Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When people wave at you for 'letting' them cross the pedestrian crossing.

It doesn't really annoy me but it's funny. It's like thanking me for obeying the rules. Same goes for the yellow box rule when there's traffic. People wave as if you're letting them go. I'm not letting you go. I have to stop before the box, otherwise I'll be stuck in the middle blocking traffic.
    We're mostly just grateful that you stopped and didn't plough us down as we crossed the road:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Camrat wrote: »
    My local Tescos increases the price of certain product's Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sunday's. It's not much only 50cent here a euro there. but it pisses me off. Why can they charge more at weekends.

How is this legal?

This.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

LizT wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at the amount of ignorant feckers that won't stop to let you cross.
    Yeah, not long ago I was crossing at a pedestrian crossing when I had the green light, some guy in a jeep was coming up and I could hear him roaring at me from behind his steering wheel. As soon as I was past he drove straight through the red light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

i hate that daily millions ad...the one where they keep repeating it....something like groundhog day....

also sharon osbourne p!sses me off

in my apartment block the elevator always goes straight back up to the top floor therefore every time when on the ground floor there is a painful wait of at least a minute.......can it not just stay on the floor where it last stopped or return back to the ground floor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Muppetts down the pub cheering on their Premier League team all while wearing a tiocfaidh ar la t-shirt :rolleyes: ( Just ****ing die you asswipes )

People who support 2 teams,now I can understand if you support your local team in Ireland and an English club or whoever that's fair enough but supporting 2 big clubs which you see in Ireland a lot,for example the most commonly seen Lpool/Celtic or Man Utd/Celtic is just ridiculously annoying.

people who blow their nose....its ok when i do it but when strangers do it p!sses me off as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I find this post so cute and dont know why :confused:

Hmm. Cute, eh? I was expecting maybe sympathy or empathy, or maybe even mirth. Not sure what I feel about cute...I'll have to sleep on it. And maybe hope tomorrow starts a little better.

If it helps you, it made me laugh this afternoon?

Yeah, always happy to make another boardsie smile :)

• Green bananas.

• Advertisement

Costcutter in Windy Arbour. Full of bewildered looking people who seem to be lost or out for the day. It's like the twilight zone.

And the bananas are green, the kiwis harder than conkers, the apples decaying, the oranges smush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I often do online shopping with Tesco and I always specify that I want long sell by dates on fresh produce. I really hate the way that they try an unload short date products on me. Last week I'd to send back milk that had a sell by date of the next day. Butter that had the wrapper torn and the butter exposed and pet food that was the wrong type. Its fricking inconvenient and sub par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The negativity. Joe Duffy on Liveline. The front of the Sunday Independent. Journal.ie polls. Here.

Ireland is going to be grand. We're over the worst. In 5 years time we will still live in one of the last proper social democracies in the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Fúcking Facebook notifications about my birthday. :pac: Fúck off, I never speak to you.

People in apartment blocks who leave anonymous notes under your door for petty things like not holding the fire door while it closes to avoid a little bang. Why not wait to meet me in the flesh and say it if it bothers you that much. So I slam it now,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

People in apartment blocks who leave anonymous notes under your door for petty things like not holding the fire door while it closes to avoid a little bang. Why not wait to meet me in the flesh and say it if it bothers you that much. So I slam it now,

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1323062570885261.png

:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Festy wrote: »
    Muppetts down the pub cheering on their Premier League team all while wearing a tiocfaidh ar la t-shirt :rolleyes: ( Just ****ing die you asswipes )

People who support 2 teams,now I can understand if you support your local team in Ireland and an English club or whoever that's fair enough but supporting 2 big clubs which you see in Ireland a lot,for example the most commonly seen Lpool/Celtic or Man Utd/Celtic is just ridiculously annoying.

I've never, in my 27 years of living in Ireland, ever seen one of those T-Shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've never, in my 27 years of living in Ireland, ever seen one of those T-Shirts.

http://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/tiocfaidh-ar-la/

One of many tasteful items available from SF

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

http://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/tiocfaidh-ar-la/

One of many tasteful items available from SF

Apparently, customers who bought that also bought an "IRA Undefeated Army" t-shirt. I thought Sinn Féin were trying to distance themselves from that organisation. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Trivial things that annoy you

Unnecessary noise, everywhere.

1) In the pub (tv, radio, amplifiers for bands): What's wrong with having a quiet conversation without that foreign imposition and noise level upon natural one-to-one conversation? In the days before I gave up on pubs, I hated having to shout to be heard because of this policy in so many Irish pubs.

2) On the bus: if people want to listen to the radio, let them bring a personal radio and headphone, rather than impose the driver's preference on all passengers.

3) In dental and doctors' surgeries: you do not need to entertain me with idiots talking on the radio, or mediocre music choices imposed on me. I have an ipod that I can bring, if I want. I have a book that I can bring, if I want. Why can't you respect my right to sit in your surgery in peace?

Quietness is good. Conversation is enriching. Imposing all these external noises upon natural sound levels is obnoxious and patronising at every level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dont mind general noise in pubs but there is always one group with one person who laughs unnecessarily loudly and it drives me fuucking mad :mad: It actually startles me, and sometimes physically hurts my ears and I wonder how the people sitting beside this person can tolerate it. Anyone else had experience with this eejit or just me? There seems to be just one (never more) in every beer garden. And its not constant either. In a way, that wouldnt be as bad. It's the waiting for it thats nearly worse. The random, loud guffaw that is just ridiculous really. There's no need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I fúcking hate smilies. They're like laugh tracks on sit-coms.

People who say things like, "thats so funny" or "omg thats hilarious" - :confused: If its funny, laugh, dont tell me its funny. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People who say things like, "thats so funny" or "omg thats hilarious" - :confused: If its funny, laugh, dont tell me its funny. :mad:

Ah here, why are you using those smilies commenting on a post giving out about smilies…

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ah here, why are you using those smilies commenting on a post giving out about smilies…

:D

Sorrry...um....":("

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

People who slurp hot drinks, soup etc. What kind of homes do they come from?

Whistling. What the fcuk is it about tradesmen? It's nearly always them; indeed, as I type there is one cretin outside my house who thinks he's some kind of entertainer. Annoying twat.

The other kind of whistler is usually some other docile prick wandering supermarket aisles.

the awkwardness in an elevator. why should i say hi and bye to someone i dont know. i dont go around the street saying hi to everyone. can i not just go into an elevator and feel comfortable about saying nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

People who slurp hot drinks, soup etc. What kind of homes do they come from?

Japanese homes where it's considered good manners and a sign of appreciation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement