up on his misinformed waffling-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/25/stephen_fry_not_upset_you_twat/

That's what happens when you depend on the opinions of others to form your opinions without bothering to form an original opinion of your own based on an original thought of your own.

Bloody windbag gets far too much airtime around here, him and Bill Hicks and a host of other faux intellectual gobshìtes "comedians" (I use the term loosely).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

People constantly cruising me in the supermarket and when I once in a year look at someone he gives me a dirty look.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

That everything nowadays is ''Follow us on Facebook'' and Twitter

Facebook! Feck!

Twitter! Ars*!

gammygils wrote: »
    That everything nowadays is ''Follow us on Facebook'' and Twitter

Facebook! Feck!

Twitter! Ars*!

I know, it's much better on boards.ie : )

dubstarr wrote: »
    As a pedestrian cyclists who go through red lights when i am trying to cross at teh green man

I agree with that ... I'm a cyclist and the one thing I do wrong is when the lights are red and there is nothing coming ,I speed across the road, but a couple of times there is a pedestrian crossing on the other side and I go to myself "you f*c*k*n gob****, what's your f*ck*n hurry. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

When people don't close the door, that does my head in.

colossus-x wrote: »
    People constantly cruising me in the supermarket and when I once in a year look at someone he gives me a dirty look.

Constantly cruising girls in the supermarket and the one time I get caught, she gives me a dirty look, a filthy dirty look actually, like she wanted to take me over the frozen veg fridge! :D

AzN wrote: »
    When people don't close the door, that does my head in.

Like when leaving your place after a good F***

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Haven't the inclination to go through thread but one thing that makes my blood boil is wwhen I hand a shopkeeper money and they put the change on the counter instead of my outstretched hand. That's just wrong.

and when they lay it on your hand with a note on the bottom and pile of coins on top so the coins all slide off and roll all over the shop.

and when they lay it on your hand with a note on the bottom and pile of coins on top so the coins all slide off and roll all over the shop.

No I actually prefer that because you can slide the coins off into your other hand, then put the notes in your wallet and the coins in the charity box or leave it as a tip or whatever, or even in your pocket. I just hate change jingling!

Now that's trivial! :pac:

Something else I was thinking of there but I can't remember it now. Damn :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

People.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement