Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Slightly OT: Back when I was in cub scouts we all had to shake hands left-handed. Something to do with shield arm, a gesture that meant leaving yourself unprotected.

Ah, you were in the Weirdo Scouts, then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

People cracking their knuckles the noise drives me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People leaving their indicator on for miles.

People who indicate when they've already slowed down executed the turn. I'll effing execute you.

People pulling out onto the road as you're approaching and then making you go at their snails pace.

Pedestrians who press the green man when you're the only car on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I don't particularly like people going on about diets, but I dont like really fat people either. Give me a slim girl talking about a diet, rather than a fat one munching a bag of crisps. Though this is not the thread for that kind of unpopular remark I imagine.

Reminds me, I absolutely hate those stupid fb circulars with pictures of fat women and cheesey lines such as "all women are beautiful" or "womens hearts are beautiful therefore all women are real" bullsh1t twiddle twaddle. Some people are just...fat. It doesn't make them beautiful...no more than being a stick on a catwalk necessarily makes you beautiful.

Who hurt you...?

lots of people actually...but they're already buried in my garden :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Reminds me, I absolutely hate those stupid fb circulars with pictures of fat women and cheesey lines such as "all women are beautiful" or "womens hearts are beautiful therefore all women are real" bullsh1t twiddle twaddle. Some people are just...fat. It doesn't make them beautiful...no more than being a stick on a catwalk necessarily makes you beautiful.

Or fat wans who are regarded as "Great Fun!!". Meaning simply that they never shut up, but bang on and on almost hysterically, being "great craic!!", all to hide the fact that they're dead inside. And fat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jimgoose wrote: »
    Or fat wans who are regarded as "Great Fun!!". Meaning simply that they never shut up, but bang on and on almost hysterically, being "great craic!!", all to hide the fact that they're dead inside. And fat. :D

The word you're looking for is 'Bubbly'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Omackeral wrote: »

They do be that as well, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Omackeral wrote: »

I think that's to do with their body weight putting too much atmospheric pressure on themselves and giving them the bends.

jimgoose wrote: »

Yup..."bubbly", "vivacious", "heart of gold", "loves life" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

That stupid whistley iphone text alert noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

A Neurotic wrote: »

I'll see your whistley iphone text alert noise, and raise you my boss' "ring ring" ringtone set as a text alert, and a boyfriend that texts her... CONSTANTLY! :mad:

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    I'll see your whistley iphone text alert noise, and raise you my boss' "ring ring" ringtone set as a text alert, and a boyfriend that texts her... CONSTANTLY! :mad:

I actually heard banana phone in the office last week. Yes. Banana phone.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I actually heard banana phone in the office last week. Yes. Banana phone.

Ohh no. That's in my head for the evening now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Hate to tell ya, but there's 18 different species of mosquito IN Ireland.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Most of the fcukers manage to find me! :mad:

For all the posters that are tired of ould ones in front of them paying for their shopping in pennies, I think I just came across the best one ever; trivial, annoying, but seriously funny as fcuk! :D

Just home now from picking up a few things in Dunnes Stores, and there was this old lady in front of me still packing her stuff while I was fumbling for notes in my wallet, when €5 flipped out and fell on the floor.

I figured I'd pick it up in a minute rather than risk headbutting the old lady (I'm the most accident prone fcuk!). Next thing the old lady went from just crooked over to full on bent double in a flash, had the €5 up in her hand and was about to stuff it in her granny trolley when I held out my hand and said "Thank you".

I couldn't believe she actually hesitated before she uttered the line that still had me laughing half an hour later-

"Ohh sorrreeee, I thought it was mine..." :pac:

Reminded me of this -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

The way people respond when you tell them you've just broken up with your boyfriend. By people, I mean my family/friends! :P I know they all meant well but 3 things really got on my nerves today!

'Come on out with us this weekend and we'll show you how to be single and have fun'
    'You were so good together, you looked really happy'

The worst one....'You can do better than him anyway!!' Eh, you were the one saying he was lovely and perfect for me, now you're telling me I can do better because you think thats what I want to hear!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate parents who use shopping centres like they are creches. I've nothing against kids, they are after all, kids and they need to run around, I get that. But they should be properly supervised. Last week I narrowly avoided being headbutted in the abdomen by a child running around the shopping mall, not looking where he was going, while the parents were oblivious to him. If he'd bumped into me at the speed he was going and I'd been pregnant or had recent abodominal surgery it could have been a nightmare.

Today I couldn't believe my eyes while queueing in the supermarket. There was a dad playing tennis with his toddler down the length of the mall. I mean dafuq parents:eek::eek::confused::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

people In the sauna at the gym thst have to one up each other in while making sure everyone overhears

Person 1: i lifted so many weights today man
    Person 2: yeah will i said to my trainer put on more weights and he said there are none

shut the fcuk up i dont want to hear how much you can lift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

people In the sauna at the gym thst have to one up each other in while making sure everyone overhears

Person 1: i lifted so many weights today man
    Person 2: yeah will i said to my trainer put on more weights and he said there are none

shut the fcuk up i dont want to hear how much you can lift

Probably all porkies anyway! :D

• Advertisement

I left my wallet in my parents house on Sunday. Went down to get it today and left without it again! Couldnt buy cigarettes on the way home and now Im pretty sure Im turning into some sort of monster. I think Id do just about anything for a cigarette right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Slightly geeky, this one: I get annoyed at a particular stylistic cliché used on a lot of Internet videos. I think it's all done using the same software (Adobe After Effects): the "fake camera movement" added to still images. Examples:

1) Obvious effect on every shot = annoying, and it detracts from what are otherwise beautiful pictures:

2) A more subtle, creative example: less of the effect, on about half the shots = much less annoying:

It wouldn't be so annoying if it hadn't become such a cliché. Apparently, someone decided "the camera can never stand still", and so movement has to be added if there isn't any to begin with ... :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

when you ask someone something and they answer "What", But they have clearly heard what you have asked, and they make you repeat it....while they process their answer. Sometimes i just stare at them until they answer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

The way people respond when you tell them you've just broken up with your boyfriend. By people, I mean my family/friends! :P I know they all meant well but 3 things really got on my nerves today!

'Come on out with us this weekend and we'll show you how to be single and have fun'
    'You were so good together, you looked really happy'

The worst one....'You can do better than him anyway!!' Eh, you were the one saying he was lovely and perfect for me, now you're telling me I can do better because you think thats what I want to hear!?

Sorry to hear you broke up with your boyfriend. I remember reading a post of yours about the two of you and you seemed happy together. (Sorry, that's going to add to the list of comments that will get on your nerves but I mean well :pac:)

Anyway, hope you're alright!

Sorry to hear you broke up with your boyfriend. I remember reading a post of yours about the two of you and you seemed happy together. (Sorry, that's going to add to the list of comments that will get on your nerves but I mean well :pac:)

Anyway, hope you're alright!

Oh stop Im just an idiot. Freaked out big time and broke up with him...for the second time. :( Ive made my bed, now I can cry in it! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Dublin Bus stopping every 200m

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Camrat wrote: »
    when you ask someone something and they answer "What" ...
    Another related one is people who say "Which?" in that situation. At least "What?" works in that context, but "Which?" is used to ask someone to make a choice from a set of options e.g. "which beer shall I get you?". It's not a general question starter. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Oh stop Im just an idiot. Freaked out big time and broke up with him...for the second time. :( Ive made my bed, now I can cry in it! Thanks

Cuddle him! He will be so shocked at your level of commitment that you're willing to cuddle him that he'll instantly get back with you :pac:

Very original comment I know :o

Cuddle him! He will be so shocked at your level of commitment that you're willing to cuddle him that he'll instantly get back with you :pac:

Very original comment I know :o

:D we always cuddled! I never had a choice! Im back on the anti cuddles bandwagon now !!

• Advertisement

Camrat wrote: »
    when you ask someone something and they answer "What", But they have clearly heard what you have asked, and they make you repeat it....while they process their answer. Sometimes i just stare at them until they answer....

I think everybodys guilty of this at some stage :o

I HATE when I do this. It's like an automatic response "What?" and then about half a second later after I've said "what" I realise I actually did hear the person :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement