Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I can't imagine anything more trivial than this, but when a snakes and ladders board is designed with a ladder that goes directly to the 100 (and winning) space from another space (usually 80), that annoys me. It shouldn't be possible to win (or, in my case, lose) that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

osarusan wrote: »
    I can't imagine anything more trivial than this, but when a snakes and ladders board is designed with a ladder that goes directly to the 100 (and winning) space from another space (usually 80), that annoys me. It shouldn't be possible to win (or, in my case, lose) that way.

The snake on the 99 square down to 20 or so makes me want to cry! :pac:

Actually people that think one board game is "better" than another. For example those that say chess is "better" than draughts, or backgammon is "better" than chinese checkers.

Honestly, I couldn't care less, I just enjoy playing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Czarcasm wrote: »
    The snake on the 99 square down to 20 or so makes me want to cry! :pac:

Actually people that think one board game is "better" than another. For example those that say chess is "better" than draughts, or backgammon is "better" than chinese checkers.

Honestly, I couldn't care less, I just enjoy playing them.

Ah, that reminds me one night there last month my sister left "Don't wake dad" running during the night. At about 3 in the morning I was woken up and dad was there asking me if I was chocking in my sleep, but it was the"Don't wake dad" board game snoring... :pac:

Ah, that reminds me one night there last month my sister left "Don't wake dad" running during the night. At about 3 in the morning I was woken up and dad was there asking me if I was chocking in my sleep, but it was the"Don't wake dad" board game snoring... :pac:

My brother collects board games so every so often the family gets together at his and we all play the board games we played as kids, "Game of Life" takes on a whole new perspective 20 years later, and our kids play too- we still fight like cats and dogs over it and snicker like a pack of bad bastards when somebody gets sued or gets hit with a massive property tax bill! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

greenflash wrote: »
    People who say "now" whenever they do something.

I once counted my mother in law say it twenty six times in under half an hour. I was feeding my daughter in the kitchen and she said "I'll be out of your way in a minute" and then proceeded to open a press "now", close a press "now", pick up a tea towel "now", open a draw "now", look at her shoes "now", put down the tea towel "now", look out the window "now"...

I would have beaten her to death with a Little Princess bowl and spoon set and said "now", only it would possibly screw up us getting her gaff when she croaks under her own steam.... "now"

This doesn't bother me but this post was feckin' hilarious haahha!! Still laughing!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The way that the one in a thousand sultanas still has its stalk attached to it and gives you a little start when you chew down thinking 'I hope that's not a filling'.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

When you are walking towards a stationary car at night and the driver has their lights/ high beams on shining right at you- pisses me right off, I feel violated, not sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The way that the one in a thousand sultanas still has its stalk attached to it and gives you a little start when you chew down thinking 'I hope that's not a filling'.

The way there's one manky peanut M&M in every big packet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I was sat beside a chap reading his paper a couple of weeks ago.

Before turning each and every page, he gave the tip of his finger a little lick, so as to ease the transition from one page to the next.

By the 50th lick in quick succession (he was browsing the paper, not really reading it), I felt like grabbing his spitty little finger and snapping it in several places.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Neighbors who think its okay to leave a dog outside when they know its going to stand at the door and bark nonstop until its let in again, some of mine will do it for a full day at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Cd_doe

I absoloutly hate when people stop and start chatting in or on front of a doorway,

It actually makes me really angry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

When you are walking towards a stationary car at night and the driver has their lights/ high beams on shining right at you- pisses me right off, I feel violated, not sure why
    I walk home every night at around 11 or 12 down a small country lane and every weekend there is some bollix parked on it who sticks on the full beam as soon as they see me coming as if I'm the weirdo and not him.

My GOD what did Kate Winslet DO to herself?? :(

It's bloody annoying when female celebrities go on about how they're proud of their curves, and then a few weeks later in the same magazines they're espousing the wonders of the latest fad diet (though I'm more given to believe it's the "photoshop diet" myself) and looking all wispy, drawn and a mere shell of their former sexy selves! :mad:

Anyone else watching "Titanic" on Channel 4 right now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This is probably as trivial as it gets, but I really, really hate the word "gorgeous".

I hate the way it's spelled. I hate the sound of it. And I'm starting to hate anyone that says it.

I can't even begin to explain why.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    This is probably as trivial as it gets, but I really, really hate the word "gorgeous".

I hate the way it's spelled. I hate the sound of it. And I'm starting to hate anyone that says it.

I'm the exact same with the word 'pleasure'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

'pamper' is mine

Byword for spending wads cash on nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Yamanoto wrote: »
    'pamper' is mine

Byword for spending wads cash on nonsense.

Or the stinking wrappings of a gurgling, bawling little red ****-factory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

When people use the word 'literally' wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

When you drop a log and you get splash back.:mad:

PS putting some toilet paper down first doesn't always prevent it. :pac:

Or when people use the word "wrong" incorrectly...

/runs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Or when people don't know the full definition of words and try to correct people on their usage. I could literally rip their heads off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Or when people use the word "wrong" incorrectly...

/runs :D

Touché :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Interviewer: Mr. Murphy, what exactly attracts you to the leisure industry?

Spud: In a word: pleasure. It's like, my pleasure in other people's leisure.

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Peter The Pedo

When people on the forums use 'boardies' and 'boardsies'. So cheesy and bent

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but when you go into a bathroom in work or college or somewhere and the toilets are either

a) horrifically blocked

b) some idiot has managed to use half a role of toilet paper covering every inch of the fecking toilet because he can't rest his pansy ass on a toilet seat that someone else might have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Festy wrote: »
    When you drop a log and you get splash back.:mad:

PS putting some toilet paper down first doesn't always prevent it. :pac:

Also known as the kiss of Poseidon.
    Grayson wrote: »
    b) some idiot has managed to use half a role of toilet paper covering every inch of the fecking toilet because he can't rest his pansy ass on a toilet seat that someone else might have used.

Those people seem to think you can pass on and absorb STI's through your thighs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Or worse, 'gawjus' as seen on FB and Bebo previously. Please bring your toaster to the bath tub with you on your next visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

When you're upstairs on a bus and your stop is up next. You're behind someone who is descending the stairs slowly and you realise they're going slowly because they're not getting off at this stop, but the next one. You have to shout at the driver as he starts to pull off that you're getting off here.

Yeah, those people can go sh!t pineapples!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jackie_1

When I'm watching t.v. and people start having conversation about what just happened (omg we've just seen the same thing as you cop on).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Facebook, Twitter etc etc. As Quint says in ''Jaws'';

'Jesus H Christ''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement