Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

In fairness you do have to watch Saturday night show at least once :D ... He try's this Jay Leno approach of saying funny jokes on current affairs but not only is the jokes terrible but his deliverance of jokes is even worse :D ... I know its bad to say but I remember watching a young lad going on about how he has to mind his disabled bothers and sisters ... I know he is in a terrible situation but I dont want to hear about his life ... I want to hear from someone who will make me laugh or make me feel good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Camrat wrote: »
    Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong......

then comes the hardest part. do you admit you were wrong or keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Windows 8, makes me want to throw my new laptop through the wall:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Having to log into boards again even though you've ticked the "keep me logged in / remember me" box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nosey family members that look to see what you are doing on your laptop and see you on boards and compromises your boards account username :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Men who spit on the street for no reason, especially after having a good auld noisy clear of the sinuses. I have to say this makes me grind my teeth with rage. It is the skangery-est thing ever.

Unless you have a mouthful of poo (and I'm asking no questions here!!), there is no reason to spit ANYTHING out on the street. Ever.

I think its disgusting too, the noise makes me gag!

I was walking down the road a few weeks ago and I felt really unwell, I was 50/50 on whether or not I was going to vomit. My mouth started filling up with saliva really fast, I couldnt swallow it because i knew Id instantly vomit so I had to discreetly spit it out :o Oh, the shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you are queueing to pay for something and the person at the cashier in front has finished their transaction but is using up a few seconds to get their stuff together (dont mind that) but then the cashier starts saying "next!" and looking at you (and some even put out their hands to take your goods) while the other poor customer is still trying to stuff their change back in the wallet or whatever. Reeeeeeeealy annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Trivial Pursuit. You take out the box while telling everyone 'C'mon, it'll be great!' and then you realise that all the current questions in your edition are about 15 years out of date and four hours and several glasses of wine later you have all lost the ability to answer any of the questions and you desperately want someone to win before someone hangs themselves to escape the sheer drudgery of it all…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Trivial Pursuit. You take out the box while telling everyone 'C'mon, it'll be a great idea!' and then you realise that all the current questions in your edition are about 15 years out of date and four hours and several glasses of wine later you have all lost the ability to answer any of the questions and you desperately want someone to win before someone hangs themselves to escape the sheer drudgery of it all…

Dropping one of the "wedges" and standing on it... owww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People wearing trouseres that are too short. What the fcuk is wrong with you? Did you not check the length of them when you bought them? Are you blind?

You look completely ridiculous with them swinging at your ankles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Rasheed wrote: »
    People wearing trouseres that are too short. What the fcuk is wrong with you? Did you not check the length of them with you bought them? Are you blind?

Or the guys that wear pants that are an inch too long and bunch around their shoes, wrinkling the crease in the pants, and if I see another grown man that can't do a tie properly... I'd to resist the urge one day to grab a guys tie and pull it from round his neck and do it properly for him!

I don't even get irritated any more, it's just bloody annoying but I have to put up with it - some men just never learned the proper way to do a windsor knot, that half knot just looks atrocious! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

My local Tescos increases the price of certain product's Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sunday's. It's not much only 50cent here a euro there. but it pisses me off. Why can they charge more at weekends.

How is this legal?

My local Tescos increases the price of certain product's Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sunday's. It's not much only 50cent here a euro there. but it pisses me off. Why can they charge more at weekends.

How is this legal?

Weird. Maybe its to do with insurance? You know how pubs charge more after a certain time because of insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Weird. Maybe its to do with insurance? You know how pubs charge more after a certain time because of insurance?

I didn't realise thats why pubs charge more after midnight, smelly b*****ds.

Apparently it's not illegal to increase pricing and its not controlled by law. Shops or traders can in fact increase the prices to take advantage of seasonal demand or a particular occasion as long as there pricing is clear and accurate.

Is this not like a monopoly?

I know i don't have to shop there, but i have to shop somewhere and if all shops are doing it. I/We end up paying more because.....well just because!

http://www.nca.ie/nca/pricing-rules

I didn't realise thats why pubs charge more after midnight, smelly b*****ds.

Apparently it's not illegal to increase pricing and its not controlled by law. Shops or traders can in fact increase the prices to take advantage of seasonal demand or a particular occasion as long as there pricing is clear and accurate.

Is this not like a monopoly?

I know i don't have to shop there, but i have to shop somewhere and if all shops are doing it. I/We end up paying more because.....well just because!

http://www.nca.ie/nca/pricing-rules[/QUOTE]

I think a monopoly is more like if there is just one so they know they can charge whatever they like as their is no competition. not sure though. Thievin b*stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Rasheed wrote: »
    People wearing trouseres that are too short. What the fcuk is wrong with you? Did you not check the length of them when you bought them? Are you blind?

Ankle bashers, they do my head in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Pillows. Lately I'm getting really infuriated by pillows. No matter how much I pay for 1 or what brand I buy the bloody things just collapse in the middle so there's no neck support and I spend most of the night tossing and turning(not in a good way) trying to get comfortable. On a couple of occassions once I've taken them out of the packaging they're already fcuked and look like someones just put 2 seperate pieces inside. A sleep deprived Pumpkinseeds is a terrifying sight indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Finding an An Post "sorry we missed you" letter in my postbox, when I've been home all day awaiting delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Finding an An Post "sorry we missed you" letter in my postbox, when I've been home all day awaiting delivery!

That's why I always leave my masturbating in the ensuite with with the headphones on until after I hear the knock on the door from the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

That's why I always leave my masturbating in the ensuite with with the headphones on until after I hear the knock on the door from the postman.

Not even a knock for me. No proper attempted delivery at all, double checked my little security cam just to be sure I didn't miss him by some fluke!! not the first time it's happened either! Really gets under my skin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I get the same when I'm expecting packages, the postman NEVER rings, let alone twice, but you try to find time to knock one out on the sly and THAT'S the time when every fcuker in the phone book chooses to call you! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Not even a knock for me. No proper attempted delivery at all, double checked my little security cam just to be sure I didn't miss him by some fluke!! not the first time it's happened either! Really gets under my skin!

I feel your pain, a few times I've caught them about to put the notice in the postbox. Buggers couldn't be bothered to carry it thus forcing me to have to go to them:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

When faces, reg plates etc are blurred out on TV programmes. Don't know why but it just really p1sses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

YouTube videos that play for 5 seconds, then freeze, play for another 5 seconds, then freeze again etc.

I have a perfectly good Internet connection and a relatively new computer so no excuses really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

That little bit of white saliva thats builds up on the side of someones mouth when you're talking to them. (usually cokeheads).

Big time bugs me!!! Hate it even more when it lands on my top lip and both of us stand there mortified - them because they can see it and me as I pretend not to notice/feel it. ( not usually coke heads though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

When I wake up at 4 in the morning and the Tom Dunne repeat is on the radio, especially if he has Mary McEvoy on, and I can't find the remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Untrustworthy ****ing assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

When someone opens a packet arseways, so that pouring accurately from the packet is near impossible. Or closing the packet without spilling half the un-poured contents is impossible. Or there is a bit of the half snipped packet hanging off getting in the way. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When every single news reader now has to tell you that the piece contains flashing images/disturbing images/scenes that some may find distressing.

How did we ever survive before they did this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Untrustworthy ****ing assholes

Sounds deep!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement