Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Shopping Channels.

Every thing about them.

Tat, tat and more diamanté tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Reaching for a spoon to eat my breakfast cereal and always pull a soup spoon rather than a regular (premium) spoon. Reaching for a soup spoon to carry out mundane kitchen duty, dont want to use a premium spoon for the task. Always pull a premium spoon. FFS. Is the day going to be like this? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I sometimes switch on QVC just to see how many superlatives I can hear in a minute.

Its "absolutely amazing".

No its not love, its a vacuum cleaner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

NIMAN wrote: »
    I sometimes switch on QVC just to see how many superlatives I can hear in a minute.

Its "absolutely amazing".

No its not love, its a vacuum cleaner.

Tbf, my vacuum cleaner is absolutely amazing. It gives me hours of pleasure and never loses its suction. Not even on my sausage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Sounds deep!

It is!

People who squeeze out the toothpaste but don't close or screw on the lid.

Opening cereal and not folding down the bag when your done with it.

Parents leading their children out in front or behind moving or reversing vehicles, and look at you with the stare of death because you don't stop.

Rude shop assistants who hold out their hand waiting for the monies without actually telling you how much it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Rasheed wrote: »
    People wearing trouseres that are too short. What the fcuk is wrong with you? Did you not check the length of them when you bought them? Are you blind?

You look completely ridiculous with them swinging at your ankles.

And when worn with white socks it is completely unforgiveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When sitting on the outside seat on a bus and the person on the inside decides to say,"excuse me" and stand up just as the bus is turning a corner. Maddening, and dangerous :eek:

It is!

People who squeeze out the toothpaste but don't close or screw on the lid.

Opening cereal and not folding down the bag when your done with it.

Parents leading their children out in front or behind moving or reversing vehicles, and look at you with the stare of death because you don't stop.

Rude shop assistants who hold out their hand waiting for the monies without actually telling you how much it is.

or just holding out their hand at all. Makes me all flustered and hurried :mad: added to this is when you hold out your hand for your change and they put it on the counter. Total rejection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

People who wear t-shirts with fashionable band logos (e.g. Ramones, Bowie, Rolling Stones, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, even Roxy Music most recently) yet don't listen to the band/don't know what they sound like/don't even know it's a band.

Automatic doors that open just a fraction of a second late so that you think, "oh Gawd am I gonna smack into this door and look like a tool?" but you dont quite have time to come to an abrupt stop either.

• Advertisement

The way people look at you when you get onto a bus.

The maddening way that there are always seats at the back but you have to squeeze down the aisle to get at them, accidentally bashing people on the head with yoru handbag.

Wondering what to do with an umbrella when you sit on a bus? Leave it on the floor and forget it? Prop it against the seat in front so that it keeps sliding? Hold it like you're a total knob?

The way people bottleneck at the top of the bus and refuse to get out of the fuuckin way even though there are seats behind

Just...buses! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The way people look at you when you get onto a bus.

The maddening way that there are always seats at the back but you have to squeeze down the aisle to get at them, accidentally bashing people on the head with yoru handbag.

Wondering what to do with an umbrella when you sit on a bus? Leave it on the floor and forget it? Prop it against the seat in front so that it keeps sliding? Hold it like you're a total knob?

The way people bottleneck at the top of the bus and refuse to get out of the fuuckin way even though there are seats behind

Just...buses! :mad:
    I usually have a small plastic bag in my handbag to put a wet umbrella in, it saves a lot of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I usually have a small plastic bag in my handbag to put a wet umbrella in, it saves a lot of hassle.

I must remember that the next day I take me golf umbrella with me!
    Shíte I don't even have a handbag. I'll put it in me pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

- People queuing for Ryanair flights 60minutes before departure, or before the plane is even there

- People standing up in the plane to get their bags, when seatbelt sign is still on and the planes not even at a full stop

- Women / Girls going to the shops in their pyjamas

- People wearing sunglasses indoors, or at night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Program dialogs that don't close when you press escape.

Shopkeepers leaving you short 1c in your change/not giving you change if its only 1c - its too small to complain about but fuucking maddening........

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Shopkeepers leaving you short 1c in your change/not giving you change if its only 1c - its too small to complain about but fuucking maddening........

Yet how many would let you off if you were 1c short?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've worked in a shop and 1c's are the most pointless thing in existence but the amount you fly through is crazy (Of course prices should be rounded up but thats a whole other argument). There's times when I've had to pop onto another till just get 1c change for a customer and they don't even want it.
    guttenberg wrote: »
    Yet how many would let you off if you were 1c short?:rolleyes:

Leaving 1c off is grand in theory but when you're adding up totals and you're takings don't match what's sold can lead to issues. Lets say there's 100 times, that's a euro. My point isn't the loss of a single euro but more so extra red-tape and possibly coming to the conclusion that some is stealing from the till. That's my view as somebody who used to be simply on the tills.

Customers ain't perfect either :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Long hair on lads. I've never seen it suit anyone. This fella I was mad about is after coming back from Australia with long feckin hair. He's destroyed, he looks ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

When you're stopped in your car at the lights for the little green man and the flucker who pressed the cross button has already crossed leaving me sitting there....delayed for 30 seconds... for someone who has crossed already.

Kills me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Mod post #739..

Feck off u lazy asshole and put it in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

People who wear geek glasses and think they look cool or original

People who say'hashtag'

People who misuse the word "literally". " I literally died"

People who spit as they're walking on the street

This smilie :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Rasheed wrote: »
    Long hair on lads. I've never seen it suit anyone. This fella I was mad about is after coming back from Australia with long feckin hair. He's destroyed, he looks ridiculous.

My boyfriend's friend has long hair, he looks like Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy (he's always getting asked to pose for photos). I hate long hair on guys too, but this guy really pulls it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

garv123 wrote: »
    Mod post #739..

Feck off u lazy asshole and put it in the OP.

On that (Mod) note - people who don't actually read the OP and jump in somewhere around the middle of a thread or at the end just to take issue with something and then fcuk off again, really gets on my tits!

pookiesboo wrote: »
    People who wear geek glasses and think they look cool or original

People who say'hashtag'

People who misuse the word "literally". " I literally died"

People who spit as they're walking on the street

This smilie :rolleyes:

Especially the ones who wear the oversized cardigans aswell. They all look the same...and 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

SeantheMan wrote: »
    - People queuing for Ryanair flights 60minutes before departure, or before the plane is even there

- People standing up in the plane to get their bags, when seatbelt sign is still on and the planes not even at a full stop

- Women / Girls going to the shops in their pyjamas

- People wearing sunglasses indoors, or at night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

My boyfriend's friend has long hair, he looks like Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy (he's always getting asked to pose for photos). I hate long hair on guys too, but this guy really pulls it off.

I had to google that lad. He's not bad but short back and sides would make him way sexier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Camrat wrote: »
    My local Tescos increases the price of certain product's Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sunday's. It's not much only 50cent here a euro there. but it pisses me off. Why can they charge more at weekends.

How is this legal?

Any shop is entitled to charge anything they want for the products they sell; they charge what they think the market will pay. It's called capitalism.

How could someone even begin to think that it isn't legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Men and particularly women communting to work in a nice business suit while wearing a big dirty pair of running shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Someone naming their child north west

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement