Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People who stand and have a conversation in doorways. It strikes me as a dumb-ass, pig-ignorant thing to do and it does drive one quite batsh!t. Ladies and gentlemen, I do not give a rattling furk how Big and Important you are, I don't need to be shown it by your standing in a thoroughfare in my and many other's way like some sort of idiot. Quit being so inconsiderate and MOVE ALREADY!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

jimgoose wrote: »
    MOVE ALREADY!! ;)
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Braindead asses who don't indicate at junctions and roundabouts :mad: its the law people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

The dense housemate who blasts the saucepans full of whatever slop he's heating up - and never puts the kitchen fan on, despite regular reminders.

I'm then left looking at condensation lashing down everywhere in the kitchen.

Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Hipsters who wear those stupid fake glasses :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

That prick in the last eircom advert that morphs into the concert
    he gets on my tits when he walks up the little steps and bends over to look at his laptop showing his cords off
    I would love to kick the face of him

People typing 'defiantly' when they mean 'definitely'.

Worst offender in recent memory 'she was defiantly in my collage'.

I don't think he meant she was vehemently opposed to being in composite art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Withdrawal, not withdrawl
    You are not talking about someone who has a drawl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

God forbid me for sounding like a grammar Nazi, but why oh why can't anybody on boards spell 'queue' or 'cue' ?

Everyone seems to spell 'que'.

'Que' ? is what Manuel used to say in Fawlty Towers.

A 'queue' is a line of people at a supermarket checkout, and a 'cue' is what you hit snooker balls with or a count to start recording or filming.

GET IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Cue backlash.....

It really REALLY annoys me when I am wearing headphones and I bend over and they get caught up on the lawn mower or on my knee etc and get yanked out. I just see red when it happens.

When kids whine and squirm when you are applying suncream to them.

When someone is turning right in their car and don't pull to the outside of the lane to allow those going straight to continue. Usually they are also the same people that need a written invitation to turn right.

When someone is turning right in their car and don't pull to the outside of the lane to allow those going straight to continue. Usually they are also the same people that need a written invitation to turn right.

Marry me?

Marry me?

Tempting, however due to current personal circumstances the best I can offer is a hot & steamy illicit affair. PM if ur interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When kids whine and squirm when you are applying suncream to them.

Probably best leaving that job to their parents so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

God forbid me for sounding like a grammar Nazi, but why oh why can't anybody on boards spell 'queue' or 'cue' ?

Everyone seems to spell 'que'.

'Que' ? is what Manuel used to say in Fawlty Towers.

A 'queue' is a line of people at a supermarket checkout, and a 'cue' is what you hit snooker balls with or a count to start recording or filming.

GET IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!
    People always mixing up loose and lose these days aswell, "I hope we dont loose the match" etc :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It really REALLY annoys me when I am wearing headphones and I bend over and they get caught up on the lawn mower or on my knee etc and get yanked out. I just see red when it happens.

Having the headphones lead under your tshirt sorts that out…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Thargor wrote: »
    People always mixing up loose and lose these days aswell, "I hope we dont loose the match" etc :mad:

Yeah, that one boils my piss completely. Nearly everyone other one I'll forgive but that one just annoys the sh¡t out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Living with people annoys me

My sister would text me every day to ask was there any mail. She cant wait to finish and come home to find out then. Who gets excited over mail?

It reminds of being kids and you're excited waiting for the Weetabix barbie doll to arrive.

But seriously why order crap of the internet only to ask other people every day, did it come yet. Just fcuking wait for it or get the postman's number because he knows before I do. Just dont ask me cause I couldnt give a flying fcuk.

I was house sharing two years ago and I shared a house with some cnut who would ask me about her mail as well. Is everyone like this? I even went away one week and she still asked me. Fcuking basterds, there's nothing I can do if you get mail or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I tell you what boils my piss. When a contentious issue is being discussed on boards and you get a keyboard warrior who puts up the following post

"So would you [insert generic action of bravery or goodwill]?

Thought not......"

That "thought not" makes me want to kick the **** out of my monitor every fuking time I see it. Generally it's from some Joe Duffy ringing prick who believes the rest of human race is as fuking useless and ineffectual as they are. Just leave the "thought not" and I might actually be fooled into thinking you're not a total kunt for a little while

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

People who pronounce "et cetera" as "ekcetera".

• Advertisement

The roll of stamps you get in the post office. They used to be in a box. Now they come as a loose roll, that just springs open everywhere. And you cant tape it down with the label they give you because that label rips the stamps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Youtube ads :mad: and ****ing Vevo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When walking through the grocery aisles in Tesco and none of the products on the shelves are faced off properly!

What pack of lazy gits leaves them like that? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

I wanted an offline English/French dictionary app for my computer, so I can look up words with my laptop.

(my phone aint so great for this kind of thing)

A hearty supply ....... all for android.

W. T. F. ....... a simple database lookup program ....... not available for my large storage laptop, no no, has to be on your phone for some mysterious reason.

I can't think of anything more banal and ordinary and run of the mill than a bilingual offline dictionary......not available.

20 versions for iphone however..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Czarcasm wrote: »
    When walking through the grocery aisles in Tesco and none of the products on the shelves are faced off properly!

What pack of lazy gits leaves them like that? :mad:
    Depends on the Tesco and when, but that could have been me. I get bored when dragged around supermarkets needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Lads walking around with the waistlines of their pants down below their arses, showing off their fúcking boxers. It's such forced nonchalance bullshít, and it can't be comfortable. Annoys me a disproportionate amount...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Ingredients on food packets written in really tiny letters

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

Apologies if already said.

Women, their purses and paying.

To be more specific - Lady gets on bus, out comes bag, rummage for the purse, out comes purse, rummages for coins, places them in one by one....
    You were waiting at the bus stop for ten feckin minutes, why didn't you do it then!

Happens in shops far too much too. As a rule I make a general estimate as to the cost of whatever I'm buying and have it ready before I reach the counter/busdriver/etc.

It's not all women, but I do see it alot.

When I look at it objectively, it always seems silly to get worked up over the equivalent of "OMG you wasted 53 seconds of my precious time".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

The KEEP CALM meme.It makes me cringe anytime I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

hollster2 wrote: »
    When nosey aule biddies look you up and down just because you have kids, ive 3 and I look younger then 29 so I get "oh look you have your hands full" P**s off and mind your own business

*looks you up and down*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement