Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Just before the safety announcement on Aer Lingus flights, the Air Hostess requests that people give their 'very special attention' to the front of the cabin.

I don't tend to grade my level of attention by 'poor', 'middling' or indeed 'very special' - you either have my attention or you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

It annoys me when the eejit in the car next to me has their music up so loud that it vibrates my car. Eh hellooo I have my own radio and better taste in music thanks very much.

While Im at it I may as well mention how much brown shoes on fellas annoy me as well. Sorry but I always think oh why you would look soo good in black shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

OH putting her liquid nitrogen feet against my legs in bed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was stopped at the pedestrian lights today and this fool comes along and if he hit the button once he must have done it 10 times, karmas a bitch though because the light still turned green for us and his temper tantrum got him nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Small niggle but it drives me insane:
    When people on BGT or XFactor sing the Evanessence song "Bring Me To Life" and it's incorrectly billed as "Wake Me Up Inside".
    FFS this really does my head in! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

'He rocked up to here' 'He rocked up to the mic' 'He rocked up over to so and so'.

What the fu@k are these sh!theads talking about.

'I just rocked up to you and smashed you with a hammer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not sure if this has been posted earlier..

But people who use #hashtags in places other than twitter (even there they are barely abidable)

On Facebook

"Fabulous weather , day for beach #workonthetan" and the likes.

You are not being #funny or #original,

just testing the above to see if it adds to self worth or any added pleasure in posting with these #annoying #sh1te

Post complaining about another forum's moderation deleted. Don't do that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

When an interviewer asks the person a question and the persons answer has **** all to do with the question....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

When people write 'Swit Swoo' on facebook. Boils me piss so it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

McChubbin wrote: »
    Small niggle but it drives me insane:
    When people on BGT or XFactor sing the Evanessence song "Bring Me To Life" and it's incorrectly billed as "Wake Me Up Inside".
    FFS this really does my head in! :mad:

Also Green Day's "Good Riddance" as "Time of Your Life" :mad:

And don't get me started on the time the X-Factor winner covered Biffy Clyro's song "Many of Horror" but changed the title to "When We Collide" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Conan O'Briens hair.............. and his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

People grunting so loud in the gym, i can hear you through my ear phones
    Why do you need to grunt so loud??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Do you even lift, brah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Snoopy1 wrote: »

They imagine themselves as tennis stars or else they're having multi orgasms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

I wasn't complaining when an attractive woman was squatting and grunting behind me in the gym yesterday, I wasted a lot of time taking glances in the mirror.

has anyone ever been on the bodybuilding.com forum, it makes me want to smash my computer screen, all you see is comments from americans like 'u srs bro?' 'jus sayin blood' 'you mirin?' and if you disagree with anyones comment you get a comment about your parents or girlfriend. I can't be doing with americans.

I also hate thugs in the gym who walk around like they are carrying a television under each arm.

When somebody texts you and you ring them immediately because its easier than texting back and theres no answer!?? Where have you gone in the last 10 seconds ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Mariasofia wrote: »
    When somebody texts you and you ring them immediately because its easier than texting back and theres no answer!?? Where have you gone in the last 10 seconds ???

Kills me that does - "I don't like talking on the phoooone" :mad:

It's the most direct and immediate means of contact, oh, that reminds me-

Me: "I tried to call you this morning?"

Numpty: "Oh my phone doesn't go on til 9 o clock in the morning and I turn it off at 5 o clock..."

Me: :eek: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"It's attitudes like yours that have the country f*cked."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

When your in a queue and there's two tills and the second till is closed making the que longer then as you become second in the que the second till opens and the guy behind you goes to that till
    even though the cashier says next please and the guy in front is using a credit card to buy milk and a scratch card
    and while you notice this is going on the person that was forth in the que is now at getting served at the second till and your still standing at the first till like a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭anndub

The people from the VHI ads, all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Birds singing outside my bedroom window every ****ing morning :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

The nononsense,ie ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

A Mars or Snickers bar in the fridge..... Why???

When my sister is blaring music in the other side of the house to the point where you can hear the singer's annunciations perfectly clear. When that happens you should think about turning it down a notch!

That Coca-Cola advert from a few years ago with the *ksssh!* *siiigh* noises. (If it wasn't a Coke ad then it was a fizzy drink ad, anyway)

Adverts nowadays were the presenter is swiping thin-air as if he's moving the items on the screen like "magic". A good example is the Virgin TV advert with that lad from Dr. Who.

People who nod continuously while you're talking to them.

The *gasp* you hear when you listen to a conversation between two people.

Also, when you're on your way out of a shop/shopping center and it's only spitting outside, not much to destroy that new jacket you bought. But you have people in the numbers crowding around under that little bit of roof sticking out the front of the building, terrified of getting a bit of water on their heads. Hoping that it is going to stop soon. And you know for a fact that most of these people are the exact same people that say "Oh it's supposed to rain all day today" yet you're wearing a T-SHIRT and never brought you're coat! You're wimps!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Hownowcow wrote: »
    The nononsense,ie ads.

Ya big ham ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

gamercfc wrote: »
    When my sister is blaring music in the other side of the house to the point where you can hear the singer's annunciations perfectly clear. When that happens you should think about turning it down a notch!

I can raise a glass to that. Was staying in a place last year where the lad in the room directly above mine was playing god-awful R&B music so loud that I couldn't even hear the audio from the laptop that was about two feet from my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Sticky toilet seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How bars like Twix and Kinder Bueno that come in parts (and also for some reason 500ml coke bottles) only put the calories for half of the bar/drink on the front.

I don't know why it annoys me, but it does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement