Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Someone naming their child north west
    I was genuinely expecting to hear they gave it the middle name "South-East".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

People who talk too much when I'm trying to watch a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Angron wrote: »
    I was genuinely expecting to hear they gave it the middle name "South-East".

Haha image the children in geography class. Never eat shredded wheat. The poor child would be tormented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I heard about someone who named their child Rocky.But then I found out they were travellers so I wasn't that surprised,poor kid though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Joggers running on the road or in cycle path.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Parking in the disabled spots in the local shopping centre.

Security man inside the door sees it all and either he doesn't care or he was told to do nothing by management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Shopkeepers leaving you short 1c in your change/not giving you change if its only 1c - its too small to complain about but fuucking maddening........

Xtravision don't give coppers at all

If it's 9.95 then forget about getting any change from your tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Culchie men in nightclubs swarming around one female (usually worse when they know dubs are around )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

When you are walking in your bare feet in the kitchen and stand in something wet on the ground usually milk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My boyfriend's friend has long hair, he looks like Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy (he's always getting asked to pose for photos). I hate long hair on guys too, but this guy really pulls it off.

Preferred him as Nathan in QAF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Kace wrote: »
    Men and particularly women communting to work in a nice business suit while wearing a big dirty pair of running shoes.

Beats ruining my nice indoor shoes or wearing shoes/heels that aren't the best for longer walks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Joggers running on the road or in cycle path.

Cyclists cycling on the road/walking path instead of the cycle path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Someone naming their child Doodle
    http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/kennelly-furious-over-biography-29365875.html

Also that Cube gameshow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

-holding out your hand in a shop for your change and then the assistant putting in on the counter leaving you hanging!

-cyclists not waiting at the redlight even though the green man is on.

-really slow walkers. also people who feel the need to cross over even though they walking really slow

-people who press the stop button on the bus but realise its the wrong stop. no one else gets off or on therefore wasting time.

-people who wait until the very end to start looking for money to pay for their goods or bus even though they were queuing for 10mins

-hate the phrase "okey dokey". it should be banned from every office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I hate this sort of weather at this time of yr, longest day of the year yet the conditions resemble the precise opposite.

Where's the masochists, that revel in this shìt... I hope you're happy at least, happy as pigs in cold, wet squally shìt.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Beats ruining my nice indoor shoes or wearing shoes/heels that aren't the best for longer walks :confused:

Do like the foreign girls do, wear a subtle pair of black Puma runners.

Allows you to keep the comfort of runners, and still looks reasonably stylish

making small talk with a taxi driver when hungover.......just feck off....i want to die in silence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

When at the back of a full bus and the damn stop button fails to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

when you are trying to cross the road against the lights and you see a car coming (ok so this is where you should remain on the pavement) but anyway, you walk halfway out as the car is in the far lane, with the intention of crossing behind it...and then it slows down.

crossing the road before the traffic lights- a car will continue to speed up even though their is a red light and a line of traffic. why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

The word "munch" being used instead of "food"

keano2012 wrote: »
    crossing the road before the traffic lights- a car will continue to speed up even though their is a red light and a line of traffic. why?

to intimidate you. I see this a lot. Sometimes I cross the road and the first car waiting starts to rev as if they are going to take off...I'm there looking at the green arrow for the cars crossing them going er...I dont think so...not yet mate :rolleyes:

...but if you want to use your mechanically propelled vehicle as a substitute for a 1 inch manhood dont let me stop you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

A Norn Irish brand of crisps called Tayto sold here in the UK.

http://www.tayto.com/

False and misleading branding. They are not the Tayto I know and love. Mr. Tayto is NOT the Mr. Tayto. He's a spud-headed imposter. As for them pushing the concept of Tayto Nation....purlease :rolleyes:

It's all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When people wave at you for 'letting' them cross the pedestrian crossing.

It doesn't really annoy me but it's funny. It's like thanking me for obeying the rules. Same goes for the yellow box rule when there's traffic. People wave as if you're letting them go. I'm not letting you go. I have to stop before the box, otherwise I'll be stuck in the middle blocking traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

When people wave at you for 'letting' them cross the pedestrian crossing.

It doesn't really annoy me but it's funny. It's like thanking me for obeying the rules. Same goes for the yellow box rule when there's traffic. People wave as if you're letting them go. I'm not letting you go. I have to stop before the box, otherwise I'll be stuck in the middle blocking traffic.

You'd be surprised at the amount of ignorant feckers that won't stop to let you cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

People putting things with lids back in their rightful place, but with the lid just resting on it, so that when you eventually find it (I am a man == I can never find things easily), you pick it up by the lid and it spills/breaks on the floor.

So you go to get the dustpan, but someone has not bothered emptying it so that spills everywhere too.

Then you finally get it done, you stand up and someone has forgotten to close the head level press above, which catches you on the temple with the corner of the press.

Nice start to the day this morning.....

People putting things with lids back in their rightful place, but with the lid just resting on it, so that when you eventually find it (I am a man == I can never find things easily), you pick it up by the lid and it spills/breaks on the floor.

So you go to get the dustpan, but someone has not bothered emptying it so that spills everywhere too.

Then you finally get it done, you stand up and someone has forgotten to close the head level press above, which catches you on the temple with the corner of the press.

I find this post so cute and dont know why :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lauraliath

I HATE gossips-I work with a load of hags who spend the day bitching incessantly, mostly about me (fresh meat). One just referred to me as a 'negative nelly' cos I don't go round with an inane smile on my face making out I've a shiny happy life. I also hate people who sit biting their nails in waiting rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If it helps you, it made me laugh this afternoon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

lauraliath wrote: »
    I HATE gossips-I work with a load of hags who spend the day bitching incessantly, mostly about me (fresh meat). One just referred to me as a 'negative nelly' cos I don't go round with an inane smile on my face making out I've a shiny happy life. I also hate people who sit biting their nails in waiting rooms.

OMG, stop being so negative…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement