Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Baseball.

Not the actual game itself, but the mad scramble by so called grown ups for the foul ball that comes near them.
    I have seen them taking it out of the grasp of children. Its a fu@kin' ball not the elixir of eternal life.
    Hot dog stuffing, warmongering, inbred sons of guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ohh no. That's in my head for the evening now! :(

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring....banana phone! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

People who post status like this on Facebook.
    "Had a bad day. Don't want to talk about it"
    You're an attention whore.
    Don't get me started on the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Not sure f it's been mentioned, but videos from smartphones and widescreens do not gel together well. Watching this tiny strip of video with huge empty spaces either side. Are these phones not capable of recording while being held on their side?

Seemingly able-bodied, relatively young men using free travel passes :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

After the whole "giving up your seat" thread, I think "seemingly" will be the main one there

Baseball.

Not the actual game itself, but the mad scramble by so called grown ups for the foul ball that comes near them.
    I have seen them taking it out of the grasp of children. Its a fu@kin' ball not the elixir of eternal life.
    Hot dog stuffing, warmongering, inbred sons of guns.

laughing so much at that :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    After the whole "giving up your seat" thread, I think "seemingly" will be the main one there

eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    eh?

Chap could have a heart condition, or some other non-obvious thing that means he is quite entitled to his travel pass.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Chap could have a heart condition, or some other non-obvious thing that means he is quite entitled to his travel pass.
    sure...probably should think about giving up the smokes so :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring....banana phone! lol

thats-a-paddlin-30027.jpg

Women who do really tiny, delicate little sneezes (and some actually say "achoo") maaaaaaaddening :(

kowloon wrote: »
    Not sure f it's been mentioned, but videos from smartphones and widescreens do not gel together well. Watching this tiny strip of video with huge empty spaces either side. Are these phones not capable of recording while being held on their side?

Missed this earlier but Jesus, absolutely! Photos also get the same skinny treatment! I mean, there are settings on the phone to avoid this sort of thing! :mad:

Actually, that reminds me, but it's more than trivial, it's just downright frustrating -

Technophobes! I mean people completely RESISTANT to learning how to utilise the technology they have to improve their productivity and efficiency.

The type of person that spends €500 on a phone and doesn't make full use of it's capabilities, the same people that'll throw money at the snazziest laptop or multi-function bells and whistles laser printer and then just use them to browse the internet or print off a few documents every so often, then tell you they've no money in their budget...

Frustrating, exasperating, absolutely drives me up the god damn wall when I try to get them to see they don't NEED any more technology, just LEARN to use what they have more efficiently and productively! :mad:

/rant

*Untwists knickers*

Grand now, carry on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

People getting on the Green line Luas from Harcout St to Stephens Green. Walk you lazy feckers

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Missed this earlier but Jesus, absolutely! Photos also get the same skinny treatment! I mean, there are settings on the phone to avoid this sort of thing! :mad:

Actually, that reminds me, but it's more than trivial, it's just downright frustrating -

Technophobes! I mean people completely RESISTANT to learning how to utilise the technology they have to improve their productivity and efficiency.

The type of person that spends €500 on a phone and doesn't make full use of it's capabilities, the same people that'll throw money at the snazziest laptop or multi-function bells and whistles laser printer and then just use them to browse the internet or print off a few documents every so often, then tell you they've no money in their budget...

Frustrating, exasperating, absolutely drives me up the god damn wall when I try to get them to see they don't NEED any more technology, just LEARN to use what they have more efficiently and productively! :mad:

/rant

*Untwists knickers*

Grand now, carry on :D

omGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! people who touch my touchscreen in the wrong place and kill whatever I was trying to show them. "Oh..its gone...where did it go?" Bandy thumbed gobs1tes!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Application rejections.

Nothing worse than being told how useless you are. Repeatedly.

At least with the ones that don't bother responding, you can lie to yourself and believe they never got it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

People who use the phrase 'twitter machine.' Really gets on my tits.

'I saw this on the twitter machine.'

Fcuk OFF!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

People who use the phrase 'twitter machine.' Really gets on my tits.

'I saw this on the twitter machine.'

Fcuk OFF!

2fm DJs are THE worst for that. It's so irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

LizT wrote: »
    2fm DJs are THE worst for that. It's so irritating.
    George Hook does it too.

Anecdotally i know a girl who he told 'I'd love to eat chips out of your knickers arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...' But that is slightly off topic and not relevant here.

I can hear hear his voice in my head saying it. Gives me the cold sweats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

George Hook does it too.

Anecdotally i know a girl who he told 'I'd love to eat chips out of your knickers arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...' But that is slightly off topic and not relevant here.

Never mind cold sweats. I nearly gave back my lovely toasted ham sandwich after reading that!! WTF :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Women who do really tiny, delicate little sneezes (and some actually say "achoo") maaaaaaaddening :(
    Hate it. A put on little act for when they are in public, I'm a lady don't you know :rolleyes:
    Also hate those people who wont sneeze in public, they shut their mouth tightly and hold it in, [aaah...aah...aaaaaah...muffled snort]. Just sneeze ffs, you wont be arrested for it.

Hate it. A put on little act for when they are in public, I'm a lady don't you know :rolleyes:
    Also hate those people who wont sneeze in public, they shut their mouth tightly and hold it in, [aaah...aah...aaaaaah...muffled snort]. Just sneeze ffs, you wont be arrested for it.

I know right! I'm always terrified when people suppress sneezes that I'm going to be hit by an eyeball travelling at 30 mph :o

I know right! I'm always terrified when people suppress sneezes that I'm going to be hit by an eyeball travelling at 30 mph :o

Almost keeled over laughing at that, BUT, I will say in defence of sneeze suppressors -

There's not much worse than a sneezer's cack handed attempt at spray suppression when they hold their hand in front of their mouth, and it STILL goes everywhere (like a guy with a prince albert piercing going for a pìss!), including their mucous covered hands that they then look around for something to wipe them on! :(

How is holding back a sneeze worse than sneezing everywhere?

I get annoyed by the exact opposite of your description. When people turn what could be a small, held-back sneeze into a performance reminiscent of a very very short opera. HAAAAACCCHHHHOOoo blerugh chugh lap lap sniff. Especially on the train/bus, when all I can do is imagine lots of snot particles settling on me from the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

George Hook does it too.

I just puked in my mouth a little bit. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How is holding back a sneeze worse than sneezing everywhere?

I get annoyed by the exact opposite of your description. When people turn what could be a small, held-back sneeze into a performance reminiscent of a very very short opera. HAAAAACCCHHHHOOoo blerugh chugh lap lap sniff. Especially on the train/bus, when all I can do is imagine lots of snot particles settling on me from the air.

I didn't say you should sneeze everywhere true or false, I hate that too, use a tissue.
    Sneeze keepers really get my goat though, my friend will supress about 6 sneezes in the space of a minute with more difficulty each time.
    The silly thing about her is she covers her nose and mouth with a tissue while she suppresses :confused: I want to tell her 'just ****ing sneeze for once, live a little'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

When a vending machine won't accept your coins, even when you have the exact change. :( :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

News readers referring to "savita" as if they, or the whole country knew her personally.
    A tragic case, with the added ignominy of all her medical details being announced to the nation, most cases like this would probably refer to Mr./ Ms. /Miss.
    And yes I know it's a trivial thing in the context of what happened but....

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Raic

People saying "still available" on adverts.ie when they want to know if something is still for sale; is a question mark so hard? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Shop assistants that say altogether when you have bought 1 item...

Me: "I will have a €4 quick pick please"
    Shop assistant "that will be €4 altogether"
    Me: "no **** sherlock"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement