Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cnuts who wear rucksacks in shops & bang off everyone when they turn.

They come with a loop. Carry the damn thing!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CazMarch

I'm so scared reading all of the replies. I'm going to bed and never getting up again for fear of upsetting you. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

When you go to bed tonight, when you fall into that soft pillow you lay your worried head on to. Look to what ever side your partners head lays, and just snuggle up, and hold on as if the world is about to end. That may seem trivial to some people, but its something that's made me wake up and realise, "yeah, fook it, life is good".... and, if you have an empty space beside you, know that, that space is waiting to be filled...and that is for you, and you only..to complete....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Smokers who think that 'outside' means standing in the doorway of the pub.

I know it's cold.
    I know it's raining.

I don't care.

Get out of my way and smoke outside.

And to that stupid woman who said "Well don't say excuse me anyway" as I barrelled through her and her fog of smoke as she blocked the door last Saturday:

No I won't.

You are blocking the thoroughfare. Illegaly and inconsiderately. Next time You say "Excuse me".

Grrrrr.

When you go to bed tonight, when you fall into that soft pillow you lay your worried head on to. Look to what ever side your partners head lays, and just snuggle up, and hold on as if the world is about to end. That may seem trivial to some people, but its something that's made me wake up and realise, "yeah, fook it, life is good".... and, if you have an empty space beside you, know that, that space is waiting to be filled...and that is for you, and you only..to complete....

And all this annoys you?

• Advertisement

Flyer28 wrote: »
    And all this annoys you?
    It doesn't annoy me. It just makes me realise certain things is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

It doesn't annoy me. It just makes me realise certain things is all...

Get out then! Jesus!

Oblivious people piss me off!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Silly ****ers that stop an have a conversation in the middle of an isle. Like step aside to one side boy.

People who stop before they get on an escalator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

People who say PIN number, or ATM machine.

What do you think the last f*****g letter stands for?

J Bourke wrote: »
    Get out then! Jesus!

Oblivious people piss me off!!! :mad:

Ah here, I have enough...wtf? I make a simple comment, no matter how much I define it, no matter how much I say whatever! What are you going on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Froggy123

Push chairs in small aisles in shops....e.g boots. Even if you are half way down the aisle, have been looking at something on the shelf for ages some people expect you to walk to the end of them aisle to let them past!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

People who walk ALONGSIDE their trolleys as they push them.

People who say using correct grammar isn't talking "normal loike". <- intentional spelling

That one carpet corner that has never been. nor ever will be flat like the rest of 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Ah here, I have enough...wtf? I make a simple comment, no matter how much I define it, no matter how much I say whatever! What are you going on about?

What are YOU on about?! Rambling about soft pillows, snuggling and life is good..

Be annoyed or get out! :mad:

Another thing that annoys me is when you get a taxi and the fair is €8.60 etc, hand them a tenner and they spend aaages rattling around trying to find change.. foolin noone here pal, cough up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Flyer28 wrote: »
    Smokers who think that 'outside' means standing in the doorway of the p

Get out of my way and smoke outisde[

In some U.S states you have to move 6ft from the doorway..by law!

J Bourke wrote: »
    What are YOU on about?! Rambling about soft pillows, snuggling and life is good..

Be annoyed or get out! :mad:

Another thing that annoys me is when you get a taxi and the fair is €8.60 etc, hand them a tenner and they spend aaages rattling around trying to find change.. foolin noone here pal, cough up!

Do you know something? For once, I am not going to lay down and die and ignore such a malicious and ignorant comments. What planet are you living on? I am tired of making, what are genuine comments, with no malicious intent or any or (certain) interpreted resentment "oblivious", Jesus tonight man...in fairness! What?

I call shenanigans here!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭beckman

I don't know if anyone knows someone or has seen someone do this, but people who pose the same way in every single picture that is taken of them like they know which is their good side so always have that tuned to the camera, chin down , eyes up.....fake smile plastered on their face.....I've been on a couple of pages on facebook where the person looks the same in every single picture....looks so fake......I never even think to have some stupid pose when I'm having my picture taken.........

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Local service stations/garages in the last 15 or whatever years.
    Once upon a time you went there for petrol/diesel and maybe check the tyres and oil.Now you cant even walk up to the outside window to pay - oh no - you must go inside to the attendant who is multi tasking with a deli,coffee bar and general grocery as well.That kind of **** is ok on a motorway service area but not in every place that sells fuel.

Do you know something? For once, I am not going to lay down and die and ignore such a malicious and ignorant comments. What planet are you living on? I am tired of making, what are genuine comments, with no malicious intent or any or (certain) interpreted resentment "oblivious", Jesus tonight man...in fairness! What?

I call shenanigans here!

What's the title of this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

poppyvally wrote: »

In some U.S states you have to move 6ft from the doorway..by law!
    i believe the same is here.. on phone so can't link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,694 ✭✭✭Corvo

When you go to A&E and the place is full of travellers.

For goodness sake, I made it here in a taxi with a rib sticking out and little JohnJo has a cold so the whole fecking tribe attends blocking up the place for hard working doctors and nurses.

Last time I was there, about 6 of them started squaring up to each other over a bag of chicken nuggets from a nearby garage while people suffered on trollies in a corridor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

When a person is talking and they say, for example, "I got the book off her" but they mean FROM her. Unless the book was physically ON her, you did not get it off her, you got it FROM her.

I know it's a stupid, tiny thing but it bugs me beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Teenagers and their over-use of the word "random." It absolutely wrecks my head. This "random humour" that they think is hilarious when really it's just a pathetic attempt to fit in or to come across as quirky. It's usually used by emo's and other useless trendy f**kers with goofy hair and luminous clothing.

Old people that hold up the queue in shops buying 2 and 3 of every scratch card, 3 or 4 quick picks and a Monday Millions, I always get caught behind them at express checkouts.

People that use indecipherable text language on Facebook. Plz ppl don do as dis rly anoys me.

When I'm stuck in a film on tv and somebody is in the room making a racket rummaging in a crisp packet. Bugs the **** out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A neighbour of mine recently had a washing line put up so high that its actually above the sensor light in her garden. She got a tradesman in to install metal poles on top of her 6 foot wall. Its bright orange so is impossible not to see it. This means that the first thing I'll see when I open the bedroom curtains every morning is a bright orange rope straight in front of me.
    For goodness sake the woman lives alone in a 3 bedroomed house, could she not get a clothes horse or a tumble dryer. I don't know why she just couldn't leave the washing line at the height it was at before, nobody wants to see the saggy underwear of an aging woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

When I'm in Dublin everyone calls me Sir. Really bugs me. Currently having the cure in the Shelbourne and everything is sir this, sir that. FFS we're all the same, no need for sir crap.

I do love this place though... fire is lit, lovely band playing and a pint in hand... and its not even lunchtime on a Sunday

People who stop before they get on an escalator.

People who stop when they get off an escalator.

I know elderly people need a second to steady themselves when they get off an escalator, but there's a whole queue of people behind who can't back up to give you a second - please try to move on!

People who go out, spend half the night checking facebook on their smartphone and the other half randomly constructing "fun" looking scenarios to take photos of to put up on facebook to prove to the world that they have a life. I'm much happier having fun and not remembering it than spending my time trying to prove to other people that I had fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

People ignoring butter tub etiquette

Remove the foil once you take off the lid.

Don't double dip your knife leaving crumbs in the butter.

Never scrape the butter remnants of your knife on the side of the tub, who the hell is going to want to use that!

Just bring your own butter, whatever you do will probably annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

the people who walk to the edge of the pedestrian crossing, then when you've stopped to leave them across, just turn and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Even as this is AH ( where not every post is to be taken seriously, shocking allegations I know !!!!!), there is a huge amount of grumpy old men & to be PC women, out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

People who dunk biscuits in their tea or coffee, it looks terrible and where is the appeal in a soggy biscuit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

razorgil wrote: »
    the people who walk to the edge of the pedestrian crossing, then when you've stopped to leave them across, just turn and walk away.
    Let them cross.

You've annoyed me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement