Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Baseball.

Not the actual game itself, but the mad scramble by so called grown ups for the foul ball that comes near them.
    I have seen them taking it out of the grasp of children. Its a fu@kin' ball not the elixir of eternal life.
    Hot dog stuffing, warmongering, inbred sons of guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

One thing that has started to bug me over the past few months is this fashion for guys to wear those oversized woolly beanie hats - you know the ones that look like feckin' smurf hats! Pulled down reeeeeal low over their eyebrows and ears and flopping over at the back of their heads - even during the recent hot weather, they were out with them!!

We did say trivial things, right??... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    One thing that has started to bug me over the past few months is this fashion for guys to wear those oversized woolly beanie hats - you know the ones that look like feckin' smurf hats! Pulled down reeeeeal low over their eyebrows and ears and flopping over at the back of their heads - even during the recent hot weather, they were out with them!!

We did say trivial things, right??... ;)

Oh stop. It's not just those hats that bug me on fellas eithsr. Skinny jeans, those manky shoes some wear with no socks, shirts buttoned up to the neck, weird cardigans.

And don't start me in the bane of my life, fcuking Converse. I don't care if you look like Tommy Bowe, if you're wearing Converse, I wouldn't bring you to the bog, never mind be seen with you in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I thought those oversized wooly beanies and rasta hats were around decades? Same with young girls wearing snapbacks thinking they're new and "trendy" - again, they're around decades!

I just know the flares and fishtail collars are due to make a comeback any day now :D

Aaanyway, back on topic - name droppers, the "do you know who I am?" types.

I was having a coffee there with my wife, the guy at the table next to us interrupted to ask me where I got my tie, yada yada, bit of pleasant conversation, and then he drops the "do you know who I am?" bomb...

"Should I?", I replied.

"I'm the City Mayor!"...

I stifled an amused snicker and just goes "Ohh right" :pac:

I mean, how does one act suitably impressed in these situations? Nice chap anyway, despite the initial irritating name drop!

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Because it was sticking up out of her pants?

That annoys me too. Especially on very young girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I thought those oversized wooly beanies and rasta hats were around decades? Same with young girls wearing snapbacks thinking they're new and "trendy" - again, they're around decades!!

You're showing your age now Czar! You'd think people would have learned the first time. Those hats are ridiculous.

That annoys me too. Especially on very young girls.

Seeeriously?

She was well into her 20's, it's not like I make a habit of eyeballing underage girls àrses in fairness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jon Bon Jovi's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

When my earphones get tangled in knots when put in pocket

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    When my earphones get tangled in knots when put in pocket

I always read your username as "wrapthehead" and I was going to suggest that indeed you, well, get the headphones that wrap around your head! :D

Me I just tuck the earphones lead inside my shirt and the end comes out over my pants and into my àrse pocket, plugs into my phone.

Anyway, the thanks button on the touch site, it's as sloooow :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

The US system of writing the date with the month first e.g. June 15th 2013

Makes way more sense to have it 15th June 2013 with it going from day to month to year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I always read your username as "wrapthehead" and I was going to suggest that indeed you, well, get the headphones that wrap around your head! :D

Me I just tuck the earphones lead inside my shirt and the end comes out over my pants and into my àrse pocket, plugs into my phone.

Anyway, the thanks button on the touch site, it's as sloooow :mad:
    Haha that's new one- usually people read it as "w-prathead" but originally was meant be read as "w.p.-rathead"... (yes cool story, I need more dragons ha)

Agree about the touch screen thanks
    You will press it and nothin will happen so you press it again but then it'll change to Unthank and straight back to Thank as it thinks you'v pressed Unthank :/

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

There's not much worse than a sneezer's cack handed attempt at spray suppression when they hold their hand in front of their mouth, and it STILL goes everywhere (like a guy with a prince albert piercing going for a pìss!), including their mucous covered hands that they then look around for something to wipe them on! :(

If you think that's bad, try it with vomit.

Sat beside a guy in primary school who wasn't feeling well.

All of a sudden he vomited but put his hand over his mouth trying to stop it. However rather than stopping it, it simply caused it to spray out in an ark in front of him.

Luckily I was sitting behind him......the people in the row in front of him werent so lucky :eek:

To top it off, he nun teaching us had zero sympathy for him and pretty much started giving out to him straight away almost suggesting he had done it on purpose.

68Murph68 wrote: »
    If you think that's bad, try it with vomit.

Sat beside a guy in primary school who wasn't feeling well.

All of a sudden he vomited but put his hand over his mouth trying to stop it. However rather than stopping it, it simply caused it to spray out in an ark in front of him.

Luckily I was sitting behind him......the people in the row in front of him werent so lucky :eek:

To top it off, he nun teaching us had zero sympathy for him and pretty much started giving out to him straight away almost suggesting he had done it on purpose.

Ohh I've been there myself, but it was in the club, I was talking to a girl and next thing I got a tap on the shoulder, I turned round and standing there was an emaciated looking girl that didn't look well at all at all. I just had an instant shock reaction and felt the first heave, worst mistake was thinking the best way to the toilet was a straight line thru the dance floor!

I nearly managed to make it across the dance floor when I felt the second heave and was too slow to put my hand over my mouth! Christ, it went... everywhere.

The crowd parted like the red sea and I managed to make it to a urinal just in time for the third heave and was almost empty when I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Oh Jesus, not again!" I thought, turned around and there was the bouncer indicating that I take my leave of the establishment, pointing towards the way out with his thumb.

I had to do some walk of shame, all the while whimpering that I wasn't actually drunk, but he was having none of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ironic mustaches and all the accompanying hipster clichés that go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The shock when you put your ass on a cold toilet seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The shock when you put your ass on a cold toilet seat.

I hope it wasn't a strange toilet seat you sat on! Didn't your Mummy tell you never to sit on bog seats other than your own? :cool:

I hope it wasn't a strange toilet seat you sat on! Didn't your Mummy tell you never to sit on bog seats other than your own? :cool:

You must have a very uncomfortable week when you go on your holidays so :p.

"Thank you for being a good dad"...

I can't wait to see HIS report card! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

What is the Indo's fascination with Gerald Keane and his bird Lisa?
    Every week the Sindo runs that ridiculous picture of them in the French gear with a relationship update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

thee glitz wrote: »
    Every week the Sindo runs that ridiculous picture of them in the French gear with a relationship update.
    Its so weird isnt it? I grind my teeth when I read it, only at my parents house because I wouldn't spend my own money on that trash but their "society" coverage in the Indo always amazes me in how completely irrelevant it is to 99.99% of the population.

Its like whatever D4 muppet writes it thinks that just because he/she knows these losers personally the rest of the country must want to know about them too, the stories are all the broadly the same aswell just the names rearranged. The worst is the coverage they give of what that bankrupt bearded fat fcuk of a developer is up to this week, the one who hangs around with Brian O Driscolls ex from TV3, who gives a sh1t? There have been literally hundreds of articles about these people always doing the same irrelevant crap over the last few years :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

People picking a fight/argument with you and then telling you "you're so argumentative". Eh, you started it.

Turning off the telly but leaving the DVD player on.

Leaving a mouthful of juice in the carton and then putting it back in the fridge.

Nosy eaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

thee glitz wrote: »

I agree with you 100%, who the fcku cares about what some waster like Lisa gets up to in her "spare" time, which is all the time. I mean, what exactly does she DO for a living? Can someone answer that? From what I see, she seems to just leech off rich older men and swan around clubs having arguments with equally pointless D4 wasters. I mean, thousands of people are being killed in Syria and this idiot gets the front page. Waste of oxygen, both of them,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Men who spit on the street for no reason, especially after having a good auld noisy clear of the sinuses. I have to say this makes me grind my teeth with rage. It is the skangery-est thing ever.

Unless you have a mouthful of poo (and I'm asking no questions here!!), there is no reason to spit ANYTHING out on the street. Ever.

I agree with you 100%, who the fcku cares about what some waster like Lisa gets up to in her "spare" time, which is all the time. I mean, what exactly does she DO for a living? Can someone answer that? From what I see, she seems to just leech off rich older men and swan around clubs having arguments with equally pointless D4 wasters. I mean, thousands of people are being killed in Syria and this idiot gets the front page. Waste of oxygen, both of them,

From what I can see people like her make money giving interviews which 'reveal the shocking truth' to ****ty newspapers and magazines. When they've become well enough known they might release their own brand of lingirie or perfume, produce a ghostwritten autobiography every two years and if they are really lucky get a weekly reality show which follows them in their daily life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

God help me but I actually read both articles about them today, for research purposes.
    My favourite part, from Barry Egan's - " 'I'm just laying low at the moment. I hate all this publicity surrounding my private life.' I felt for her".
    So you wrote a 500 word article in a 905,000 readership paper about her!

She runs a salon which he supports to the tune of several hundred k.

I wouldn't mind (notice?) if they buried this tripe in the d4 supplement.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Thataone wrote: »

Nosy eaters.

What did you have for lunch today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

RTE on a Saturday night .... I mean they got rid of premier soccer saturday (I know the presenters weren't great but I liked it because it was on early and focused more on Irish players and issues E.g. Clubs interested in James McCarthy) , but instead we have to watch "The Saturday night show" with Brennan O Connor is with his utterly diabolical jokes and personality on top of some Z listed celebrities doesn't make me feel happy on a Saturday night it in fact makes me some what depressed :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

paddzdaman wrote: »
    RTE on a Saturday night .... I mean they got rid of premier soccer saturday (I know the presenters weren't great but I liked it because it was on early and focused more on Irish players and issues E.g. Clubs interested in James McCarthy) , but instead we have to watch "The Saturday night show" with Brennan O Connor is with his utterly diabolical jokes and personality on top of some Z listed celebrities doesn't make me feel happy on a Saturday night it in fact makes me some what depressed :(

I agree, except they're usually not Z Lists celebrities. They're usually the Z list celebrities' sisters' mother-in-laws' hairdresser.

Having said that, I don't watch that show simply because I don't want to lose the will to live!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement