Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Men who cross their legs when they sit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

When I get to the kettle only to find that it's empty.

Seriously like, every time I use the kettle I always refill it after me for the next person to use. I expect you to do the same!!

And countless other things that generally derive from living at home with the parents!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Wilberto wrote: »

Seriously like, every time I use the kettle I always refill it after me for the next person to use. I expect you to do the same!!

And countless other things that generally derive from living at home with the parents!!

Wait til you move out and get married, you'll know all about countless trivial fcuking annoyances then! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Wait til you move out and get married, you'll know all about countless trivial fcuking annoyances then! :pac:

Like......That is the fu@kin' recycling bin, do not put potato peelings in there.
    How many fu@kin' times have I got to tell you ?

and....why oh why have you rearranged the furniture again ? If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, you can't have the television facing the window because of the glare.

and....where is the cutlery, and why have you changed the presses around ? I've only just got used to the last configuration.

and the most annoying thing ever.....no I cannot watch the game later, it's live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Festy wrote: »
    Youtube ads :mad: and ****ing Vevo :mad:

Install adblock plus, sorts that out :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Candie wrote: »
    People typing 'defiantly' when they mean 'definitely'.

Worst offender in recent memory 'she was defiantly in my collage'.

I don't think he meant she was vehemently opposed to being in composite art.

I think autocorrect on phones has a lot to answer for

When I got my new one a couple of years ago I was signing off texts to people in work (some really quite senior) with "Slab" instead of my name for a while before I noticed

A friend of my brothers had obviously been typing in some contentious phrases sometime previously and managed to send his girlfriend a drunken "lol I luv u night night" text as "lol I luv u nig*a nig*a" one time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

polish people at the gym,all grunting and puffing grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think autocorrect on phones has a lot to answer for

I think that's because they type in "definately" which gets corrected to "defiantly"
    Fairly certain it wouldn't change it if they typed it in with the correct spelling

I did have my phone change "quite" to "quiet" though, so who knows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Predictive text - GRRRRRRR

Wilberto wrote: »

So you get up, make a cup of tea with water that's been sitting in the kettle for ages, refill the kettle without knowing how many cups the next person is making, and then leave?

I always would have assumed that the most logical thing to do is to fill the kettle fresh from the tap, knowing how much you'll need, make your cup of tea, and then if you've misjudged the amount of water you needed you might leave some in there.

Do you refill it for one cup or do you refill it to the top?

This is madness!

Your tea making methods are my new trivial annoyance. I need you to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People who stand beside you at matches and comment on every play of the ball while subsequently not having a bulls notion of what they're talking about.

I seem to attract them, these people who never stood at a game before but have suddenly become experts because they've gone to a few of their child's underage matchs.

You haven't a clue, stop spewing shiite or get away from me before I get violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hipsters who wear those stupid fake glasses :mad:
    The ones with clear glass? Also really hate hipster asses who just wear frames with no glass in them.

When you're trying to get your coffee down before you've to fcuk off out the door and it goes down the wrong way. White shirt - destroyed! :mad:

Prick! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

People who walk around with coffee all the time. Especially those precious ones with their own special fancy beaker/flask/cup thingy. It's just so affected, some people seem unable to commute, go shopping, go to their kids sports games, drive their car, go to the cinema, wait for an airplane etc etc without poncing around with their coffee. I like coffee as much as most people, but I cannot believe it is a required accompaniment of everything people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

ATMs.

How hard would it be for the software on the machines to display what feckin notes it DOES have in it? Rather than wave the option of a €20 note in your face, only to take 5 mins to tell you that it doesn't have any, spit your card back at you and make you go through the whole process again to get a €50.

People who walk around with coffee all the time. Especially those precious ones with their own special fancy beaker/flask/cup thingy. It's just so affected, some people seem unable to commute, go shopping, go to their kids sports games, drive their car, go to the cinema, wait for an airplane etc etc without poncing around with their coffee. I like coffee as much as most people, but I cannot believe it is a required accompaniment of everything people do.

"Baby beakers for adults" I call them, people copying shìt they see on American tv shows... :rolleyes:

Though given my previous post, I could probably do with a baby beaker myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So you get up, make a cup of tea with water that's been sitting in the kettle for ages, refill the kettle without knowing how many cups the next person is making, and then leave?

I always would have assumed that the most logical thing to do is to fill the kettle fresh from the tap, knowing how much you'll need, make your cup of tea, and then if you've misjudged the amount of water you needed you might leave some in there.

Do you refill it for one cup or do you refill it to the top?

This is madness!

Your tea making methods are my new trivial annoyance. I need you to stop.
    Saved me typing it thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I hate when shop assistants give your whole change along with receipt together. Like receipt, then the notes on top of the receipt and then coins on top of the receipt and notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Living with people annoys me

My sister would text me every day to ask was there any mail. She cant wait to finish and come home to find out then. Who gets excited over mail?

It reminds of being kids and you're excited waiting for the Weetabix barbie doll to arrive.

But seriously why order crap of the internet only to ask other people every day, did it come yet. Just fcuking wait for it or get the postman's number because he knows before I do. Just dont ask me cause I couldnt give a flying fcuk.

I was house sharing two years ago and I shared a house with some cnut who would ask me about her mail as well. Is everyone like this? I even went away one week and she still asked me. Fcuking basterds, there's nothing I can do if you get mail or not.
    This one annoys me. We do not get mail in Ireland we get post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

People who take your photograph without permission, then tag it on facebook.

People who take your photograph at night and use flash without warning (thanks, now I am blind for the next 5 minutes)

People who film gigs with shitty phones.

People who spend the entire time they are out socially or at gigs staring at their phones.

People who are oblivious of your night vision at outdoor gigs walking around with 10 million lumens headtorches who wonder why you recoil clutching your retinas as they pass by. Get. A. F*ckng. Clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Agreed, and when did films become movies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People who you work with who think they are good at their job, when they are, in fact, sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

polish people at the gym,all grunting and puffing grrr

People on the luas who get up from the chairs which recline down and don't soften the bang of the chair against the wall giving me sitting in the one next to them a fright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Czarcasm wrote: »
    When you're trying to get your coffee down before you've to fcuk off out the door and it goes down the wrong way. White shirt - destroyed! :mad:

Prick! :mad:

Literally laughed out loud at this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

People who spoil tv shows. Just **** off. It's one thing we're great at in Ireland. I haven't even got around to watching Love/Hate (and was looking forward to doing so) and was doing my best avoiding the idiots loudly blabbing the entire details of each week's episode on facebook but season 3 finale comes and and the ****ing whole thing is splashed out on the front page of the daily mirror the next day.

It's at the stage where i tell people to catch up on breaking bad while they can if they've only started because the facebook brigade is going to ruin it in august and if they dont somebody else will

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

When someone's answer's a mobile/cordless phone while watching the TV and lower's down the telly. It's a f***n mobile you clown go out into the hall..............

Oh and walter kill's skyler in the new one. She's a winge anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Well I've gotten both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Women with nail varnish half worn off. remove it or repaint them cos it looks mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

When the buttons of the duvet cover are anywhere but at the foot of the bed. Woe betide if they're at the head side...drives me MAD :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Camrat wrote: »
    When someone's answer's a mobile/cordless phone while watching the TV and lower's down the telly. It's a f***n mobile you clown go out into the hall..............

Oh and walter kill's skyler in the new one. She's a winge anyway.

Look, I know this is trivial as f**k and I'm probably going to get a yellow card for it, but will you stop with the apostrophes. You don't need an apostrophe with a verb in the 3rd person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement