Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

osarusan wrote: »
    Look, I know this is trivial as f**k and I'm probably going to get a yellow card for it, but will you stop with the apostrophes. You don't need an apostrophe with a verb in the 3rd person.

Gramma natsie

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

osarusan wrote: »
    Look, I know this is trivial as f**k and I'm probably going to get a yellow card for it, but will you stop with the apostrophes. You don't need an apostrophe with a verb in the 3rd person.

People who whinge.....If you don't like it, Don't read it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Something that boils my blood: when people refer to an off-license as an "offy". I want to cut those who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Camrat wrote: »
    People who whinge.....If you don't like it, Don't read it.:rolleyes:

How are they supposed to know if they like it without reading it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The RTE rule that the stress in controversy is on the second syllable

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

people who attempt to read broadsheet papers on packed trains ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

women that keep saying their friends look "Stunning", especially if they are getting married. My attitude it don't matter how much lipstick you put on that pig.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

people who attempt to read broadsheet papers on packed trains ! :mad:

I do that. In furtherance, I wear a bowler hat and a false moustache while doing so.

women that keep saying their friends look "Stunning", especially if they are getting married. My attitude it don't matter how much lipstick you put on that pig.....................

This, and women nattering about how great a friend looks when she loses loads of weight. Inside I'm like, "meh...she's just a fat person masquerading as a skinny b1tch, wonder how long til she falls off the wagon" :rolleyes:

Also, in general, women who TALK about diets. Drives me fuucking spare. You cant bring a bag of chips into the office without an hysterical gaggle of female folk yammering on about how the chips smell amazing - "oh I can't I'm off bread/wine/carbs/air".

And somehow...the more a woman talks about dieting and sacrifice and fads and self deprivation...the fatter she usually is :D If talking about diets burned calories they'd be sorted :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This, and...

Correct and right. Furthermore, this whole "Women-on-a-diet" thing is a colossal pain in the hole. Bad enough the reproachful look you get from your other half when you crack open a chocolate bar after dinner. But the fifty-plus, hideous, scrawny, lava-complexioned fitness-freak, chafing along on about two grand worth of bicycle/gear, high on lactic acid and righteousness. Well - I just love the particular crunch those ones make when I run over them with my Jaguar. You often see the poor misfortunate bastard of a husband hauled along as well, for "good, healthy fun!!". I can nearly always telepathically hear him say "Be Jaysis, what I wouldn't do fer a pint an' a rasher sammitch!!" :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    Correct and right. Furthermore, this whole "Women-on-a-diet" thing is a colossal pain in the hole. Bad enough the reproachful look you get from your other half when you crack open a chocolate bar after dinner. But the fifty-plus, hideous, scrawny, lava-complexioned fitness-freak, chafing along on about two grand worth of bicycle/gear, high on lactic acid and righteousness. Well - I just love the particular crunch those ones make when I run over them with my Jaguar. You often see the poor misfortunate bastard of a husband hauled along as well, for "good, healthy fun!!". I can nearly always telepathically hear him say "Be Jaysis, what I wouldn't do fer a pint an' a rasher sammitch!!" :D

Hah :P

It's a religion. I remember being dragged to my mum's weight watcher classes when I was a kid (not for me of course) and being baffled as to why you would pay someone to tell you to stop eating. I mean, depriving yourself is hard enough without paying someone to tell you to do it :confused:

It really is simple - eat less, move more. As my OH says in her cutesie English "Ah I must just close the mouth more" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

You print some paper or buy a brand new book and along comes someone and crinkles the pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Cold calls from Sky asking me to "come back". Just had another one, must be in double figures now this year. Initially i was polite with these guys, just doing a job etc, now I'm downright rude but they still won't get the message.:mad:
    how the hell do you stop these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Local people picking kids up from the local primary school in their cars and fúck off sized jeeps,blocking the footpaths and bus lanes and making it more dangerous for the kids who actually walk home to cross the road.

Local people picking kids up from the local primary school in their cars and fúck off sized jeeps,blocking the footpaths and bus lanes and making it more dangerous for the kids who actually walk home to cross the road.

yup, when are these cars ever used for their intended function? Probably as often as the purebred retriever in the back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Only really applies when outside of Ireland but Mosquitos. Jesus Christ, Mosquitos.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Lucena wrote: »
    People who pronounce "et cetera" as "ekcetera".

It's only trivial, but this drives me spare. You just know they write 'ect', too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I don't particularly like people going on about diets, but I dont like really fat people either. Give me a slim girl talking about a diet, rather than a fat one munching a bag of crisps. Though this is not the thread for that kind of unpopular remark I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It's only trivial, but this drives me spare. You just know they write 'ect', too.

Ahh Jesus Pheredykes, did you do that on purpose? :pac:

"Rabble rabble, grammar nazi, etc" :p

Also- lefties, when you go to shake hands!

Had a bit of an embarrassing moment earlier when I went to shake hands with a chap and he stuck out his left hand to shake mine, made all the worse by the fact that we were making eye contact at the time, and suddenly I realised it looked like we were holding hands rather than shaking hands! :o

Awkward! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This, and women nattering about how great a friend looks when she loses loads of weight. Inside I'm like, "meh...she's just a fat person masquerading as a skinny b1tch, wonder how long til she falls off the wagon" :rolleyes:

Also, in general, women who TALK about diets. Drives me fuucking spare. You cant bring a bag of chips into the office without an hysterical gaggle of female folk yammering on about how the chips smell amazing - "oh I can't I'm off bread/wine/carbs/air".

And somehow...the more a woman talks about dieting and sacrifice and fads and self deprivation...the fatter she usually is :D If talking about diets burned calories they'd be sorted :/

Who hurt you...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Also- lefties, when you go to shake hands!

Had a bit of an embarrassing moment earlier when I went to shake hands with a chap and he stuck out his left hand to shake mine, made all the worse by the fact that we were making eye contact at the time, and suddenly I realised it looked like we were holding hands rather than shaking hands! :o

Awkward! :pac:
    Slightly OT: Back when I was in cub scouts we all had to shake hands left-handed. Something to do with shield arm, a gesture that meant leaving yourself unprotected.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm a leftie, but I shake hands with my right

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

bluewolf wrote: »

Slightly OT

Most people shake hands with their right hand.

Stems from the days when people used to fight with each other, weapon would be held in right hand.

To shake someones hand, you had to move club/knife from right hand.

This left you exposed, meaning you trusted the other person not to attack you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ahh Jesus Pheredykes, did you do that on purpose? :pac:

Of course. Is there something you take exception to?

bluewolf wrote: »

Yeah that's a strange one alright, like say I wouldn't be naturally ambidextrous, but in school (where the generation before me would've been punished if they wrote with their left hand!) I trained myself to write with my left hand (I also used write in Leonardo Da Vinci mirror writing, until my mother told me to stop it! :pac:), but there was another guy in my class who wrote with his right hand, but when we played rugby, he'd kick the ball with his left foot! :confused::D

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Of course. Is there something you take exception to?

Trivial thing that annoys me - my shìte attempts at humor! Think I'll leave it to better people than I in future :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I don't particularly like people going on about diets, but I dont like really fat people either. Give me a slim girl talking about a diet, rather than a fat one munching a bag of crisps. Though this is not the thread for that kind of unpopular remark I imagine.

How odd, most men would much prefer to talk to a fat girl eating crisps.

What an unpopular remark indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

spiralism wrote: »
    Only really applies when outside of Ireland but Mosquitos. Jesus Christ, Mosquitos.

Now listen, i hate the little b*llixes. Hate them a lot...

But I'm not really sure the insect that carries and transmits malaria (among other things) can be classified as trivial!

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

spiralism wrote: »

Hate to tell ya, but there's 18 different species of mosquito IN Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement