Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shop assistants that say altogether when you have bought 1 item...

Me: "I will have a €4 quick pick please"
    Shop assistant "that will be €4 altogether"
    Me: "no **** sherlock"

Customers who belittle me when I have the temerity to tell them how much they're being charged altogether :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I didn't say you should sneeze everywhere true or false, I hate that too, use a tissue.
    Sneeze keepers really get my goat though, my friend will supress about 6 sneezes in the space of a minute with more difficulty each time.
    The silly thing about her is she covers her nose and mouth with a tissue while she suppresses :confused: I want to tell her 'just ****ing sneeze for once, live a little'.

"Just ****ing sneeze for once, live a little" lololol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Shop assistants that say altogether when you have bought 1 item...

Me: "I will have a €4 quick pick please"
    Shop assistant "that will be €4 altogether"
    Me: "no **** sherlock"

For me it's shop assistants who slam the change back at you. :mad:

How would you like it if I slammed the money on the counter you CNUT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People who don't cover their mouths when they sneeze. Seriously. In fact it's not trivial at all. It makes me ILL when some numpty lets out an explosive clusterfcuk of bacteria at twenty miles an hour in a public place and then has the temerity to not even look ashamed of themselves.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Merkin wrote: »
    when some numpty lets out an explosive clusterfcuk of bacteria at twenty miles an hour

more like 100mph. And yes, that's rotten

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Eating oranges in confined spaces should be illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Add to that cheese and onion crisps! EWWWW...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

A guy in my national school used this as a weapon! Whenever he was eating Tayto cheese and onion crisps, he'd belch but keep the air in his mouth and then come over and blow into some unfortunate's face!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Prawn cocktail crisps are worse. Make a person's breath smell like fish vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Adverts and Film trailers on DVD boxsets, especially those that wont allow you to skip through them, just displays the "function not allowed at the moment" message.
    Part of the reason I bought them was to avoid sitting through moronic ads and film previews i have no interest in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

That little bit of white saliva thats builds up on the side of someones mouth when you're talking to them. (usually cokeheads).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Camrat wrote: »
    That little bit of white saliva thats builds up on the side of someones mouth when you're talking to them. (usually cokeheads).

Rabies, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Dartz wrote: »
    Application rejections.

Nothing worse than being told how useless you are. Repeatedly.

At least with the ones that don't bother responding, you can lie to yourself and believe they never got it in the first place.

Im the total opposite. At least have the fecking decency to tell me, you dicks. Drives me mad and nothing makes you feel more useless than whoever you're applying to not even considering it worth their while to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

+ 1 for the above. So annoying when you wait around for ages for an application that you are reasonably optimistic about, only to get no word back at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Lofty123 wrote: »
    Adverts and Film trailers on DVD boxsets, especially those that wont allow you to skip through them, just displays the "function not allowed at the moment" message.
    Part of the reason I bought them was to avoid sitting through moronic ads and film previews i have no interest in.

hahaha "you wouldnt steal a handbag"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Lofty123 wrote: »

Hit stop, stop and play and most DVD skip straight to the menu supposedly.

http://lifehacker.com/5518076/hit-stop-+-stop-+-play-and-other-tricks-to-skip-dvd-trailers-and-warnings

Another of life's irritants solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I hate the saying 'he handled it like a boss' which means he did a good job. The majority of my bosses were incompetent **** who couldn't handle a nun shoot in a nunnery.
    They should be saying he handled it like an underpayed and underappreciated employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

The chime my laptop makes when loading up or shutting down drives me insane if I have forgotten to mute the volume on it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

lightswitches, its all black and white with em no in between, stupid polarising bastards :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Merkin wrote: »
    People who don't cover their mouths when they sneeze. Seriously. In fact it's not trivial at all. It makes me ILL when some numpty lets out an explosive clusterfcuk of bacteria at twenty miles an hour in a public place and then has the temerity to not even look ashamed of themselves.....:mad:

I think youll find its about 100 mph ifd not waaaaaaaaaay more but at least that, so Im covered...unlike them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I am incredibly impatient. I get annoyed when I am the first person to miss the amber and have to wait at a red light :D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭agriman27

I hate the knot on a baler twine. Always is in the wrong place when ur tryin to tie something with it gets in the way lad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

andrew1977 wrote: »
    The chime my laptop makes when loading up or shutting down drives me insane if I have forgotten to mute the volume on it.:D
    So go into settings and turn it off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Raic

Thargor wrote: »
    So go into settings and turn it off then.

He probably has a Mac, it's a firmware setting and it can't be fully disabled. You can use a program like StartNinja to stop it, but it will then play if you have earphones in, if I recall correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really hate ar*ey and ungrateful people. I was walking a long minding my own business today, as one does, when I noticed that the belt on the coat of the woman in front of me was trailing on the ground behind her and she was going to lose it. So as we were waiting to cross the road at the traffic lights I told her that she was losing the belt on her coat. Did she thank me for telling her? Did she fcuk, her response was to get arsey and shout 'what?' angrily at me. Fcuk it, no more good deeds for me in future:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I really hate ar*ey and ungrateful people. I was walking a long minding my own business today, as one does, when I noticed that the belt on the coat of the woman in front of me was trailing on the ground behind her and she was going to lose it. So as we were waiting to cross the road at the traffic lights I told her that she was losing the belt on her coat. Did she thank me for telling her? Did she fcuk, her response was to get arsey and shout 'what?' angrily at me. Fcuk it, no more good deeds for me in future:mad:

Ahh I suppose it just depends on the person Pumpkinseeds, like sure, the woman you met today was an àrse about it, but speaking of àrses, there a few days ago I spotted a girl with the label of her thong sticking up out the back of her pants; definitely a trivial annoyance of mine, so when we were waiting at the pedestrian crossing I told her that her tag on her thong was sticking up... she was a little embarrassed but she said thank you all the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ahh I suppose it just depends on the person Pumpkinseeds, like sure, the woman you met today was an àrse about it, but speaking of àrses, there a few days ago I spotted a girl with the label of her thong sticking up out the back of her pants; definitely a trivial annoyance of mine, so when we were waiting at the pedestrian crossing I told her that her tag on her thong was sticking up... she was a little embarrassed but she said thank you all the same :D
    Tut tut, Czarcasm, what are you like looking at young girls arses for errant thongs:D

Tut tut, Czarcasm, what are you like looking at young girls arses for errant thongs:D

T'was kinda hard to miss Pumpkinseeds when she wasn't wearing much else! :o:D

Damn shìtty weather has returned with a vengeance, that's annoying! :mad:

Czarcasm wrote: »

How did you know it was a thong?

• Advertisement

How did you know it was a thong?

Because it was sticking up out of her pants? That's how I saw the label that was flipped up out of it, looked terrible, so I let her know...

I'm helpful like that :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement